Fringe

superstaaar

Has anyone been watching this show?? Any old X Files fans out there might really enjoy it. I wasn't going to watch this show but it is something my husband would like and since I hog the TV ALL the time I thought I would be nice and actually sit down with him for one show. Well, I must say, I really did enjoy it and it's a huge bonus that Joshua Jackson is in it (he's right up there with Jeff Probst on my hotness list)! I really like the role of this father in this show too...there is just something about this show that I really like...it comes on fairly late for us and yet it keeps me interested enough to stay up for it (that is big in my world...I like my sleep...lol)

I have been watching it. I haven't seen the last one but it is on my DVR. I can't decide if I am going to keep it on the list. It is interesting. On Tuesday I also DVR The Biggest Loser and DWTS results.

I am still on the fence. :animated_scratchchin:

It's beginning to grow on me. The first couple of episodes It was just eh. But the last two were much better. The show is a cross between X-files and Twilight Zone, with a dash of Alias mixed in! It definitely is nowhere near the caliber of LOST but it still is definitely worth watching. The actor who plays the mental patient dad/scientist is fantastic! He was in Lord of the Rings- he played that creepy, cowardly king (can't remember his name!).

Thank you kayo....my husband kept saying he recognized that guy from somewhere but he couldn't figure out where. Now I can tell him and make it look like I am so smart!! lol He is our favorite...what an excellent character!!

Yeah...on this night I have to suck it up and miss a show. I usually sacrifice DWTS results...lol! Then last night I had a major issue...way too many shows on and not enough time for me to watch. I ended up missing 2 shows...OMG...it was horrible. I need to buy myself a DVR...

Dr. Bishop is played by John Noble. To see his profile at IMDB, Click Here

I must say that I'm getting more involved with this show. I finally caught up with the epi's on my DVR, and I found myself getting really caught up in it!

I loved the X-Files prior to the last couple of years, and I can see some of the same elements included in this show! I love the interaction amongst the characters. The realtionship between Peter & Walter Bishop could certainly get interesting.

I was also somewhat smitten by Blair Brown as the CEO, Nina Sharp. Could be some great villain moments coming up there.

I'll keep watching!

Thanks for the link- Denethor...that was the part he played in Lord of the Rings!

• 2 weeks later...

This show is now a part of my must not miss list. I thought I would give up on it after the first episode but I love the cast (well most of them) and the whole "Twilight Zone meets Alias meets X-Files" feel to it that I've officially become a Fringe fan!

I totally agree...the more I watch it the more want!! It's so freaky deaky...I love it...

• 1 month later...

How's this for a top-secret Fringe twist: Olivia's got, like, the coolest sister ever!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that rising star Ari Graynor, who played Meadow's college roomie on The Sopranos and, more recently, won raves for her hilarious turn as Kat Dennings' boozy BFF in Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, has been tapped to play the younger sister of Anna Torv's Olivia.

Graynor will appear in a minimum of three episodes, the first of which airs in January. Per a Fringe insider, Graynor's character pays Olivia a surprise visit and ends up crashing at her place for a few weeks. "She's dealing with some man trouble back home," the insider explains. "But the exact nature of that trouble isn't clear."

'Lil sis also has a 'lil travel companion: a daughter.

• 4 months later...

I'm totally lovin' this show!!

And here's a spoiler as to who is signed up to play the mysterious Dr. William Bell, head of Massive Dynamic. Believe me, the casting dept should get an Emmy for this coup!

If you want to know, here you go!

Meet Dr. William Bell

I'm totally lovin' this show!!

And here's a spoiler as to who is signed up to play the mysterious Dr. William Bell, head of Massive Dynamic. Believe me, the casting dept should get an Emmy for this coup!

If you want to know, here you go!

Meet Dr. William Bell

I've been hooked on Fringe for quite some time now. I think it just keeps getting better and better. I love the characters, and I can't wait to meet Dr. Bell :animated_bouncy:

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot wait for the season finale on Monday! This show has become my 2nd favorite right now, after LOST. If John Noble doesn't get nominated for his performance on the show it'll be a travesty.

Where is the "observer" taking Walter anyway?? :animated_scratchchin:

I cannot wait for the season finale on Monday! This show has become my 2nd favorite right now, after LOST. If John Noble doesn't get nominated for his performance on the show it'll be a travesty.

Where is the "observer" taking Walter anyway?? :animated_scratchchin:

I'm also really intrigued with the whole "What did you do to me?" thing between Olivia and Walter. It was touching when Peter went to the bathroom and left Walter under the watchful eye of the waitress. He misses the whole Olivia thing and comes back to find Walter in tears. Great Show!

This seems like a pretty cool show. I watched one episode and was intrigued by it. I haven't fully grasped the concept of the show yet ... I need to go back and watch the beginning episodes.

Yeah, you definitely have to watch this show from the beginning to catch the ongoing plotline... it has definitely picked up steam from the season premiere!

I CANNOTwait for tonight's season finale!!

PERFECT season ender! Walter at PETER'S GRAVE :blink: and Olivia makes it into the parallel universe and meets Dr. Bell in the WORLD TRADE CENTER. Whoa.

• 3 months later...