Kimberley Locke Update

Jem

'Idol' Finalist Locke May Return to Reality

kimberleylocke_americanidol_240.jpg

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Kimberley Locke's third place finish in the second installment of FOX's "American Idol" was somewhat lost in the avalanche of press for Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken. Now Locke, who has some measure of success with her first album, may be looking to get back into the reality television business.

According to Billboard, Locke and her manager are pitching an unscripted show tentatively titled "Aren't You That Girl?" through Stiletto Television. "People stop her all the time -- airports especially -- and they ask, 'Aren't you that girl from "American Idol?"'," says Jerry J. Sharell, Locke's manager. "So it was either that title or 'Is Simon Really That Mean?' and I don't think Cowell needs more press."

Locke hopes to have cameras following her through what looks to be a busy year. She heading into the studio to record her second album and she's already announced plans to wed Don Campbell.

Nielsen SoundScan reports that "One Love," Locke's debut, has sold 202,000 copies since it was released in May of 2004.

• 3 months later...

TV Guide

'Idol' Locke Lands Big Model Job

by Rochell D. Thomas

sq-locke-kim-press04-crb.jpg

Kimberley Locke

Simon Cowell told many an "American Idol" contestant to lose a few pounds. Now one of his so-called chubby songbirds has made her plus size pay. Kimberley Locke, the secretary from Tennessee who finished third to Ruben and Clay in Season 2, is the new spokesmodel for Lane Bryant's Seven7 jeans.

Ads featuring the singer went up in stores and billboards last week. And this week, the 27-year-old, who had a hit last year with the song "8th World Wonder," will start a seven-city Lane Bryant promotional tour.

"I get clothes and the entire 'Seven7' jean line," Locke says of the perks. "I'm sure it will double-maybe even triple-my wardrobe." Take that, Simon.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name