Episode 5.09: Namaste

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.09: Title Unknown

Airdate: March 11, 2009

• 12/04 - We have gotten the confirmation that [recurring character Marty Jankowsky] will be played by Eric Lange and that he will appear in at least two episodes. [...] As of now it seems like Marty will be a character with off-island scenes. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 11/20 - Marty Jankowsky: 40s to 50s, Caucasian, very smart and controlling. Marty has his own way of doing things and god help you if you cross him and/or try to alter his very precise process. A deep and free thinker he uses his fierce intellect as a weapon. Possible recur. Jack Ross: 30s, any ethnicity. A former air force bomber pilot who now uses his professional skills and unflappable demeanor to maintain order in a highly chaotic environment. He's smart, professional and competent. He keeps his wits as those around him in a crisis are losing theirs. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 2 months later...

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.09: Namaste

Airdate: March 11, 2009

• 02/08 - Jin and Swayer see the first half of the Oceanic 6. The reaction is emotional to the return. Jack talks to Marvin Candle. Juliet and Sawyer are living together. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 2 weeks later...

"NAMASTE"- It's All About Ben

Source: EOnline

Lost is moving again

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the many reasons I LOVE this show!!!

The wind (smokey?) blows the door open, we see a mist and then, during a close-up of Sun's face, over her right shoulder, we see what looks like a woman with long hair in the background (shades of jacob in the rocking chair). Chills, I tell ya, chills. :shocked2:

Could it be Charlotte? Could it be Claire? :animated_scratchchin:

The look on Juliette and Sayyid's faces was priceless! I could feel their stomachs drop when they meet young Ethan and Ben.

I was a little surprised (happily surprised) to see Miles still on the island. Now my question is: Where's Daniel?

Yeah, but I was a little disappointed the baby was Ethan cuz Ethan seemed a lot older than 28-30 to me during the Claire abduction time frame. It does make me wonder how he became a member of the hostiles/others if his parents were from DHARMA though. We don't know what happened to his mother by the time of the purge but we know Daddy Goodspeed was killed during it- which Ethan was involved in. So, if I had to guess, it's going to have to do with daddy issues, the same as Ben. I'm beginning to think that the whole daddy issue thing is a huge part of the puzzle!

Characters who have/had daddy issues:

Locke - skunk of a dad cons him of his kidney and pushes him out a window

Sawyer- dad kills mom and himself (Sawyer holds Locke's conman dad responsible and eventually kills him on the island)

Jack - dad's a troubled alcoholic who Jack gets suspended from practicing medicine because of it. Goes to Australia, gets killed (how though? :animated_scratchchin:), Jack goes to bring his body home and...

Kate- step-dad is a wife-beating loser. Kate burns his house down with him in it.

Ben- dad blames Ben for his wife's death during child-birth and treats him miserably until Ben, as a young adult, finally kills him and helps orchestrate the Purge.

Sun- Dad is a Korean crime boss who basically forces Jin to work for him as a thug and assassin.

Jin- Dad is kind but Jin is embarrassed of him because he is poor.

Claire- Jack's daddy is actually also Claire's daddy!

Hurley- Had daddy issues because his dad left them but the relationship was restored.

Walt- actually, I'm not sure this should go under this category because I think their issues were resolved but they did have issues at one time so, what the heck...

Penny- Widmore...nuff said.

Characters who very well may have daddy issues:

Ethan- Horace Goodspeed-There just HAS to be daddy issues here that haven't been revealed yet because we know that Ethan winds up with The Others.

Daniel- We don't know who his dad is yet but we now know his mom (Eloise Hawking) was a part of DHARMA on the island so there just has to be some daddy issues there somewhere. Widmore, perhaps?

Miles- If his dad turns out to be Pierre Chang, you can bet there's some daddy issues!

Charlotte- Since Charlotte was on the island with her mother and nothing was mentioned about her father, you can bet there's daddy issues here too.

Characters who don't/didn't seem to have daddy issues AT THIS POINT:

Charlie- loved his father and in flashbacks was shown having happy memories of his father teaching him to swim. Now brother issues- that's another story...

Michael- We don't know anything about his dad. He did have conversations with his mother on the phone and she is the current guardian of Walt, but nothing about his dad.

Juliet- We don't know anything about her dad or mom at this point but she and her sister are/were very close.

Sayid- nothing is known, at this point, about his parents.

Widmore- Now I would LOVE to know who his daddy is!!

Desmond- nothing is know about his parents.

I'm loving the new and improved kick-ass Sawyer, and Jack's look and response when he realized that he didn't mind having Sawyer take the leadership role was priceless!

Final thoughts:

1. Kate better leave Sawyer the heck alone!!!

2. Yeah, where is Daniel? I assumed by Sawyer's comment that he had just checked out mentally. But, who knows? He could actually have taken a sub off the island... :animated_scratchchin:

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW RECAPS

Lost Episode Recap: "Namaste"

Mar 18, 2009 10:15 PM ET by Adam Bryant

On this episode of Lost, Sawyer (aka Jim LaFleur) continues to play heroic leader by scrambling to convince his Dharma buddies in 1977 that Jack & Co. are new recruits rather than time-travelling Lostaways. Meanwhile, the rest of the passengers on Ajira Flight 316 sort out their situation