TLC'S The Duggars

Cathy

Of all the different family reality shows that TLC has, the Duggar's bugs the crap out of me! I don't know what annoys me more, but at the top of the list is the glazed look the parents have and the sense of accomplishment they express at not using birth control and calling it god's blessing! Good lord! And now the oldest engaged son plans to follow in their foot steps!

Can't watch this show! The minute Little People, Big World and Jon and Kate plus 8 are over I switch channels.

Yeah, it seems mind boggling (and insane) that a couple would want so many children. I cringe everytime I hear that Brangelina's having another kid or adopting, lol. But this is what they feel God has put them on earth to do apparently, be fruitful and multiply. At least they are not burdening tax payers' dollars because the husband has a very good job and makes good money and they are not on any support. So in that instance, they can do whatever they want. It's her uterus, their financial burden. But we would be stupid not to think that TLC or some other company like Pampers isn't giving them free stuff.

I don't think we have the right to say how many kids people "should" have... I don't know if it's because both my parents are from very large families, and my own isn't small, but I just think that people that don't like the fact that this couple has chosen to have the kids that they do have the right to say... My mother has 10 siblings (for a total of 11 children) and my dad has 8 siblings (for a total of 9), and I remember having great times with all my cousins... Let me tell ya it's a big deal when you have 38 cousins on one side and 22 on the other... It's always fun, and loud... I know it's more modern and with birth control came women's freedom to not have children if they didn't want to, but I know these peoples religion and they take the bible literal and they believe the statement of go forward and multiply... It's their religion, and that's something you should really stay away from judging in my opinion, but it's just my opinion, and each and everyone else has a right to theirs... :)