The Mentalist

Moxie

I got to watch it and I liked it. It was fast-paced and I like shows like that. It sounds like Red John is going to be a topic in each show considering he/she killed his family. It's also not bad having such nice eye candy to watch week after week. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Like Patrick Jane in The Mentalist, CBS notices the little things...such as Nielsen ratings that scream out "surefire hit." The network has asked for six more scripts of its shiny new series The Mentalist, according to EW.com, a move that usually precedes a full-season pickup.

As is the case with most new shows, The Mentalist is basically on trial through the end of the year; CBS asks for only 13 episodes initially, and if things go well, it will ask for nine more for a total of 22. So far, things have gone very well for The Mentalist, which has averaged a whopping 15.4 million viewers in its first two episodes.

The Mentalist stars Simon Baker as Patrick Jane, a consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation. Jane has a unique ability of hyperperception (I think I made that phrase up)--in other words, he can see things that most people wouldn't and then logically deduce unseen details. Also starring are Robin Tunney as Jane's acting superior and Owain Yeoman and Tim Kang as members of Jane's team.

CBS has not yet ordered a full season of The Mentalist, but with the show's numbers way up and more scripts ordered, it's almost a lock to stick around through next year. This is good news for the charming Aussie Baker, who has had limited success on television as the lead in The Guardian and the short-lived Smith, both of which aired on CBS.

The Mentalist airs Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. after NCIS. (However, it will not air this week and will return for episode three next Tuesday; if the numbers are still good for the show, expect a full-season order the following day.)

So far, only The CW's 90210 and Fox's Fringe have received full-season orders in this young television season.

Source: TV.com

I have mixed review on this show. Absolutely love Simon's character, Patrick... and he's hot too. ;) But, I'm tired of the cookie-cutter series where there's sexual tension between it's two main characters.

I love Simon Baker!!!! So far I like this show......but I'd watch it even if it sucked just to see Simon! :wub: LOL!

:pixiedust:

i've finally caught up on the two episodes. i like the show. i'll keep watching it. i hope they go more into the Red John character........seems to be the center of who/what Patrick James is.

CBS has given a full-season order to its hot-shot frosh drama "The Mentalist," starring Simon Baker.

post-2-1224172172_thumb.jpg

Warner Bros. TV-produced drama skein has performed well for the Eye in its Tuesday 9 p.m. slot. This week's seg averaged 14.9 million viewers and 3.4 rating/8 share in adults 18-49, according to prelim Nielsens.

"Mentalist" is the first of CBS' frosh series to earn a back-nine episode order.

Source: Variety.com

• 4 weeks later...

I like the show but I hate the time slot, which means I miss about half of every episode.

The background characters are more interesting than the other similar shows.

• 1 month later...

no one is really discussing shows right now for some reason.

but i love this show too!! simon baker rocks. i really liked last week's episode about red john. i think they need to go into that story a lot more than they do now. i don't think i'll get my wish though.....they're gonna use red john as a tease to keep people interested.

yeah, no tension between the two. don't you find him similar to.. well, sherlock holmes?

using deduction to solve stuff and crimes. that character is supposedly cold and calculating, but at sometimes, shows

emotion and feelings.

i think for simon baker's character to have relied so much on observation, it's to his best interest

to hide his feelings as best as he can.

love the show. :D

no one is really discussing shows right now for some reason.

but i love this show too!! simon baker rocks. i really liked last week's episode about red john. i think they need to go into that story a lot more than they do now. i don't think i'll get my wish though.....they're gonna use red john as a tease to keep people interested.

yeah, i know what you mean. but i think the main problem in the show is patrick jane and him finding the serial killer, red john.

so, if he finally finds him, what next?

it's too early to end this great series. :D