Episode 5.02: The Lie

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.02: Title Unknown

Airdate: Winter 2009

• 08/30 - Cunningham: Mid-20s to Early 30s. Any ethnicity. Athletic, used to living outdoors and off the land. He is a loyal soldier but willing to compromise with the enemy to protect his men. This role is introduced in 502 and has scenes in 503. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
  • 08/25 - Michelle Rodriguez [...] is returning to the show this season, multiple sources confirm. [...] Rodriguez is back for one episode, most likely this season's second. [...] The fact that Cheech Marin is also on the guest list for eppy 2 suggests that it's most likely a Hurley-centric outing. And after his encounter with Charlie's ghost last season, it's certainly feasible that Hurley would have an imaginary run-in with Ana Lucia. Source: The Ausiello Files
  • 08/24 - Nigel: British, in his late teens. Despite being rough around the edges, mature well beyond his age and extremely smart. Must have English accent. Nice co-star. Will appear in episodes 502 and 503. Darlene: Early 20s, any ethnicity. A bored clerk who hates her sucky job and looks for any burst of excitement to get through the shift. Alternative in dress and style, plays guitar in her own band but needs the day job to pay the bills. Co-star. Jill: Late 20s to late 30s; any ethnicity. A butcher who is one hard-as-nails cool chick. A tomboy, bit of a searcher, and highly competent beyond her station in life. Co-star. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog

• 4 months later...

"The Lie" revolves around a major predicament for one of the Oceanic 6, setting the stage for a twist that significantly staggers Ben's plan to "get the band back together." Meanwhile, Sawyer, Juliet and the others are subject to old island problems, new revelations and surprise saviors, with the showstopper being one of Lost's most electric and intense action scenes ever.

Source: TV Guide

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.02: The Lie

Airdate: January 21, 2009 at 10 p.m.

• 12/25 - Hurley and Sayid are on the run from the cops after stumbling into trouble at the safehouse; the island survivors come under attack by unknown forces; and an old friend offers some shocking advice to Kate in order to ensure that "the lie" remain a secret. Guest cast: Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Lillian Hurst as Carmen Reyes, Cheech Marin as David Reyes, William Blanchett as Aaron, Sean Whalen as Neil Frogurt, Tom Connolly as Jones, Mary Mara as Jill, Dana Sorman as Darlene, James Jeremiah as police officer, Stephanie Conching as nurse, Matthew Allan as Cunningham, Todd Bryant as Mattingly. Source: ABC

Sean Whalen as Neil Frogurt

Yaay! Frogurt the yogurt man!

an old friend offers some shocking advice to Kate in order to ensure that "the lie" remain a secret.

Could this be where Ana Lucia makes her appearance? :animated_scratchchin: I wouldn't have considered her an "old friend" but she is scheduled to appear in this episode...

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOWS RECAPS

Lost Episode Recap: "Because You Left"/"The Lie"

"The Lie"

So I think "Because You Left" did a good job at setting the scene for what's to come this season. I'm relieved that, thus far, the off-island action is as exciting as the on-island scenes because I was worried that "Lost-in-L.A." might not be as compelling.

THE OCEANIC 6 (and FRANK)

We see the Oceanic 6

Was that Ana Lucia scene absolutely perfect or what?! Kudos to the writers for that one. Which leads to my next theory...is Hurley just seeing people that aren't there, or is he actually communicating with the dead? My theory is that he has the exact same gift as Miles but just isn't aware of it in the way that Miles is aware of his "gift". This would explain him communicating with Charlie, seeing Libby, and in this episode, Ana Lucia. I'm not sure how that explains Dave though. Anyway, just a thought.

What was it that Ben got out of that hiding spot in the hotel room and put in his suitcase? Any guesses? I have no clue but I sure want to know!

The Mrs. Hawking reveal at the end wasn't a surprise to me but what was a bit of a surprise was where she was. When she came up the stairs from her mysterious room it looked like she and Ben were in a convent or catholic church, what with the candles and altar type thing. That made me remember the photo that was sitting of the desk of Desmond's superior - the head monk, or whatever you call him- in the episode Flashes Before Your Eyes. It was a photo of Mrs. Hawking and the head monk guy with the Oxford campus in the background. Woo hoo, can't wait to see more of that connection!

Sun- she's beginning to creep me out just a bit with her whole vendetta. Did anyone else get the feeling that she not only wants to get back at Ben, but also Jack and Kate? Maybe it was just me. I think she knew exactly who came to Kate's door and I think that she and Widmore arranged it. If it wasn't her, it had to be Ben...but my money's on Widmore and Sun.

Who was the meat-cutting woman that Ben asked to watch Locke's casket anyway? And did anyone else get chills when Ben didn't answer her when she asked why they needed to watch it because, he "was dead, wasn't he?" Chills.

The Hurley scene when he picked out the "I :heart: Shih-tzus" was priceless!

And I absolutely LOVED the scene with his mom when, after he spills his guts to her about everything that happened on the island, instead of thinking he's nuts, she says, "I believe you. I don't understand what you're telling me, but I believe you." Now that is a mom.

Was that Ana Lucia scene absolutely perfect or what?! Kudos to the writers for that one. Which leads to my next theory...is Hurley just seeing people that aren't there, or is he actually communicating with the dead? My theory is that he has the exact same gift as Miles but just isn't aware of it in the way that Miles is aware of his "gift". This would explain him communicating with Charlie, seeing Libby, and in this episode, Ana Lucia. I'm not sure how that explains Dave though. Anyway, just a thought

Sayid being unconscious made me ask the same thing. Is Hurley REALLY talking to dead people or is it all in his mind.

Archived