Episode 3.04: I Am Become Death

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.04: The Year of Our Lord

Airdate: October 6, 2008

• 08/24 - According to sources, [Adam] will be back in episode four. Yes, someone will dig up Adam Monroe, and yes, he will be pissed. Source: Kristin on E!Online

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.04: I Am Become Death (fka "The Year of Our Lord")

Airdate: October 6, 2008

• 09/28 - Summary of spoilers found in an IGN interview with Milo Ventimiglia: It is a future episode. Future Peter faces off again Future Claire. The future plays more of a role this season more than the previous seasons. Future and Present Peter will meet each other. Future Peter is hanging out with "good" Future Sylar. We will see 5-7 years into the future, "where more people are flying". Arthur Petrelli is a complicated character and effects all the Heroes out his "need or want" to be the most powerful. Source: SpoilerTV
  • 09/16 - Seeing a future where nearly everyone has abilities, a world destined for destruction, Peter resolves to prevent this earth-shattering end -- whatever the cost -- and so takes on a dark, unwieldy ability to save the world -- gambling (wrong) that it won't destroy him and everything he loves first. After allowing Angela's half of "the formula" to be stolen, Hiro and Ando set out to uncover the identity of the Villain who hired Daphne (guest star Brea Grant) -- and must consult with the person who knows these rogues best.Adam Monroe (guest star David Anders). After the bloodbath at the bank, H.R.G. resolves to get rid of his new partner. Meanwhile, determined to be a hero, Claire (Hayden Panettiere) hits the road after one of the Villains from H.R.G.'s old files. Suresh gives in to impulse. Linderman (guest star Malcolm McDowell) and Molly (guest star Adair Tishler) return in unexpected manners. A new romance ignites between two Heroes. Ali Larter, Adrian Pasdar, Greg Grunberg, Zachary Quinto and Dania Ramirez star. Randall Bentley, Ashley Crow, Jessalyn Gilsig, Ronald Guttman, Jamie Hector, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Ntare Mwine and Thomas Robinson guest star. Source: NBC

I love the title of this episode- very intruiging. I wonder if it has something to do with the new power Peter takes on. It sounds like it'll be a very interesting episode indeed.

FYI: The title is likely a reference to the quotation Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer uttered after witnessing the first atomic explosion, "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds", a line from the Bhagavad Gita.

I'm not sure what to think of the direction this show is taking. I've been one of its biggest fans from day one but, I have to admit, I'm becoming concerned. Some of the plotlines are interesting and entertaining, while others are bordering on ridiculous. Actually, they may have too many plotlines, period. The Sylar and HRG hookup is brilliant, while the Maya and Mohinder union borders on laughable. I know others may feel totally diffently about this, and I actually do want to know what everyone's opinions are, but I have been a bit disappointed as a whole, so far.

The two biggest questions I came away with on this episode are: Who is the mother of Future Sylar/Gabriel's son and why did he name him Noah?? :animated_scratchchin: Any thoughts?

Who is the mother of Future Sylar/Gabriel's son and why did he name him Noah??

Well Kayo - you got me!!!! I've been trying to figure it out as well. Regarding the son, it might not be part of the story since that was in "the future" and might never happen if Peter makes changes today! So for the sake of story, they didn't mention it! Now I did find it very interesting that Sylar was now living in the Bennett home, and that when Claire showed up, she made a remark to Sylar about - "You've taken everything else from me"! So! Did that mean she was the mom and Sylar was keeping her away? Was that fact, and the fact that Sylar had been working with Noah in the present contributing factors? I don't know!

I think they've got too many story lines going on at the same time, and it's resulted in too many loose ends. I just pray it doesn't all unravel! I still love this show, but I could so live without Matt in Africa, Mohinder "doing" Maya, jumping back and forth between the future and today, and, Hiro acting like a total moron! During season 1, future Hiro was a pretty kick-butt kinda guy!

But, I'll keep hanging in there as it's still one of the only scripted shows, other than House, that I anxiously await every week! :food-smiley-005:

I think they've got too many story lines going on at the same time, and it's resulted in too many loose ends. I just pray it doesn't all unravel! I still love this show, but I could so live without Matt in Africa, Mohinder "doing" Maya, jumping back and forth between the future and today, and, Hiro acting like a total moron! During season 1, future Hiro was a pretty kick-butt kinda guy!

lol, I agree! I LOVED Future Hiro in action too. I have to admit that I like present, funny Hiro too- I'm just not crazy about the whole Hiro and Ando being mad at each other thing. I like it much better when they're playing off each other- kind of Laurel and Hardyish.

I had also wondered for a second about Claire actually being the mother of Noah- but it just doesn't make any sense because she loathes him so much. But it is very weird that the son's name was Noah and he was in the Bennet home. Very weird, indeed. I also am hoping that Matt ditches the turtle and comes up with a faster spirit guide...oh, say a cheetah, maybe? That way he can hightail it out of Africa and get on with the show!

Wow, I am so glad I was not the only one who was thrown for a loop the last few shows. Whew!!!

I have to stop and rewind several times an episode. So, can you all tell me if the fast girl has been on past shows or is she new? Is she the new super hero that we were supposed to pick?

Can you tell I am a bit confused?

:animated_scratchchin:

Can you tell I am a bit confused?

Well come on in and join the club :animated_bouncy:

Daphne, the fast one, is a new character this season! She showed up in the first epi stealing Hiro's half of "The Formula"! She then showed up as, I'm not sure what, in the last epi as future Matt's wife! Crazy! She's still not showing up on the cast credits as a regular, so I'm thinking she's only going to be around for a few epi's!

The viewer designed "Hero" is still to come, but, from what they announced that it was going to be, I lost interest!

So I'm going to hang in there and hope that this convoluted crap ends soon and we can get back to cheering on the heroes and cringing over the bad guys! Hope it's soon! :)

The viewer designed "Hero" is still to come, but, from what they announced that it was going to be, I lost interest!

I believe the hero we were to pick from was for an ongoing online "Hero" comic. There were two choices - one female, one male. I can't remember their names or their powers and I, like you, don't really care. Let's spend the effort on the show, producers and writers!

Archived