image host
Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Laura and Tara... Friends... MAY CONTAIN SHOW NIGHT SPOILERS

Laura: laura.png

Starting weight around 285 lbs. Weight Loss as of 1/27 13 pounds...

Friends Team

Jillian's Team

Height: 5'9"

Hometown: Miami, FL

Laura is known as a social butterfly. She is a very giving, outgoing and an ambitious young woman. Growing up as an only child with divorced parents, Laura learned how to take care of herself at a very young age. Her whole life, she has always been "the big girl," but after the loss of her father at age 15, Laura's weight became uncontrollable. She has tried every diet, but to no avail. While attending Florida International University to study advertising and marketing, she started her career as a top sales director for a major cosmetic company. At Laura's thinnest adult weight, she conquered her goal of becoming a plus-size model for a top Miami agency. During her career, her expectations were that she could eat whatever she wanted, because she was "plus-size." To her surprise, clients did not want a model that was larger than a size 14! She needs this chance to get back in shape and to get her career and life back.

Former plus-size models Tara and Laura have lived life to the fullest, but since gaining an exorbitant amount of weight they have taken themselves out of the game of life. Now these two are ready for revenge. With the amount of energy and charisma that they both share, combined they can take on any obstacle and succeed. With all these qualities, plus their fight and determination, these two know they have "got to lose it to win it, so lets get it done!"

Tara: tara.png

Starting weight around 290 lbs. Weight Loss as of 1/27 42 pounds...

Friends Team

Jillian's Team

Height: 5'9"

Hometown: New York, NY

Tara is a very charming young lady who carries herself very well. She's a "real" person, doesn't sugarcoat it, and is easy to relate to. Growing up in a small town, Tara developed her loud and sparkling personality. In a single parent home, Tara's mother taught her the necessity of self-achievement and independence. Since those lessons, Tara has become a plus-size model for a top New York modeling agency, graduated from New York University with honors, and accepted a financial analyst position at L'Oreal. With all this success, Tara feels she hasn't accomplished the most important goal of all: losing weight. Tara has always been a bigger girl since she was young, and recently has gained more weight since working full-time. Now Tara, feeling more self-conscious than ever and frightened for her health, doesn't feel comfortable being the same spontaneous and charismatic person she once was. Not only does Tara deserve a healthier lifestyle after all that she has already accomplished, but she also deserves the self-confidence, the spark and the smile that comes along with it.

Former plus-size models Tara and Laura have lived life to the fullest, but since gaining an exorbitant amount of weight they have taken themselves out of the game of life. Now these two are ready for revenge. With the amount of energy and charisma that they both share, combined they can take on any obstacle and succeed. With all these qualities, plus their fight and determination, these two know they have "got to lose it to win it, so lets get it done!"

Okay, now the "former models" thing makes more sense - they were former Plus Size models. They are pretty girls, I hope they can meet their goals.

I can see them doing really well or giving up early. Maybe it's just years of watching "America's Next Top Model", but most reality tv models are pretty ugly on the inside.

pretty girls

Wow that Laura is such a whiny ass and I hope she doesn't come back.

Tara has a great attitude.

Tara is tough - very motivated and hard worker. They definitely sent the right one home.

I just found it hysterically funny when Laura was freaking out that she couldn't breathe and Tara said:

Suck it up Princess, you aren't the only fat girl in the room!!

:animated_rotfl: hilarious

^^^ OMG that was funny. I had forgotten about that.

Suck it up Princess, you aren't the only fat girl in the room!!

wouldn't that make a great signature line? :animated_scratchchin:

Love Tara. Laura was as invisible as a fat person can get. She had absolutely no personality and no motivation. Did she even speak on camera once?

Laura whined and cried and puked a lot.

You can't really say anything about them throwing up.. i don't think she made herself do it..,

I hope Tara did not load up on water before the weigh in because she had immunity. She worked really hard and only losing one pound was kinda weird....

just sayin

I posted about that in the spoiler thread Marty.... there is lots of speculation that she did..... it would make sense knowing she was safe this week and making sure she has a big weight loss next week :animated_scratchchin:

Well I really like her and she has such a good attitude and if she did "water up" then that would knock her down a notch in my book.

If she did, she was smart enough to do it at an unprovable time. Week 2 has always been notorious for bad numbers.

Tara continues to carry the team - Laura needs to step up and put up some better numbers. 3 pounds isn't going to cut it.

I'm hoping that Tara kicks her partners butt this next week. Is it just me or does it seem like Jillian is taking it easy on the contestants this year after Bob had his emotional outburst with Joelle?

Ya know I really liked Tara but all the crying last night was just too much for me. Makes you wonder what her "connection" was with Blaine.