Episode 5.03: Jughead

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.03: Title Unknown

Airdate: Winter 2009

• 08/24 - Sophie: British and in her late teens. Is a seemingly innocent, prim and proper aristocrat but in actuality she hides a toughness and ingenuity underneath. Must have English accent. Nice co-star. Will appear in episode 503. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.03: Title Unknown

Airdate: Winter 2009

• 09/18 - When action was called, Henry Ian Cusick raced into the heart of the bustling marketplace. Desmond was out of breath, sweaty, wearing an unbuttoned maroon paisley shirt rolled up to his elbows, light khaki pants, and blue canvas shoes. He was clutching a piece of paper, reading it, then scanning the crowd frantically. He called out a name, over and over, stopping and saying it to perplexed faces. He was looking for someone, but losing hope. Try as I might, I couldn't make out the first name. Althea? Theone? Was it a man, a woman, a child? From context, I'd guess it was a male name. But the last name was clear as day: Salonga. Source: The Transmission
  • 09/18 - In Kaimuki, they were filming at the corner of 9th and Waialae Avenue . It is an accident scene where Hurley (stunt double was driving) speeds down the street and knocks over some boxes on the sidewalk before driving off. He's being chased by someone you'll never guess... Ana-Lucia in a police car. She was in the car the whole time, so I couldn't 100% confirm it was her but I'm pretty sure. I just don't want to speculate and be wrong. She had HUGE glasses on. I'm guessing flashback or hallucination. I should add that the stunt guy was wearing hospital type garb, so that's why I think it is in the present. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 09/17 - Solanga: Male, 50s, Filipino. The village doctor in a small, rural community. Has his vices but also genuine medical skills. Speaks relatively good English with an accent. Janitor: Male, late 40s or 50s, must have a British working class accent. Nosy, opinionated, resident rumor monger of a school. Knows everyone's business and can't keep a secret to save his life. Abigail : Female, 30s, British; working class. Stoic - but deeply wounded. Has a way with bitter sarcasm, though she's a loyal caregiver at heart. Theresa: Female, 30s, British, blonde. Pretty suffers from dementia but also has short periods of complete lucidity. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog

• 3 months later...

Spoilers for Episode 3 from Michael Ausiello at Entertainment Weekly:

1. At the end of the episode, a significant character dies. I think.

2. Someone says, "You're in my life now -- you and Charlie.

3. Cuse confirms that "you'll definitely see Jin this season... He's a series regular."

4. A male character makes this shocking declaration: "Because I am in love with the woman sitting next to me

5. A male character poses this question to another male character: "I assume you've come back for the bomb.

6. We will be seeing a "lot more" of Nestor Carbonell and has been signed up for Season 6 as well.

7. Someone gives birth in the opening minutes!

Added Spoilers from Kristen at EOnline:

* This episode is an Oceanic Six-free zone. There are no appearances by Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun or Aaron.

* The title of the episode ("Jughead") refers to a thing not a person.

* One Islander declares his love and the object of his affection seems surprisingly elated about the announcement.

* Charles "Big Bad" Widmore pops up three times in the episode and each appearance is more surprising that the last.

* Is Desmond your hero? If yes, you will be greatly pleased with this outing of the show, in which he totally kicks ass and takes names, even while he largely fails to achieve his declared goals.

* At least two new foreign languages are used in this episode, which means more subtitle funtimes. Apologies in advance to all the dyslexics out there.

* The following is not a line from the episode, but it could be: "Did you come back for your bong?"

I don't have any spoilers about this but my first guess is Daniel about Charlotte. They say that the Oceanic Six aren't in this episode and its supposed to be a "shocking" declaration so it wouldn't be Desmond about Penny. The only other possibilities I can think of is Sawyer about someone (Juliet?...naw seems too obvious) or possibly Richard Alpert making the declaration about someone unknown? Or MAYBE it will be Ben in the past about Annie? :animated_scratchchin:

Hmm, just found more spoiler info that gives us more to go on:

According to DarkUFO's source:

As you may or may not know, ABC screened Episode 5.03 - Jughead to the Press yesterday and a few snippets were posted by the various mainstream media outlets. We were lucky enough to have one of our people at that screening and they've just sent me a few snippets that we can post now. They will try to see if they can do a more detailed synopsis nearer the time, but for now they give us the following, some of which we already know from previous reports but I'll post it all here. Any spelling and/or grammar errors are his not mine :)

- One of the best episodes if you like mythology episodes

- We see Desmond and Penny married with child

- Widmore is paying the medical bills of someone in a coma

- Jughead as we suspected is a bomb

- Faraday and Widmore have a surprising connection

- We find out how and why Widmore knows about the Island

- No O6 in this episode

- Someone tells Charlotte they love her (aha!! I may be right...but Daniel may not be shocking enough because we already suspect him- could be someone else?- kayo)

Source: DarkUFO

• 2 weeks later...

Would be interesting if Hawking is Faraday's mother since Widmore may be his dad. So was he conceived on the island?

Every time I get answers, I get more confused at the same time. They really are unraveling things though.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW RECAPS

Lost Episode Recap: "Jughead"

Jan 28, 2009 10:08 PM ET

by Mickey O'Connor

Am I the only one who was disappointed to find out that there would be no Lost-Archie Comics crossover on Wednesday's episode? It's a shame: I had a ton of "jalopy" and "Midge" puns at the ready. So who or what is "Jughead" then? By the end of the hour, we've found out, but it's perhaps the least fulfilling of the many revelations of this fast-paced episode, which contained far fewer "flashes" than last week's episode. Desmond begins his quest to find Daniel Faraday's mother

Here's a question: We know what the Lostaways see when there's a flash, but what do the people they're with see? Do they see a person disappear? Is there a similar flash of light? Do they have no memory of it at all? I'm curious to see if we'll ever see a flash from that perspective.

I wondered this as well.

Regarding who "Ellie" is...my very strong gut feeling says she's Mrs. Hawking- aka Daniel's mother. Not only did he recognize her similiarities to someone he knew, Mrs. Hawking's first name is Eloise (like Daniel's rat). Eloise- Ellie....too much of a coincidence for me!

Whether Mr. Widmore is his father or not is still yet to be determined. Yes, Ellie and Widmore were both on the island together but they didn't seem to get along all that much. Someone that is in love with someone else doesn't tell them to "shut up" in front of others. Now siblings, that's another story! I'm wondering if Mr. Widmore and Mrs. Hawking will turn out to be brother and sister. That would make Penny and Daniel cousins! :animated_scratchchin:

Daniel's advice to bury the bomb in lots of concrete/lead would explain Sayid's comment about not seeing this much "concrete/lead coverage since Chernobyl" in a previous season. So they did follow Daniel's advice!

I love the Richard/Locke encounters! So THATS why Richard was at the hospital when Locke was being born!!!

Archived