Dade

Lance Bass

01.jpg

PROFESSION:

Pop star, astronaut

PARTNER:

Lacey Schwimmer

BACKGROUND:

Lance Bass has sold over 50 million records as a member of the phenomenally successful pop group *NSYNC. He also executive produced and starred in a number of film and television projects. In 2002 he successfully trained to be a cosmonaut at Russia's Star City and was certified by both the Russian Space Program and NASA for a mission aboard a Soyuz capsule. Lance has also released his memoir, Out of Sync, for Simon Spotlight Entertainment.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

his dancer partner is hyper

i felt lance score wasn't deserved

he barely danced his partner did most of the work

to me he isnt a good dancer

jmho

very good but i feel his partner need to calm dowm takes away lots of attention from lance

jmho

I think that's consistent with Lacey and her brother both! Both Schwimmers and there West Coast Swing style are kinda frantic! I thought it was humorous however with the music choice however. "I kissed a girl . . . and I liked it"...... :animated_rotfl:

So.. the choreographers pick the music? I thought I'd heard it was chosen for them, but I could be mixed up with another show.

Still can't stand Lacey. I think she is pushing the envelop too far with her versions of the choreography. You still have to do the dance you're assigned. I know she's not the only one who's done this, but she could and should have done a more traditional Paso.

Courtesy of: TV Guide Online

Backstage: Lacey's Think You Can Dance Pals Visit

laceylx4.jpg

Lacey Schwimmer by Michael Desmond/ABC

Dancing with the Stars was infiltrated Monday night by some of its stiffest dance competition: three heavyweights from Fox's So You Think You Can Dance.

Sitting ringside was So You Think You Can Dance creator, executive producer and head judge Nigel Lythgoe, who has always made a point of praising Dancing with the Stars on the air. In another section of the ballroom sat So You Think judge Adam Shankman, who also directed the feature film Hairspray. And three seats down from Shankman sat the show's Season 2 winner, swing dancer Benji Schwimmer.

"They all came to support me," says new pro Lacey Schwimmer, who was a fan favorite during So You Think's Season 3. Lacey really needed their support. Because even though she and her star, 'NSync's Lance Bass, have racked up three solid scores for their cha cha cha, quick-step and paso doble, they're had their wrists slapped repeatedly by head judge Len Goodman for not doing traditional steps. "He's really got it in for them," says Shankman. "And it's ridiculous, because the audience loves them. And they're the only ones out there who look like they're really having fun. Everyone else has these smiles plastered on their faces, but Lance and Lacey are the real thing."

"I think Adam said, 'Fire Len!'" says Bass after the show, laughing. "He would say that," says Lacey. "But it was great to have him and Nigel here, it was like a little reunion for me."

Still, having such influential support from the stands didn't stop Goodman from chastising the couple yet again. "I know your game and I know your brain!" said Goodman after their paso doble. "And it doesn't work, my old sausage." He may have finally put a dent in Lacey's determination to put a rock & roll edge into her ballroom choreography. "We're gonna be who we are," she says. "But if the judges really want us to be traditional, we'll pull it out of somewhere. We'll find it."

"We play characters when we dance," says Bass. "And this is not the time to play it safe. But if we stay on the show, maybe next week, we'll do a completely traditional ballroom dance. We'll give them exactly what they want. We can do that, and we'll prove that we can do that."

Bleh -- whining and excuses. On SYTYCD, I do believe Nigel and Co. wanted them to dance the actual dance they were given. They couldn't just do what they liked and were best at.

In my best Kathy Griffin voice...Lacey can suck it.

I didn't mind Lacey at all on So You Think You Can Dance but I liked the person that acutally won the show that season much better! I was excited to hear that she was going to be on DWTS but now my opinion of her is changing. If everyone else listens to the judges and gives them what they want for the dances AND takes their advice and actually puts it to use then what is the problem for Lacey. It's like she is telling Len every week that I don't give a hoot what you tell me I am the dancer and I am going to do the dances the way I want to...just like a pouty child.

AND if she really doesn't like Julianne than she is so going in my bad books!! lol I love Julianne she has been a fav of mine since she started on the show!!

Someone needs to remind Lacey that if she behaves herself, she might make it to the finale and THEN she can do a freestyle. Until then, she and Lance need to play by the rules and stop disrespecting the judges and the style of dance they're supposed to perform.

Archived