Episode 5.08: LeFleur

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.08: Title Unknown

Airdate: March 4, 2009

• 11/08 - Phil: Any ethnicity, mid-20s to mid-40s. Thin, serious, and in usually in a bad mood. Works in corporate security, a task master, runs his teams by the rules. Possible recur. Jerry: Any ethnicity, mid-20s to mid-30s. A bad boy. Dangerous, charming and always up for a good time. Works in corporate security; can be serious and tough when he needs to be. Possible recur. Doctor: Male, any ethnicity, 30s. Smart, hippy-ish, well-trained doctor who finds himself thrown into a situation outside of his medical experience and has to adjust. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 11/08 - Reiko Aylesworth is in negotiations for a major recurring role on ABC's Lost. In at least four episodes of ABC Studios' Lost, Aylesworth will play Amy, a smart and successful professional woman with a love for the outdoors who is looking for the right man. Source: The Hollywood Reporter
  • 11/02 - Amy: A smart, attractive and charismatic Caucasian woman somewhere between 35-42 years old. She is outdoorsy and adventurous. She is comfortably successful at her job. Her love life is complicated and a reflection of her own complex nature. She is a woman many men find attractive and she likes qualities of each of her suitors but is looking for the whole package. Other women find her funny and honest. A significant recur of at least 4 episodes. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 2 months later...

LOST - "LaFleur" - Sawyer perpetuates a lie with some of the other island survivors in order to protect themselves from mistakes of the past, on "Lost," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/MARIO PEREZ)

Promo photos for Episode 5.08

lafleurepisodecz9.jpg

lafleurepisode3jo6.jpg

lafleurepisode2pt5.jpg

lafleur4re6.jpg

Source of photos: ABC and DarkUFO

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.08: LaFleur

Airdate: March 4, 2009

• 02/15 - Sawyer perpetuates a lie with some of the other island survivors in order to protect themselves from mistakes of the past. Guest starring are Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Doug Hutchison as Horace Goodspeed, Reiko Aylesworth as Amy, Christopher Jaymes as doctor, Kevin Rankin as Jerry, Patrick Fischler as Phil, Molly McGivern as Rosie, Carla Buscaglia as Heather and John Skinner as Other #1. Source: ABC

• 2 weeks later...

Lost Episode Recap: "LaFleur"

Mar 5, 2009, by Mickey O'Connor, TV GUIDE

Namaste, y'all! Wednesday's episode of Lost continues the story of what happened to those remaining on the island, ping-ponging between the moment when Locke left the island and the moments leading up to the arrival of Ajira Airways Flight 316. We learn what happened when Locke turned the frozen donkey wheel, what the Dharma Initiative was like in the 1970s and what the heck LaFleur is.

We briefly recap the disappearing wishing well situation, with Sawyer still hanging on to the rope that ends in solid earth after the flash.

So when are we now? "I'd say way before [the well was built]," snarks Miles, and they all look up to see an ancient-looking, gargantuan statue off in the distance. It has longish hair, pointy ears and a brush cut on top. It's wearing a toga. We're meant to believe that this is what the four-toed statue fragment comes from, but it begs the question: Does Jin remember seeing it before?

As John turns the donkey wheel, there's a new kind of flash, sending Sawyer, Juliet, Miles, Jin and Daniel into painful-looking convulsions. When it's over, Miles says, "That one was different; that was more like an earthquake." Now the well is back, but it's filled-in. They observe that their flash headaches are gone, and their noses are no longer bleeding. "I think it's over," Juliet says. "I think John did it." So now what? "Now we wait for him to come back," Sawyer says, "as long as it takes."

From this point, I'm going to do something crazy, and tell you everything that happened "three years earlier" first and then "three years later" and see if it works. For sure, there are clever adjacencies between the two stories and it's interesting how and when we are doled out the few revelations of this episode, but I'm going to sacrifice that insight for the ability to look at and evaluate complete narratives. Forgive me!

"THREE YEARS EARLIER"

After the big flash, they find Daniel, who is basically distraught... and alone. "Where's Red?" asks Sawyer. "She's gone. She's dead. There was another flash and she was gone," he cries. Her body just disappeared because dead people don't flash apparently. Daniel reports that wherever we are now, whenever we are now, we're here for good. Sawyer wants to head back to the beach, and although Miles bitches about how much aimless jungle hiking they're doing

GREAT EPISODE!!

Yes, it left me with many more questions but I just went along for the ride - and what a ride it was!!

I don't know about you but I'm lovin' the new James Sawyer AKA Jim LaFleur and his sidekick, Tonto- err, I mean Juliet. This romance could exceed Desmond and Penny's, imo...just as long as the writers don't screw up and put annoyingly fickle Kate in between them. I want to keep seeing Sawyer and Juliet "get each others backs", if you know what I mean.

Richard Alpert is the leader of the Hostiles - but my question is....what or who is he REALLY? Stays the same, never changes :animated_scratchchin: . My gut theory now is that all the "Hostiles" are actually people who have died but the Island has basically brought back to life (or be re-animated) to protect it. That is why they can go through the fence and not change in appearance (staying with the same appearance they had when they died) like Alpert, Christian, and others. They can even be used off the island-Ana Lucia, Charlie, Libby....maybe even Mrs. Hawking? Or....BEN? How awesomely amazing would it be to have an episode from Ben's past that shows him die? I know this probably isn't the case, but my mind is going in all different directions right now!

There definitely were some Egyptian tie-ins in this episode; first and foremost being the STATUE, in all it's fullness (although we only saw it from behind) instead of just its foot and four toes. Definitely had an Egyptian look to me.

Second, there was Paul's ankh necklace that Amy took off his body. The ankh is an Egyptian symbol for everlasting life...so is that why they needed Paul's body? A new recruit or creepy science experiment, perhaps? Or was it simply so Alpert could show his group that is was an "eye for an eye" and the truce still stands?

Finally, the Egyptian connection leads me back to Alpert. People are always commenting about how his eyes look like he has eye-liner on. Damon and Carlton insist that he doesn't, but I'm going out on a limb and saying that all along they've planned an Egyptian connection with him. I think he dates back a long, long, LONG time on the island. I, for one, am hoping that we'll get to see some of his backstory, and SOON!