Memphis - Week 11 - Runner Up!

CeCiMom

I honestly don't think Renny would ever have given Memphis a vote...except for maybe against Jerry...but doubt it though. Keesha's vote could very easily have gone to Dan even if Memphis voted to keep her...she had gotten very close to Dan near the end.

Memphis didn't lose me with that decision to evict Keesha though...I think it was the best move for him. Jerry was his (Memphis) insurance that Dan would take him to F2 if Dan won F3 hoh...but if Jerry won F3 hoh...Jerry would have taken Memphis to the end too. Memphis was pretty much guaranteed F2 with either of them...but probably not if Keesha had stayed and gotten F3 hoh.

And besides....Keesha got what she deserved. She turned on her other alliances...got Angie evicted...basically sold out Renny to be with D & M. I'm glad he gave her a dose of her own medicine. I only wish she was sent packing much sooner...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Memphis and Dan both and I think Memphis' plan went just the way he wanted it to ... and would have worked had Dan not been in the house. Last night during the HoH comp I watched Memphis' face when the question about "who flew under the radar" came up. You could tell that he was proud of "flying under the radar" by the look on his face when he answered himself, then was correct!! :) Dr. Will didn't win any HoH's either and the plan worked for him ... It would have worked for Memphis too, except he was competing against Dan who had a similar strategy for the first half, then put on his game face for the second half.

I read something on feeds last night that I found very telling about Memphis. After Dan and Memphis did their happy dance and were talking, Dan mentioned, "I couldn't have done this without my mom who's been paying off my student loans while I was in BB house. Thanks, Mom!" I got the distinct Memphis should have said,..."who been paying my student loans off period." How much would a student loan be, at least $100,000. I didn't realize a B.A. of Mixology was so expensive!

Re: Renegades, well, to quote Barry O'Bama himself,

Well, this is just SILLY SEASON!!!

IMO...........Memphis was the luckiest "dude" n BB history.............because Dan became infatuated with him.

Right you are, IVgal! OK, Dan was HOH twice right? I wonder if Memphis and Dan snuck into that "secret space" in HOH BR that the camera couldn't go, you know where Dustin used to "relieve his needs" in BB8? Dan was first fixated on Brian, then gradually drifted onto Memphis. I just hope for Monica's sake, Dan doesn't wake up after they are married and decide he likes guys physically better than girls. Hopefully, that won't happen. Years ago when no one ever discussed "gay people" many guys did that and found out have having a family. I guess it still happens, but with all the hoopla and publicity, I hope innocent women and children are spared this.

Oh, and Memphis could care two figs for Memphis...If Memphis gets big bucks, Dan will never see Memphis again. If Dan gets big money, Memphis will be hanging around like Dan owes him something.

Also, I did check the prices of camaro's and, if fixed up and completely restored run anywhere from $25 to $75 thousand. Since this one is only a shell of a car, it is probably worth between $5 to $15 thousand, which sounds about right. Most of the Luxury Comps never give more than $5, $10 or $20 thousand tops. So if Memphis can build an engine, completely redo the interior (would seat belts be required?) he might just break even! Who in their right mind would pay big bucks for this shell of a car because it was on BB? EBay top price would go to what $500? After Memphis goes through that $50,000, we may read of his Camaro being on EBay. I'll bid one cents!

i think dan will win and should win but let me help memphis case out

he did save dan with the veto

he was the one that help covered for dan after jessie eviction knowing that dan was completely faking

his social game outside of the keesha eviction was better then dan towards the end

he always made his self good with every alliance throughout the game by buddying up with the strong woman of each side eg. michelle and keesha

he like ryan had alliance with everyone towards the end and multiple options

dan only option in the last few weeks was to win comps or go home

for memphis losing bb it comes down to one thing lack of HOH

him just winning pov doesnt cut it

him winning just pov shows he didnt play bb proactively but reactive

reactive in the sense he never control or dictated who went or stayed except the renny eviction

dr. will never won hoh but him coning the hg to keep him in the game in a sense he did control who left

jmho

I would give Memphis the money just because...................... Memphis is what he is..........good, bad or indifferent, he wanted to win the $$$$$$$$$$..............he went in to win.............and never strayed.

the major difference to me between the two were boogie and will never had side deals which they wouldnt take the other

if they had deals it was to keep the team strong eg.janelle and ericka

memphis had side deals through out and only really settled on dan after dan pov stunt

because he thinks he can beat dan easily

jmho

Only difference between the renegades and chilltown is that the renegades actually made it to the final two...

