Cash Cab - Discovery Channel

TV_Paige

top_banner_cashcab.jpg

'Cash Cab'

cash_bio.jpg

Host/Cabbie Ben Bailey

Unassuming people enter the "Cash Cab" as simple passengers taking a normal taxi ride, only to be shocked when they discover that they're instant contestants on Discovery Channel's innovative new game show! Ben Bailey, the host and driver of "Cash Cab," then offers them the following proposition:

The "Cash Cab" will drive you all the way to your destination and ask you general knowledge questions along the way. The questions start out on the easy side, then get harder along the way

• 2 years later...

Hey... has anyone been watching Cash Cab ?

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/cashcab/cashcab.html

A few people mentioned it this past week. Thought I'd check it out.

It's not on during Prime Time... but, it's on a few times each week - with repeats.

Looks like it moves pretty quick. Not a lot of that build up that wastes sooo much time.

Finally caught this last nite (lol... looks like it's on 10 AM and then 6 PM almost everyday)

NOT BAD ... moves very fast - and the guy that asks the questions does a really great job.

I'll be turning it on from time to time for sure :2thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't need a street shout out to answer the question..."Do I love Cash Cab".

It is the best game show on TV. I love when people 1st discover they are in the cash cab...some in fear, some in confusion, some in joy.

It is the ultimate cab ride.

I am so glad to see a thread on this show! My wife is absolutely addicted to it. It's on Discovery Channel here every weekday at 6:00PM for an hour. Ben Bailey is the host and does a wonderful job. We always laugh at the way he's kinda hunkerd down in the seat and masking his voice when the people first get in!

Here's a 7 minute video (one of many) from YouTube to give you a taste of the show!

"Cash Cab Video on YouTube"

Here's a link to the show's homepage on Discovery Channel. "Cash Cab: Discovery Channel"

If you've not seen the show before, give it a try. The TV schedule is up on the site! :)

I like that when you remember it's on... you can pop in and NOT be in the middle of 16 Build-up Questions -

they just get right to it.... refreshing.

Short, funny, interesting ... and best of all catches people unprepared and being NATURAL ... :2thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Slowpoke: I think you captured it for me...it catches people unexpectedly and they are being natural. It all happens quickly, everyone is playing together instead of against each other. There is not a lot of greed and it is just so refreshing to see people getting really excited over answering a $25 question correctly.

It is so different than most any game or reality show on TV. People's joy and excitement builds as they get more questions right and the worst thing that will happen is that they will have to find another cab (and I think even the producers would never allow someone to be left on a dark dangerous corner in the middle of the night).

Plus the Ben Bailey as host is funny and seems to interact with the players as skillfully as Jeff Probst does on Survivor.

I think I have more LOL moments on this show than any other - and for me being able to laugh is one of the few root causes to happiness.

• 1 month later...

Archived