Jerry - Week 9

CeCiMom

I liked Dan/Memphis/Keesha from the beginning because I thought them to be above the crowd and moved on to ultimately choose Memphis as my favorite. At this point, I have no favorite nor am I interested much in who wins.

I will say, however, that the CBS portrayal of the HG's on the televised shows do not always accurately portray life in the BB house as seen on late night viewing/feeds. That is JMO[/b

BB10 has surely been a predictable show. I think CBS needs to recognize and work on that.

I forgot to mention Jerry - since this is his discussion I should say something. I read his bio again and he certainly seems to have achieved in this life. I think he will regret some comments - as they all should, whether they do or not. None of them are above reproach in this regard.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my take on the whole Jerry situation (and I'm not discounting anyone else's opinions or points or points of view, just sharing my own):

The BB house is like any school, workplace or anywhere that the same group of people congregate for any length of time. People start to complain and gossip about the other people they have to be with day in and day out. It's a horrible cycle that once they fall into it and near to impossible to break. It's the nature of the game and since it's 3 'friends' against 1 'outsider' it's all focused on one person.

I think he deserves the snubbing he gets. He's self-centered and chauvinistic. We can blame any number of factors for it but we can't excuse his behavior because he is 75. His personality would have been the same at 25. You don't get brownie points for being a senior citizen. Seniors have all the same personality groups every other generation has. Some are kind and hard working. Some are miserable jerks. Age has nothing to do with it.

Watching him sitting there by himself might make you think "poor guy" but you have to remember that his actions led him to be sitting there all lonesome. The 3 even had a moment of pity for him last night , Dan couldn't leave him by himself and Keesha acknowledged how good his dinner was and Dan took him one of the Heineken beers and then Jerry had to be Jerry so they went back upstairs. The man did it to himself.

As for the actions of the others, they are doing exactly what the other crew would have done if the roles were reversed. There are no saints in the BB house.

And he is not, hot. Hot does not wear cut off t-shirts and ball caps day in and day out or have deplorable hygiene habits. No matter what age hot is.

now see Shipp, your statement above is sooo true, and I would have said it myself, and I cannot wait for survivor and Amazing race. and Elysium, You just do not evidently get what I am talking about so no worries. It is not about he said she said and who said it worse, GOD, It is what I think about Dan, Memphis, Jerry, Keesha and the whole bunch of them as human beings. I am sick and tired of tuning into people spewing hate and bashing others when there is absolutely no reason for it, it is a waste of energy, it is not pushing them forward in the game, and it does not make any of them look like nice people. This is not the BB I know and love and have watched since season 1, and this may be the last one for me, it depends on how unsick I can get of it when the so called mid season 11 starts, barf!!!!!!!

HOW many season's has Big Brother been on and both POSTERS and HOUSE GUESTS are shocked, surprised by, angered by, frustrated with....

no hand washing

ball tugging

lieing

backstabbing

backdooring

opinionated

disageeing

fighting

twists

annoying habits

horrid voices

bad personalities

over eating

boring

all offended

lazy & sloppy

bossy

never going to watch again

can't take it

narrow minded house guests AND posters?

FatCat - I know in my heart that you are absolutely right! However, everyone in the house is dying of sheer boredom! What we are hearing is no different than we hear anytime there is conflict between individules, religions or nations. We're good - they're bad. I don't personally think that this edition of BB is really any worse than any of the previous when it comes to the bashing!

I'll get so tired of the bashing sometimes that I just shut the feeds down and walk away! Yet, I come back for more of the show because I love it! It's a social experiment played out before us in all it's glory . . . . or perhaps it's inglorious.

It kind of reminds me of the experiments that Bill Murray was doing in Ghostbusters. Bogus, but fun to watch! :grin2:

I have never ever ever said I was not gonna watch again, but I swear if they do not give us a break till next summer I don't know,lol

Very true about all the above Wicked,lol

Yes Misha, I think you are right, and I aslo think in my older age I am less critical then I used to be, maybe I am wantin to make sure I get to the pearly gates, cause believe me I have some ammends to make,lolol big ones, I also think you are correct in sayin that this season asd last seems to be worse than in other seasons.

ZuZu, last night did you catch what Jerry said to Dan? My feeds froze up and all I saw was him go upstairs and tell Memphis he is done trying to be nice to him. I know Dan brought him a beer, they were complimenting him on his dinner, my feeds froze up and when I came back Jerry made some kind of comment about no one wanting their picture taken with Dan? But I missed the actual comment that was made. Anyone know what was said?

Elyisum, I ain't mad at anyone, just postin away that's all, it gets like this around here sometimes,lol, plus I will confess I am a little on edge cause I have a sick dog right now, just worried some, that's all :(

Thanks Marty!

Elysium - I missed any one particular comment but Jerry was just being Jerry and I think Dan just gave up trying to be nice. Maybe someone else caught the exact moment?

FatCat - I hope your dog gets well soon. It's tough when the poochies are ill!

well it s not life threatening, but worrisom, he has had a bad summer and he is 15 yrs old, has bad allergies and because he has been itching and shaking his head he now has an ear hematoma, which can be surgerized or not, I may choose not, but I have to keep a close eye on him right now, he is deaf and pretty blind, thanks you guys for your concern.

I have to wait to see tonight show cause of al the sports, I have to go make sure it will be on later,lol

The truth is that these people would never socialize with each other if they were in any other place.

Even at family outings, reunions, etc........... people gather into age groups.

I give K/D/M credit for every minute they spend with him.

Archived