Dade

Susan Lucci

01.jpg

PROFESSION:

Actress and entrepreneur

PARTNER:

Tony Dovolani

BACKGROUND:

As the most famous face in daytime television history, Lucci has held audiences spellbound for years as the sexy, sassy, beautiful "woman you love to hate," Erica Kane on All My Children. In May 1999, all of America stood and cheered when Susan Lucci won the Emmy Award for "Best Actress". While competing on the show, she will continue her work on All My Children, and celebrate her 10,000th episode this November. In addition to her performances on Broadway and in cabarets across the country, Susan is an entrepreneur, having launched successful cosmetic, fashion, and jewelry lines on HSN.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people55x23.jpg

Births

Tony Dovolani Adds 'Dancing' Pair

by Monica Rizzo

tony_dovolani_240x320.jpg

Lina and Tony Dovolani

It's a ballroom pair for "Dancing with the Stars" professional ballroom dancer Tony Dovolani and his wife, Lina. The couple welcomed the little boy and a girl in the early morning of Monday, September 8 at a hospital near their Connecticut home.

The beaming parent's first son, Adrian Driton Dovolani, took the lead by taking the stage at 3:14 a.m., weighing 7 lbs. Lina and Tony's newest daughter, Ariana Dovolani, followed her brother's entrance 14 minutes later, weighing 7 lbs., 10 oz.

"We are so happy, I can't stop smiling," an emotional Dovolani told People Magazine in a short interview. "Lina was such a champ, and she looks incredible right now." This is the third child for the couple, who have been married for eight years. Daughter Luana turned three in August.

Dovolani is gearing up for season seven of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," whose new season premieres September 22. He was in the middle of rehearsals with his celebrity partner, Susan Lucci, when he got the call that Lina was in labor.

"Susan was so understanding," says Dovolani, who felt bad about cutting their rehearsal short. Lucci had to snap him out of it. "She told me, 'What are you waiting for? Go!'"

• 2 weeks later...

skinny as hell

6 for me

jmho

i missed that

jmho

Susan Lucci has just gone from glamorous TV star to frail old woman in one night. She looked horrible, she moved horribly and she seemed loopy when the judges were critiqueing her. She reminded me of a woman in my aunt's nursing home who wore much too much rouge and thought she was a dancer in the Ziegfield Follies.

I really don't know what it is about her but I am just not liking her so far. I find she is really odd especially when talking to the host (total brain fart with her name) just before getting their scores...seems sort of detached.

I agree superstaaar. I'm not quite sure I can put my finger on it either. She's got this beauty pageant smile on all the time -- always kind of breathless. Just quit it and be yourself woman!

And.... she is way too thin. Total lollipop head. I wouldn't criticize her for it, if I thought she was just naturally that way. But I'm betting she eats very little to stay that thin, and that being itty bitty is very important to her.

boring for me

jmho

Archived