"Sopranos" Actor John Costelloe

TV_Paige

ap_100BW.jpg

"Sopranos" Actor John Costelloe Commits Suicide

i> for his role as the gay short-order c Witowski, in four episodes of the hit HBO series. Costelloe's character was cast in 2006 as the lover of Vito Spatafore, a mob henchman seeking to keep his gay life secret.

Spatafore was portrayed by Actor Joseph R. Gannascoli. Costelloe and Gannascoli were close friends off "The Sopranos" set. Sadly, Costelloe also stars opposite Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman in the film, "Doubt," which is currently in theaters in a holiday release.

%7Boption%7D' alt='> %7Boption%7D'>

Joseph R. Gannascoli (left) and John Costelloe (right) in a scene from 'The Sopranos.'

The tragic, sudden death of Costelloe has stunned family and friends who consider the actor's passing as a holiday tragedy. "It's beyond me. This is too much for me to handle right now," the actor's dad, Michael Costelloe, 77, told The New York Post.

According to The New York Post, Costelloe shot himself in the head in his basement bedroom. The front door to Costelloe's Sunset Park home was still sealed with police stickers on Wednesday, more than a week after the rugged 47-year-old actor committed suicide, The New York Post reported.