Episode 5.11: Whatever Happened Happened

Dade

Couresy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.11: Title Unknown

Airdate: March 25, 2009

• 12/18 - Erik: late 20s to 30s. Any ethnicity. Smart and dangerous. Tough military type. Follows orders and doesn't question them. He is a loyal soldier. Could possibly recur. Debra: late 20s to 30s. Any ethnicity. Intelligent field nurse. Can quickly respond to new emergencies. Strong, does not shrink from overwhelming situations. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 2 months later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.11: Whatever Happened, Happened

Airdate: April 1, 2009

• 03/14 - Kate goes to extreme measures to save Ben's life when Jack refuses to help. Meanwhile, Kate begins to tell the truth about the lie in order to protect Aaron. Source: ABC

• 2 weeks later...

Lost Episode Recap: "Whatever Happened, Happened"

Apr 1, 2009 08:46 PM ET by Mickey O'Connor-TV Guide

Namaste, y'all! Wednesday's episode of Lost was about truth-telling. It was bound to happen. One of the Oceanic 6 had to crack. But who knew it would be truth-challenged Kate? In 1977, she is motivated by her newfound maternal instincts to save the life of a child, even if that child grows up to be Benjamin Linus. Circa-2006, Kate visits Cassidy, Sawyer's con-woman former girlfriend, to honor his pre-helicopter-jump wishes. And in 2007, we learn what happened to Aaron, and why Kate decided to return to the island.

So let's get to it! (As usual, I've rearranged the narrative. I hope this isn't annoying.)

Jin comes to, gets on the radio and reports that Sayid is headed north. (Aside: Is he telling the truth?) Interestingly, he doesn't tell the guy on the radio that Ben has been shot. But he does load him into a VW bus, stat!

Back in New Otherton, post-flaming bus crash, they are preparing for another attack, where, in general, chaos reigns. Horace reports that "one of us" freed Sayid, which launches a witch hunt/investigation. He reports that only Roger Linus (Ben's dad), Jack (as in Shepherd) and Willie (as in Nelson

I loved this episode, if only for the fact that it actually redeemed the character of Kate in my eyes. She went back to the island to find Claire and she a little bit selfless after all. Who knew? Evangeline definitely deserves kudos for her performance- the best Kate episode ever!

I also loved the interaction with Hurley and Miles. Damon and Carlton wrote this episode and it's so obvious in this exchange of dialogue. They are totally appealing to the LOST fanatics on the internet-I love it. Thank you, D&C!

Jack giving it right back to Kate-priceless: "I don't like the new you," Kate tells him. "You didn't like the old me, Kate," replies Jack. Take that. I also think this dialogue was a shout out by D&C to all the Jack-hating LOST fanatics on the message boards who don't seem to like Jack no matter he does.

Sawyer helped Kate try and save Ben for Juliet! I guess that answers the question as to whether he's over Kate. Well, looks like the fork's in her and she's done. Yipee!

That temple is going to be the huge key to alot of needed answers, I have a feeling!

Richard takes Ben to the temple after telling Sawyer and Kate that he will never be the same, will not remember anything that happened, and will be "one of us now". There's healing properties extrordinare in that temple, that's for sure!

Ok, so here's my thought- whoever (Jacob?) or whatever (smokey? the Island, in general?) does the healing can resurrect dead people as well- they don't have to be alive. That would explain Christian and Locke...who I'm guessing the Others may have taken out of their coffins and brought to the temple. I don't know whether Claire died in the house explosion but this would explain her being with Christian as well. Also, they seem to like to collect bodies- Amy's husband, for example. Is the island making its own immortal island security guard detail, perhaps? We know that Richard's been around for a long time and doesn't seem to age. The only problem with this theory is that both Charles (Widmore) and Ellie (Elinore Hawking) have aged considerably and they seem to have been members of the Others as well. Maybe you have to stay on the Island in order not to age? So many questions!