Episode 5.12: Dead Is Dead

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.12: Title Unknown

Airdate: April 1, 2009

• 12/18 - Graham: Caucasian, male, 40. Blue eyes, 6 foot, English/British ONLY, confident, has come into his own and ready to be a leader. He's the SVP of a major financial corporation jockeying for the CEO position. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.12: Dead Is Dead

Airdate: April 1, 2009

• 01/28 - Brian: Any ethnicity, late 20s to mid-30s. Smart, charismatic and clever with the ability to be physically imposing. He is wise beyond his years. Capable of genuine charm, he is also the first person you'd want to help you out of any serious jams. Recurring. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 4 weeks later...
Episode 5.12

• 3 weeks later...

:notworthy: FANTASTICALLY BRILLIANT EPISODE!! The writers for this one absolutely deserve an Emmy! :notworthy:

I don't even know where to begin. I think I'm going to have to digest this one a little further- maybe even watch it again- before commenting in detail but, suffice it to say- I was absolutely blown away!

Initial quick thoughts:

I am SO GLAD that Ben didn't kill Penny...but what in the heck happened to Desmond? Ben puts a bullet in his chest but Desmond jumps up and beats the crapola out of Ben. I guess the island really isn't done with Desmond yet!

Anyone else jumping for joy that Ben has to be the little lapdog for Locke now? Pure genius. Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn are absolutely brilliant working together, so I'm thrilled that they'll be joined at the hip for awhile!

Ben has a soft spot for kids...adult males with the name of Caesar, not so much! :gunsmilie:

So was that actually Alex- in the way that Locke is Locke - or was that just a smoke monster apparition? And did anyone see the Egyptian hieroglyphics of the dog-like statue (I'm thinking of the 4-toed variety here) bowing down to a smoke-like drawing? WAY. TOO. COOL!

I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts! I'll post more later...

I am SO GLAD that Ben didn't kill Penny...

--Then why did he tell Sun that if she sees Des to tell him he's sorry. I'm thinking Ben sinking to the bottom if the harbor isn't the end. Although, if ANYTHING happens to Penny and Des, I'm going to be SOOO pissed!!

When Ben said to John that ol'smokey, "Let me live", I totally expected John to respond, "This time." I really like the tranquil John Locke. It reminds me of season 1 Locke. YEAH

"Dead is Dead" Episode Re-Cap

TV Guide, Apr 8, 2009 07:56 PM ET by Mickey O'Connor

deadisdeadl.jpg

Namaste, y'all! Wednesday's episode of Lost tells the story of Ben's atonement for his many sins, but one in particular: causing the death of his "daughter," Alex. We learn how Alex parted company with her mother, Danielle Rousseau, and came to live with Ben, what caused the bad blood between Ben and Widmore and what exactly the good-ol' smoke monster considers a fair punishment for Ben's ethically dubious nature

Ben's my fav character on LOST. I can't imagine it without him. I don't believe he wanted Alex dead. He was using reverse psychology trying to make her look unimportant. Then maybe they wouldn't shoot her and move onto something or someone else.

Here's one of the shots of hieroglyphics on the wall of the statue "Annubis" bowing down to the smoke monster. Some think that Annubis may be the four-toed statue.

5x12anubissmokeycopy.jpg

photo courtesy of ABC and lost.cubit.net