uvp

Fantasia Barrino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

update

they said she reached an agreement to keep the house

i just think its harder to market the black idols in general

yeah i said it

if you looked at the scene all the white idol winners were successful and still are and no taylor hicks doesnt count chris doughtry takes his spot

yeah i said that too

the black idol do good for the first few years then the marketing around them cant keep them above water

i just think the black idol get dumped into the hip hop, r &b genre where no one really takes them serious because you already have establish players there eg beyonce, mariah , usher

whereas the white idol get embrace by the media, music industry, their genre which isnt hip hop , r &b

:food-smiley-005:

signed,

the truth

not me lol

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how he won!

And I don't know how Fantasia isn't more successful. I think she's hands down the best one to have won thus far. I wonder if it's because she has a daughter and how that was her main focus...maybe she wasn't ready/willing to tour and move around so much? Or is it because of her broadway thing? Idk, I would hate to think it's because she's black and that people really are that ignorant. I don't dispute this though, I know we're not nearly as equal as ppl like to paint the picture sadly. Society has come a long way, but we still have so far to go. Either way, I'm shocked.

Of the 3 "Divas" from her season, Fantasia was our least favorite. I thought Latoya London was stunning, and I was horrified when Jennifer Hudson went home. I am gratified by her success. She was, and is exceptional. I think her talent transcends color. She could be green and will still be a star!

I do think it's difficult for middle America to relate to an illiterate single mother! I'm not saying that color is not an issue as it might be. But there is also no debate possible that she's made horrible choices in her life.