Episode 7 - The Great White Shark Hunter

Guest conniejoe

Guest conniejoe

1. Two Survivors battle to provide for their tribe. One brings home a clam; one brings home a shark.

2. Sitting out a Challenge, one Survivor finds it hard to watch from the sidelines and doubts the tribe's ability to win.

3. A tribe member is suspicious of a potential alliance forming between two very friendly tribemates that could spoil a game plan.

4. During a crucial Immunity challenge, one Survivor takes over for a struggling tribemate. Will it be enough to win?

VoiceOver

VO: Next Thursday, Survivor is on at it's regular night.

JP: A relationship gets complicated.

Tom: Their little romance could be a monkey wrench that we don't see coming.

JP: Bobby Jon scores for Ulong.

Stephenie: Yeah, good job.

Bobby Jon: Getting that fish felt like making the extra point to win the game.

Tom: Ahhhh ha ha ha.

JP: While Tom makes a slam dunk

Tom: How's that for a shark!

LET'S DISCUSS....

Guest Anonymous

Tom, the great hunter, brings home the shark -- that was on the previews -- Ulong gets the tiny little fiss. lol

Guest Willa

1. Two Survivors battle to provide for their tribe. One brings home a clam; one brings home a shark.

At first I thought that it must be Bobby Jon and Tom, since the previews showed BJ with a fish followed by Tom with a shark. But after reading some of the comments on Survivor Blows, I agree with some of them that it is Tom and Ian. I do not think that it is a big battle though. Maybe just some friendly competition.

2. Sitting out a Challenge, one Survivor finds it hard to watch from the sidelines and doubts the tribe's ability to win.

I think this is probably Coby. He was highlighted last night as being very nervous during the Immunity Challenge, so it could be him again. We at least know that it is someone from Koror, since they will be sitting out 5 people during each challenge.

3. A tribe member is suspicious of a potential alliance forming between two very friendly tribemates that could spoil a game plan.

This could be Tom, per the previews, talking about Gregg and Jenn (Grenn or Gregifer?) and their relationship opening a can of worms that they hadn't counted on. If not that, then it might be Coby being suspicious of Tom and Gregg's relationship and their apparent friendliness over the shark kill.

4. During a crucial Immunity challenge, one Survivor takes over for a struggling tribemate. Will it be enough to win?

I'm thinking that it's someone from Ulong. Probably Bobby Jon taking over for Ibrehem.

Guest cappy

I think that Ian brings home the clam and Tom and Gregg were seen with the shark.

2. Sitting out a Challenge' date=' one Survivor finds it hard to watch from the sidelines and doubts the tribe's ability to win.

Hm... tough. I think Im going to say its Tom or Ian. They have to sit out in at least one challenge and one of the weaker players (i.e. Caryn, Jenn, Katie) have to participate.

Lots of possible combinations. Ibe and BJ, BJ and Steph, Gregg and Jenn, Tom and Ian, or perhaps Coby and Janu. Im gonna have to stick with Gregg and Jenn.

I have this weird feeling that Steph is going to have to take over for Ibe. She has done better than the guys lots of times in the past.

We have to figure out what the Reward and Immunity Challenges will be so that some of the video clips make more sense :idea:

Obviously the Tom, Gregg and the Shark play a big part; or is this another ruse :?: Too bad there are no Fantasy points for fish. :x

Also, we are losing Fantasy points on the "Sit out" tribe members :cry:

Guest Willa

Yes, and I will be so glad when the survivors begin competing for individual rewards and immunity. Last week Janu was the only Koror tribe memeber that was worth having, point wise. I have no idea how to "fix" my team this week.

Guest cappy

I dont like it when one tribe has the majority because Koror is now 5 up to Ulong with 3 so it gets tricky picking people for fantasy. Losing 12 points is a lot. But Im getting big points from all the Koror wins.

Guest Willa

Anyone know anything about Bobby Jon or Ibrehem being taken as a POW during Ep. 7? I've been reading some chatter about it over at Blows and was wondering what you all thought.

