Dancing With The Stars - Season 7

Slowpoke

I scrolled down and there was a General Discussion thread for Season 6 ....

Could we have one for Season 7 ?

This is the 2nd week... and we've had the 3rd dance.

I just wanted to mention that the clips we saw during their practices showed them working on

the HIP action for the Rumba ....

Some of them seemed to really have it 'going on' during practice .... WHAT HAPPENED ????

• 3 weeks later...

I have been such a huge fan of DWTS since it started but this season I watched the first two weeks and that is it. I can't even say that this show conflicts with another one I watch...I just can't bring myself to sit down in front of the TV to watch it. It could be Cloris or Susan or a few others...I am not too sure but even Warren Sap (who I totally heart) isn't able to bring me back to the show.

I do pop in here to see what is going on and who has left but I am not sure what happened to my love affair with DWTS...

I thought Monday's episode was a little disappointing. Or, I felt like I just wasn't getting it. I didn't understand the high praise for some of the dances. I really didn't like Susan's, but she got such great remarks. And usually I don't notice a lot of the mistakes, but I even noticed Cody and Julianne stumbling around. I can't believe that's not a big deal.

I felt like I was missing something because I didn't understand some of the praise on dances that I thought looked a little awkward and stiff. And yes, Cloris was a huge improvement, and I was glad to see it. But frankly, I don't need to see it again.

I still cannot stand Lacey. I don't understand why she's on the show. Of all the dancers on SYTYCD, why her? I would think they could have found someone better.

So with the judges inconsistent judging and scoring, and the fact that I have to watch Lacey, and the fact that Cloris will be back when I really don't think she has much else to offer, really makes this show easy to miss.

Agree... this 'go round' has been kinda blah.

Only ONE 10 ??? so far ?

Right about now is when we all pick the 2 or 3 that'll battle it out...

but, don't think there's going to be much of a battle at the end this time.

I still like to watch tho.......

Anyone have any opinions about the NEW dances they performed last nite ?

Seemed a lot looser than the more technical dances we're used to seeing.

Don't know how I felt about it.... fun tho.

I too have been a die hard fan since day one but having a very hard time sticking with this season. Cloris is such a turn off, as is Lacey. Most of the others just don't have that spark that others in seasons past have had. On top of that, the pros I like are dropping like flies. As hard as it is to say, I even hated seeing Karina leave. It seems to me they are trying to change the focus of the show, trying to appeal to a demographic that doesn't include me. It's like trying to fix something that wasn't broken. At this point I feel like I'm watching more out of obligation than pleasure.

I'm hoping it's just that the dancing potential didn't turn out like they had hoped it would.

Let's hope Season 8 has a lot more ooommppfffff.

Yep... kinda BLAH compared to past years.

and - - any comments on that 'Special' dance segment that they spent sooo much time and money on ????

I know the pros have certain specialties, but I've never heard of them being truly unfamiliar with a certain style of dance. So that must mean these aren't really traditional ballroom dances?

I'm not sure why they added them, unless they are trying to give some life to this rather blah season. But, I imagine this was planned well before the season started, and partially why Lacey was brought in.

There are some dancers and pros I did not like, and some I am so bored with. Even the ones I 'like', I'm not that crazy about. I like Warren, but he's no Emmitt. Brooke is good, but that partnership doesn't wind my watch. I don't mind Cody, probably because I like Julianne. He is fine, but I have no idea who he is, or what he's a star for, and also a little too young to be getting to excited about.

Cloris is ... well, I don't know.. I appreciate her efforts at actual dancing, and I didn't think she did half bad. But I just can't get that crap walk floor humping thing out of my head from a few weeks ago. And while she has loads of personality, her dancing can't be compared to the others.

I hate Lacey, hated Kim, but miss Rocco.

I wish Toni and stayed and that yawn with big hair Susan leave. Nothing against her, but her dance routines are just a bore. And she looks like she going to break, or at least topple over because her head and hair are too big for her body. Toni's was pretty dull this week too, but she's had better.

So instead of hating to see any of them go, I'm sitting here wishing we could weed these guys out faster.

I thought the Macy's thing was way over-hyped. It was ok -- but whoop-de-do, ya know.

I actually liked bringing in new dances. West Coast Swing, when done by professionals, is a great dance to watch. So is Jitterbug and the Hustle. I much prefer watching these than the Waltz or the Foxtrot. I guess I'm just trying to say that adding to the dance roster is a good thing.

My problem is with some of the music they play for the dances. Having the music fit the style of dance would do wonders for me, personally, to enjoy watching a little more. Dancing West Coast Swing to a Michael Jackson song, or doing a tango to Rianna's Disturbia takes a lot away from the dance. On the other hand, when the music is perfectly matched, the dance becomes better in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, no commentary from UVP tonight? What the heck? Anyway, I thought Lance and Lacy deserved the top spot tonight. I have not been fans of theirs, but they were by FAR the best. But, my fave of those left is still the big man, Warren. I hope he survives this week. I think he will be big fun to watch in the freestyle!

sorry i was on jokers commenting

it seem no one here is really on while the show is on

Lance and Lacey were the most prepared tonight. They did well, but they are who I want to see go home. I'm sure they won't though.

I like Warren a lot, but while he may move well for such a big man and is very entertaining to watch, he is definitely not the best dancer.

I like Cody, and appreciate his efforts. He also though, is clearly not the best dancer.

Brooke ought to win. Yes, she had a bad dance, but she should be forgiven for that. I don't think she's really as amazing as they sometimes say, but she is really good, and probably the most natural looking out there on the floor.

There were a lot of lukewarm performers this season. And no one really has that combo of amazing dancing and personality. Lance may think he does, but he bugs me to death. It was sweet to see his grandpa there though. He and Lacey bug me less than they used to, but I still can't root for them to win.

Warren teaching Len some of his moves was great! I love Mr. Grumpy Pants -- he is my favorite judge. Bruno is too over the top, and Carrie Ann is either too gushy, or to nit picky.

Yeah, me too. I really hope Lacey isn't back though, (fat chance). Several other names from SYTYCD have been suggested as being good pros for Dancing with the Stars. But I don't know--- I like DWTS to be more about the stars. I have my favorite pros too, and those that I don't like, but I like my opinions to be based on this show, not carry over from the other one.