Elliot Yamin

Danjeli

• 1 month later...

i see him on many shows

he is having the best career of an idol third place or higher

jmho

I would dispute that - Carrie Underwood is very successful - has won lots of awards, had several #1's, very famous in her genre. Also, don't forget Daughtry, even though he finished lower than 3rd, he is much more successful than Yamin. Not to take anything away from him - he's okay, just isn't one of my faves from Idol.

third place and higher meaning not contestant who finish 1 or 2 but those who finish >3 meaning 4, 5, 6, ...........

both carrie, chris are having 10x success as elliot

jmho

it was my fault

i do see how it could be interpreted either way

chris is in a league all by himself

that just goes to show you sometimes its better not to win

jmho

Thanks UVP for giving me something to think. I think there have been several Top 12 (non 1&2) finishers that have done pretty well or made a name for themself as a result of American Idol.

One in particular: Academy Award Winner Jennifer Hudson. She came in 6th place in her season.

A couple others have seemed to made it in Country Music: Bucky Covington (S5 8th place) and Josh Gracin (S2 4th place).

Kimberley Locke (S2 thrid place) seems to be maintaining a singing career.

Kimberly Caldwell seems to have landed a Cable TV Hostess career for several reality "News" type shows.

And then there is my all time favorite - Frenchie Davis - who made it to F12 but got eliminated for a stupid reason (IMO). I actually went to see her in the stage version of Dreamgirls - long before Jennifer Hudson got the Movie part (as Effie). She also played on Broadway for quite a while in RENT and is now touring with Ruben Studdard for the 30 year anniversary of Aint Misbehavin.

On a sadder side: Jessica Sierra and Nikki McKibbin have and/or will be participants in Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab.

Califcyclone you got me i forgot all about jennifer hudson

yeah she did accomplish alot

Archived