Secret Millionaire

uvp

Each week a millionaire leaves their luxury life behind, takes on a secret identity and lives undercover in a deprived area of the UK for ten days. Living on a limited budget with no mod-cons they must forge their own way in the community

Sounds very interesting but I'm wondering how they're going to pull this off with cameras filming their every move...sounds just a little too staged to me. I do love the premise though.

yeah fox reality shows are always over the top and seem too staged

I watched it last night. The first hour watched it through the second hour i kept flipping as something esle was on too.

It was a pretty good show and lets you think that perhaps you dont have it so bad. Especially the one couple who went to southern Louisiana where Katrina hit pretty hard. Amazing to me that the government and insurance companies have still not stepped in and got areas rebuilt.

The question came up as to how they were going to get away with it with cameras.

They tell people that they are filming a documentary and that the millionairs are people living below poverty level.

It is cool when they reveal themselves and start handing out the checks.

The first couple * a father and son * gave out 125K

25K to a woman construction worker who they met

50K to a woman who had a bunch of kids she was taking care of

50K to a family who had a little girl stricken with bone cancer.

the second couple * a husband and wife who were both millionairs in their own right * gave 300K

100k to a couple who were trying to open a coffee shop/home that was destroyed

100k to a football coach of a school for his rag-tag team who won the state finals

100k to a minister who was also reconstructing and had a volunteers brigade

its a pretty good show but i think should be cut down to a half hour.

• 2 weeks later...

i had high hopes for this show but the staging of everything turned me off

I have to admitt it that last nights show did seem staged in a way.

I was surprised that she only gave 20k to the one family and 70k to the second family but then

100k to the woman who obviously owned her own business and seemed ok herself although she did do a lot of charity work.

not sure if i will stick with this one..... i hate it when they tell them that they have been liars to them and then cut to commercial...stupid.

I am sure that I wll grow tired of this show but for now I really like the premise and the millionairs seem fairly sincere in their learnings.

The show reminds me that there are people out there doing great things (not the millionaires). I had tears in my eyes last episode when the kid in the wheelchair got his check and the teen center needed a miracle to stay open and then got one. It reminds us we can all make a difference even if it is just writing a check.