post-2-1224701870_thumb.jpgIn what marks his first major TV gig since Lost, Dominic Monaghan has signed on to guest-star on NBC's Chuck as -- stop me if this sounds familiar -- a free-spirited British rock star targeted for death by a shadowy group of evildoers. And the similarities to his Lost alter ego Charlie don't end there. Well, actually, yes, they do. "This is a very, very different kind of character," insists executive producer Josh Schwartz of Monaghan's metalhead, who makes an in-store appearance at Buy More and ends up getting entangled in one of Chuck's spy games. "He's a lunatic in the best sense of the word. And there's no heroin [addiction]." Monaghan's participation is only half the Feb. 2 episode's sell: It also will air partly in 3-D, piggybacking on NBC's 3-D Super Bowl stunt. (The network will broadcast the big game the night before.) Aside from the cool factor of seeing himself in 3-D, what drew Monaghan to the role? Did he have any hesitation about channeling someone who, at least on paper, so closely resembles Charlie? And might his tube return be the precursor to another Lost comeback? Hmmm

Can't wait to see him on Chuck...I miss Dominic too!

At this point, they haven't given an official start date for the new season- only that it will begin in January OR February of 2009. :( I'm still having serious LOST withdrawals myself...

• 2 weeks later...

NBC's fan-favorite dramedy Chuck has closed a deal for Andy Richter and Jenny McCarthy to appear in an episode called "Chuck Versus the Suburbs," which will air during February sweeps.

Are they going to be evil spies? Old friends? New lovers?

According to my sources, when intelligence reports suggest that an evil Fulcrum agent might be living in the suburbs, Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) are forced to go undercover as a...wait for it...married couple and play house.

(And the Sarah-Chuck fans go crazay.)

Andy and Jenny will play different neighbors who live in the 'hood.

"Chuck Versus the Suburbs" is episode 14 of the current second season, and it will most likely air in late February.

Source: Watch with Kristin @ E! Online

• 3 weeks later...