Episode 5.04: The Little Prince

Dade

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.04: Title Unknown

Airdate: Winter 2009

• 09/28 - Dr. Evelyn Ariza: 30s-40s, any ethnicity. Chief of staff at a hospital. She's attractive with a great bed-side manner but tough and carries her authority well. Not afraid to make difficult decisions. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.04: Title Unknown

Airdate: Winter 2009

• 10/02 - Sawyer, Juliet, Daniel, Miles, Charlotte, and ***** will learn Jin's fate at the precise moment we do: in episode 4. In other news, ask yourself this question: Why was Jorge Garcia shooting a scene in jail last week? Source: The Ausiello Files
  • 09/30 - They're going to make us sweat out the fate of Jin. We won't see him at all for the first three episodes, and it's not until episodes four and five that we'll really understand what happened to him when the freighter exploded. [...] I'm now hearing from sources that Jin will be found Leo DiCaprio-in-Titanic style, floating on a door. Alive or dead? Source: Kristin on E!Online

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.04: The Little Prince

Airdate: February 4, 2009

• 12/04 - A call sheet for episode 5.04, "The Little Prince," offers us some information about the episode. Here are a few tidbits from the call sheet: Charlotte will have a bloody nose and be passed out for a while. Faraday is by her side. It seems Miles and Juliet also have nosebleeds. The camp has been raided. Locke wants to return to the Orchid station. Sayid is attacked. Later, he reluctantly joins Ben to extract Hurley. Jack resigns from his job at the hospital. Eventually, Jack, Kate, Sayid, Ben and Sun are reunited. Jin's not dead. Ethan appears in a flashback. Source: TV Squad

• 1 month later...

Official Press Release from ABC:

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm- interesting episode. I think I'm going to have to watch it again.

General thoughts:

Why are some getting nosebleeds and not others? Radiation saturation is I think what Daniel was alluding to- length of time on the island. If that is the case, then Charlotte has been there the longest (who are her parents? :animated_scratchchin: ). Miles is next, which continues to substantiate the theory that Dr. Chang/Halliwax/Candle is his father...he just doesn't remember living there! Juliet was next as she has been there longer than Sawyer or Locke. So now we wait to see if Sawyer or any of the 815ers that are left start getting nosebleeds. I guess this also means that Charlotte will be the first one to go - if they don't get help from the Oceanic Six pronto. That doesn't bother to much at all, actually. Just as long as they don't make it to Juliet...

The reveal of Jin- very predictable but still totally cool! Just when he started learning English, he gets stuck with Rousseau's French group. :giggle: The younger Rousseau doesn't look ANYTHING like the older Danielle at all. I'm just hoping Jin sticks in this time frame long enough so we can see what happens to her group! Does this mean that the rest of the 815ers are in this time frame now too? Instead of a nose bleed I think I'm starting to get a brain bleed from trying to follow all the time-jumping!

Everyone who had a very strong hunch that Ben was the culprit behind sicking the lawyer on Kate raise your hand... :animated_wave: Yep, that's what I thought. Also predictable. It was a nice little twist to bring Claire's mom into it for a sec, if only to confuse us as much as Jack. When Jack was talking to her, the whole time I wanted to yell, "shut up, Jack, shut up! She doesn't know anything. Get your foot our of your mouth and hightail it out of there!" I'm still not sure how he explained his way out of the situation- wish they'd have showed that to us!

Who were those people chasing Sawyer and Co. in the canoes, and what time frame are we talking about here? It had the big Ajira Airways reveal which would lead one to believe that they are from the present or future, and yet the canoes looked so old. :animated_scratchchin: Also, wouldn't this have been the same time frame as Jin would be in, which would mean it's the same timeframe as Rousseau's team? Ahhh! I definitely have to watch it again...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW RECAPS

Lost Episode Recap: "The Little Prince"

Feb 4, 2009 09:04 PM ET by Mickey O'Connor

Namaste! Wednesday's episode of Lost, titled "The Little Prince," proved to be a doozy in terms of at least one character's presumed fate! We learned how Kate became Aaron's mommy, how Ben's sinister (?) hand appears to be behind everything, why everyone's noses are bleeding and who might not be so dead after all.

Wikipedia tells me that the French novel from which this episode takes its name is about a prince who is stranded in a desert, but eventually visits six planets, each inhabited by a different single character. See if any of these characterizations sound familiar: The King; The Conceited Man; The Drunkard/Tippler; The Businessman; The Lamplighter; and The Geographer. I'm not sure how any of this dovetails with the Lost funhouse just yet, but, as usual, I am in awe of the producers' level of detail, and I am paying close attention.

Let's assume, for the moment, that the Little Prince in question is Aaron. Wednesday's episode was, in part, the story of how Aaron was separated from Claire, his birth mother, and became Kate's "son." He also became a pawn in Ben's gambit to get the Oceanic 6 to agree to return to the island.

LIES LIES LIES YEAH! First up, we see Kate and Jack having a tender moment on Penny's boat. It's then that we discover that it was Kate's idea to pass Aaron off as her own. This plan is A-OK with Jack, since he tells Kate that tomorrow he's going to have to convince the others to lie about their sitch to protect those left behind. Predictably, Kate, ever the fugitive, jumps on board Operation Pants on Fire, telling Jack, "I have always been with you." Let the umpteenth skirmish between the Skaters and Jaters commence, as we all try to figure out exactly what that sentence means in the grand scheme of things.

(I should probably mention that this isn't a rigorously chronological recap. You'll see why below, and hopefully be OK with it.)

MR. SO-CALLED LAWYER Three years later in Lost Angeles, Kate leaves Aaron with Sun while she goes off to meet with that guy from My So-Called Life about his court order for blood samples. The increasingly devious Sun takes a break from her babysitting duties to receive a package that contains a file containing photographs of Ben and Jack and a box of delicious chocolates, whose false bottom reveals one hell of a pistol.

Kate makes the attorney an offer: She'll give him the blood samples if she can speak to his client. This is of course a no-go. "It's time to prepare yourself; you are going to lose the boy," he hisses. Kate, ever the tracker, decides to tail the attorney to see if she can smoke out the identity of his client.

It's at this point that a freshly shorn Jack shows up, and joins her on the stakeout. They discover that

During this episode, did you happen to notice what was written on carpet cleaners van that Ben was in (and which held Locke's casket, I believe)? :animated_scratchchin:

This is at least the 2nd time the producers/writers have thrown in a juicy anagram. The Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral home where Locke's casket was was the first one that I know of.

Hoffs-Drawlar = flash forward

anagramab6.jpg

photo source: ABC and getlostpodcast.com