Guest conniejoe

I heard something along those lines too, Willa. I think the current thought is that it's Ibrehem that gets "kidnapped". This is because at some future point, both Stephanie and Ibrehem go against each other in a challenge. In order for that to happen, they have to be on different tribes.

I'm still kind of young into the investigation of this though. I'll post more as I see clips of it.

Guest Willa

Yes, I read something about Ibe ( or Bobby Jon) and Stephanie competing against each other also. I wish I could remember where I read it, either Blows or Sucks probably. The thought there was that Ibe and Stephanie would compete against each other in Episode 8 as the last two Ulongs standing. The reason for the competition, which is thought to have something to do with fire, is to decide who goes home that week. If they did a normal tribal coucil it would obviously end up in a tie. Stephanie is thought to win and spend the night alone at the Ulong campsite before being absorbed by Koror the next day. I just wonder if it will be Ibe or Bobby Jon that makes it past tribal council this week?

Hi guys,

I've been gone so long I know some of you won't know me and some of you won't care that I'm back LOL... Anyway's I got something I find interesting and thought you might too...

CBS press release

March 28, 2005

TOM TAKES DOWN A SHARK, ON

Richard Hatch did in the "All Stars" edition. He was even bitten on the arm by the shark.

Ibrehem

Final Words

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Part I)

Ibrehem: Uh what can I say, I totally didn't expect to be voted out tonight, so it's a big surprise for me. I thought me and Bobby Jon had something, a little loyalty thing going, but I guess I was wrong and anything can happen, and it happened to me tonight.

My experience playing this game is probably one of the best experience of my life, just being able to experience being in an area or in a situation where I pretty much had to fend for myself, you can't go out and purchase food, or buy water. You have to find it yourself, and prepare it yourself, just pretty much do everything. I don't know. Maybe one area that I guess I pride myself in is that I stay loyal, I say what I say and I do what I do, and I kinda stick to it. So I am glad I stayed that way through the game, even though, I guess, it kinda worked against me this time, but I figured I was doing the right thing because it worked out for me a lot of other times, but I guess in this situation it didn't work out.

I think I was really playing the game in my own personal way, I don't think anyone is supposed to play the game the same way, I think you play the game in a way where you think it is actually working for you. As far as I knew, it was working for me. And other people are playing it differently and they can be voted out the next week. It's kind of the luck of the draw too, you know, it's going to be in other people's hands and you do what you can do, what you feel is the best for you. I felt like I was performing well in all of the areas, and you know, I don't think it would have came down to this like it did, unless we have loss so much as a tribe, then it came down to who maybe could beat them in the future.

I feel like I gave it my all, but everything you do, that you don't totally, I'm not going to say I didn't succeed at it, but you don't just totally go through with it and win, you are always going to wonder and second guess if you can do it this way or that way.

(Part II)

Like I said, I'm a pretty honest person, and I played the game the best way I felt I knew how. I wasn't going to change my character to play the game because I just felt it was fake. So I played the game, I picked the best way I knew how, I competed as hard as I could, I did everything I think I could do without compromising my character. So I mean, I honestly have no regrets.

From this experience, I walk away with a whole new respect for life, not taking things for granite. I also maybe uh I don't know, not to be as trusting. Other than that, it was an experience I definitely enjoyed. I hate, with all of my @#%$, that it is over. I mean, I am still in shock because I expected to be on. I honestly did not expect to be the person leaving tonight, but hey, nothing I can do anything about it now, I guess.

I think I have learned that I am just a genuine person, I stick by my word. You know, aside from playing the game, I think it is important to do that. I think I just uh reiterated to myself that you know, i need to be who I am and not necessarily be who anyone else thinks I need to be, no matter if I am playing a game or whatever it is. I think the main thing that I got from this is just a lot of lessons about life, a lot of lessons about people, a big lesson about hard work, which I never did mind ::whistles::. I never expected, I never worked this hard. I worked in a steel mill, I worked all over, doing different stuff, I never worked this hard to stay alive.