In thier first season one of chilltown won... On all stars the other one won... Good luck with that renegades..

Imo, it's a huge difference that the Renegades both win, same season. It's never been done before. Dr. Will won S2 and carried Boogie through S7. Besides the fact that Boogie wouldn't have been on S7 without Dr. Will blackmailing BB, imo.

Although the NH made it to the F2... that was a group of 5, big difference, imo.

Not only did Dan make it to the F2 with a target on his back since Week 1. He took most of the responsibility getting the Renegades to the end. However, Memphis played a brilliant game also, just a less risky style, ala Adam. They both made excellent decisions along the way, played them out perfectly (even with Dan's bad acting :lol: ) and even though I disagreed with them getting rid of Keesha before Jerry. Not only did it turn out good for them... it made me realize that being in the house is different than watching... they knew Jerry had no more wind in his sail and they would breeze through the final HoH. Like I said, every decision was spot on... imo.

RENEGADES ROCK!!! :D

best alliances is subjective

and most will pick based on their favs

dan and memphis never became an alliance until jessie was out

and even then memphis had an alliance with keesha and michelle just as strong

and went in and out of various alliances until till the end

so imho i dont even consider them a true alliance because memphis was always double dipping with everyone

a true alliance remain loyal to the core

these are the bb true alliances

danielle and jason, twins, drew and cowboy, dick and danielle, three stoogies, nerd herd

but the longest alliance from day 1 to the end which there is no debate is cowboy and drew and ed and daniele

the renegade alliance is more comparable to adam and ryan

ryan having multiples side deals till the end

jmho

I agree, saying someone is "the best" is subjective as it's an opinion. But, imo... they are. :D

I don't think Memphis's unspoken "agreement" with Keesha was anywhere near the commitment that he had with Dan. And, his alliance with Michelle, Angie, Jessie was gone as soon as Angie left. I felt Memphis did the best thing he could do... get some back up and protection for his game if/when Dan was booted. Smart play in my book.

I felt they were a "true" alliance. Not only did they name themselves, they also made decisions together as an alliance. Granted both started out in larger groups but, they remained loyal to each other since week 3 when Jessie was voted out. Everyone else that was loyal to each other A/O and R/K never wanted to formally commit to each other because A knew she'd screw O over in a heartbeat and K would have done the same to R. I think there was potential for some of the early evictee's to have loyal alliances but, they left too soon (aka Jess/Mich, Brian/Dan, Brian/Ang)

I agree with both of your previous posts CeciMom! Well said.

Renegades rocked this season! Dan and Memphis... proved to be a strong and solid alliance...they deserve the win. Both are awesome BB players and delivered a very good BB season.

What impressed me was that even though everyone deep down knew Dan and Memphis were together...they still managed to fool them into thinking that they weren't. They often played like individuals...on the surface. Dan putting Memphis up for eviction 2x...risky for both of them...but with the risk comes the reward.

I was thinking that Memphis and Dan have everything on the table. Memphis knows about Dan taking Michelle to Catalina and the comps he threw. Everything is on the table and this morning here are these guys talking with no anger and total friendship. I have to give Memphis a lot of credit for not being a poor sport about the luxury comp and things Dan has done to try to win the money. Sounds like in the roundtable that Jerry sounded mad at Memphis for trying to get his gold bars. Dan sort of egged Memphis to do that.

That is what I love about these guys. It is all about the game and they never expected anything else from each other. They don't take anything personal.

Memphis said he had trouble sleeping last night thinking about Jerry's vote. He said that he doesn't care about anything else but he hurt Keesha and gave Jerry a chance and if he doesn't have his vote he will be so pissed.

Love the Renegades!

I like Dan more than Memphis. Dan deserves to win. I noticed on feed updates Memphis kept trying to sell Dan on investing in "Renegades" but Mem and Ashley can't set up a computer site. Dan said, "You can go to CPUcoaches.com and it's only $4. (Meaning: Dan saying to Memphis: I'm not putting up your fuckin' web page for you, DUDE ...) Memphis kept pitching his sale to Dan: "Oh, Ashley and I will do all the work on the site, you just have to set it up...(Implied meaning...and invest your money.) Later on Memphis tells Dan, "Dude, If I win $50,000 I'm putting up $25,000 into this 'company')....Dan "UmmmHmm," (reminiscent of Jameka aka Michelle Obama!) So does Memphis think Dan if big winner will put $250,000 up in 'Renegades'?

Later said, "I'm sick of working for other people, dude." Memphis...the biggest BB conartist since Crazy James.

Archived