Sign in to follow this  
morty

Gary Unmarried

Following last night's season-high rating, CBS has ordered four more scripts for freshman sitcom "Gary Unmarried" and will give the show a try on its high-traffic Monday comedy block.

post-2-1224883994_thumb.jpg

The network will re-air the "Gary" pilot next Monday at 9:30 p.m. as part of an all-repeat lineup, replacing "Worst Week." Even with "Two and a Half Men" airing a repeat, "Gary" should get a much bigger lead-in than the comedy typically receives from "New Adventures of Old Christine" on Wednesdays.

Last night's "Gary" was seen by 7.8 million viewers and earned a 2.5 rating among adults 18-49. The show has gradually and modestly climbed in the time period since its debut during premiere week. "Gary" ranked second in its time period last night, after Fox's presentation of the World Series.

CBS cautions not to read too much into the move, which has been long expected by network observers. Getting more viewers to sample "Gary" could help the show even if it simply trudges back to Wednesday nights afterward. Though the swap may not be hugely significant, it probably is telling that the network ordered only two scripts for "Worst Week," yet ordered four for "Gary."

Source: HollywoodReporter.com

post-2-1226545764_thumb.jpgJay Mohr's Gary may be Unmarried, but wouldn't you know it, he still has in-law issues. Cue the arrival of Matthew Lillard, who will guest-star as ex-wife Allison's brother, TVGuide.com has learned.

Lillard, of the Scream and Scooby-Doo film franchises, will appear in the freshman CBS comedy's 13th episode as Gary's former brother-in-law, Taylor, who has a knack for rubbing his well-to-do status in people's faces. Blue-collar Gary just barely tolerates affluent Taylor's taunts... until he uncovers a surprising secret about Allison's kin.

Despite holding onto, if not building upon, Old Christine's audience every Wednesday, Gary Unmarried has yet to be awarded a full-season pick-up.

Source: TVGuide.com

For some reason I haven't caught this sitcom yet... I really like Jay Mohr too! Must be a scheduling conflict. :(

CeCi I recommend trying to catch it.... seriously funniest sitcom I've seen in a long time

I think Gary Unmarried is underrated. CBS should put it on Mondays after Two and a Half Men instead of Worst Week. It took me a while to decide, but I've had enough of the big duffus on Worse Week.

Gary Unmarried - A Classy Thanksgiving at Gary's

Gary cordially invites you to a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at his place. Come for the gourmet dinner, the wonderful family, and... a special appearance by the police! Catch 'Gary Unmarried' Wednesdays at 8:30 on CBS!

Gary Unmarried - You Ask, They Tell: Paula Marshall

Paula Marshall answers your burning questions about keeping a straight face while working with Jay Mohr, her favorite pasttime and she even shows off a special talent! Catch Paula on Gary Unmarried Wednesdays at 8:30pm on CBS!

Gary Unmarried - Mitch Brooks: Looking For Love

Is Mitch Brooks the man of your dreams? He's sophisticated, courteous, athletic, and great with kids. What more could you want? Catch Mitch on 'Gary Unmarried' Wednesdays on CBS!

I also like this show...

I think I'm just a cbs junkie!! Wish cbs would run Dexter Seasons on the off months like they did during writers strike.

Only other shows off cbs I like are the Law and Orders and Lost.....