The only final words to my ex-tribemates is uh good luck, I mean, I wish you well, no hard feelings. I just wish that Bobby Jon would have been more honest with me, that is about it, I'm straight up, I am a man about things, you know, I guess, like I said, I am not going to say something and don't do it. But a lot of times, people do that, forget it and it comes back and bites them in the ass. I beat myself and whoever else they need to beat, they beat themselves too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look for the Silver Lining

Bobby Jon (confessional): I think in a way, dealing with a loss, is like an old lighter stump in the woods when you come across on it, I mean you see it there, it is weathered, it's rotten, it doesn't look good, it might even have ants, maybe even some termites, a couple of beetles or maggots or something on the end of it. But if you dig in that deep core of it, there is some good firewood, real good firewood and I think that's what we are making of ourselves, something good is coming out of it. We may be shaken down on the outside, but I think we really got something good in it, it comes from these losses, I know that for a fact.

I know there is still a chance we can still win, with a competition there are two sides and there are two sides to us and i think Koror knows that too, I don't think they underestimate us and we don't to them. I didn't from day 1 when we were supposed to have the best tribe from day 1 because I never underestimate any man or any woman.

Ibrehem knows Stephenie voted for him, and Stephenie told Ibrehem, she was like I voted for you because I told James I was and I told Bobby Jon after the tie that I was going to vote for James. And he said, hey I understand it, it's part of the game. And he did understand it. And I am sure he's got his eyes set out for her next time, or as I may for Ibrehem. Hopefully the time won't come, hopefully we'll keep winning or start winning.

That night we got back from Tribal and everything was fine, right when we got off the boat, I mean Stephenie went ahead and told him right then, hey I voted for you, there are no hard feelings and I am not going to start to be someone who starts to change my mind and change my word around. And in a way, when you first start this game, what you say does matter. At first when you start the game, switching your mind, you get voted out quick, but as the game goes on, you have to start bluffing out people , in some form or fashion. You may have to nod you way this way when you mean yes. The vibe was alright when we got back to camp.

The Worst That Could Happen

Stephenie (confessional): The best thing that could happen going into Tribal is if Ibrehem, unfortunately goes home, and Bobby Jon and I stay because I think that we are the two that deserve it the most on this tribe. I mean, although we may not be around for much longer, we certainly deserve it, as long as we can go. The worst thing that could happen, is if I go home and the two guys, Ibrehem and Bobby Jon stay. I just don't think, I think I deserve it more than both of them, let alone not be here at all, I am not ready to go home at all. I mean I am starving and I miss my family and you know, I'd love to bite into a big cheeseburger or whatever, I am not done with this game, not even close.

Part of me is like, god, we have so much time, just sitting around here, and a part of me is like that I only have 3-4 hours left on this island ever, if I get voted out so I have to make the most of it for myself. So my plan is to go back and get Bobby Jon alone and talk to him. And if he doesn't give me a straight answer, I am going to make him and if he wants to vote for me, I am going to make him tell me, and tell me why. Hopefully, he will stick to his word because he said he is a man of his word, and I swore that I'd keep my word, and it's only fair. I know that he and Ibe are probably talking now, and Ibe probably is telling him that he thinks that we should stay and he thinks I should stay but I doubt Ibe would vote out Bobby Jon.

I thought about getting rid of Bobby Jon but Ibe is never going to go for it cause I really think he doesn't care if he stays around, he just seems really fine just leaving. I mean he has even said, that other people that have been on the show, and how long they have stayed, yea, he's like they have been on as long as we have, and they got out when they wanted and it was time for them to go. I don't know if that is what they wanted, the goal is a million bucks, not day 18, because it's almost half. I don't think he wants it as badly, so I don't think he would turn on Bobby Jon.

I mean there is nothing I could do, I mean even if I kept James around, Bobby Jon was willing to draw rocks. I am not going to put my butt on the line to keep an alliance, so I was the one that broke the tie but Bobby Jon was the one that discussed the alliance with me, so I trusted him. So I am nervous, I don't want to go home but I am willing to take the chance but I am not going to beg.

EDITED BY MODERATOR - SEE BELOW

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving. Please feel free to PM a moderator if you have anything you would like to post, and we can open it up again. 

Thanks 

Mod Team