image host
Sign in to follow this  
Dade

The Biggest Loser: Families

Courtesy of: NBC THE BIGGEST LOSER

NBC's hit series "The Biggest Loser" returns in September with "The Biggest Loser: Families," featuring eight teams of two family members -- four husband-and-wife teams and four parent-adult child teams.

Alison Sweeney ("Days of Our Lives") returns as host of the series, which challenges and encourages overweight contestants to shed pounds in a safe and recommended manner through comprehensive diet and exercise as they compete for a grand prize of $250,000. The unscripted and life-altering reality series gathers contestants from across the country to face real-life temptations, while being provided with approved weight-loss skills and resources in an effort to help them transform their bodies, health -- and ultimately -- their lives. Contestants work out under the supervision of professional trainers Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper.

The series has become a worldwide hit airing in over 90 countries and produced in 25 countries. It has produced a New York Times best-selling book series with five titles currently. The show also has four top-selling fitness DVDs and a "Biggest Loser" meal plan available for home purchase, as well as a burgeoning online lifestyle club www.thebiggestloserclub.com.

"The Biggest Loser: Families" is a production of Reveille LLC, 25/7 Productions and 3Ball Productions. Ben Silverman (NBC's "The Office," "Ugly Betty"), Dave Broome ("A Model Life with Petra Nemcova," "Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope"), JD Roth ("Age of Love," "Beauty and the Geek"), Todd A. Nelson ("Unan1mous," "Beauty and the Geek") and Mark Koops ("American Gladiators," "Shear Genius") serve as executive producers.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

The Biggest Loser

Looks like Husband/Wives against Parent/Child

The Husband/Wife teams are....

Ed and Heba...Orange

Adam and Stacey...Green

Phillip and Amy...Red

Brady and Vicky...Brown

The Parent/Child teams are...

Jerry and Coleen...Yellow

Amy and Shellay...Purple

Michelle and Renee...Pink

Tom and Jr. ...Grey

Pics and bios arent up yet, I will post them asap.

yay, I've been looking forward to the return of this show! Looks like Sept is going to be full, with TBL, TAR, Survivor, and the last few eps of BB!

At the same time as the BB finale. Damnit BB, why couldn't you end on a Sunday like usual?

The last several seasons they have had their big finish on Sunday night, I'm pretty sure. But I am so glad BL is starting again - I am so hooked on this show.

I can't wait for Biggest Loser... I never watched until last season... now I'm totally hooked... guess I'll watch BB finale early then watch Biggest loser at 8 :party_smilie:

You can watch all 3 seasons of TBL Australia on youtube. I think it's better than the US version -- it's on 3 times a week, or something, so they show a lot more about how they eat and exercise. Still a game, so there's still all the temptations, challenges, twists and drama, but more information as well. I've really enjoyed watching them this summer. I'm almost done with season 3, so I'm very excited for this new season to start.

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Biggest Loser 6 debuts tonight with two-hour episodes, pairs of family members

The Biggest Loser 6 debuts tonight at 8 p.m. ET, and sticks with Amazing Race-style casting and pairs of overweight contestants with pre-existing relationships. Unlike last season

Holy smack at the Gray Team... I really hope they do well in this challenge, like Jillian said, not just for themselves, but their entire family.

I love all the teams this year, but the couple in red really stand out. What a beautiful love they share, I hope they last awhile.

I think the only team I kinda don't like so far is the purple team. The daughter is a big baby, and I was surprised she lost as much as she did. I am glad the orange team didn't get the boot, because I think they really NEED to be there. The green team is doing a great job at home. The wife looked great, and the hubby has lost a lot too. (sorry, too early to remember names).

I think it's a first that they have two people in such bad shape the docs are restricting their workouts and activities. In the long run though, it helped the yellow team, cause the dad would have NEVER made it up that hill and won immunity.

So glad the green team got the boot... she was way to cocky, glad she lost the least.....

The Biggest Loser: Meet The Losers

Oh, I forgot to mention that doctor and his "inside age" thing. That was intense. Hope some of them take heed or they're gonna be dead.

I like it when they stress the health issues, and the things that can be fixed or improved just by losing weight. Or course, everyone wants to look better, but to me, the most important thing these people are doing is saving or restoring their health.

On another note, I saw some pictures of Matt and Suzy ( season 2??) and they have had another baby -- a boy. Congratulations to them.

I'm not sure if the picture I saw was current, but it looked like Matt had gained back a considerable amount of weight. I read something where Suzy said she was 'huge'. But that may just be the way she's feeling after having a baby.

You know, I have no problem with some of the contestants gaining back a little weight after the finale. Many of them get way too thing, IMHO, and I think they probably look and feel better with a few more pounds on them. But I don't like to see them get too close to their old selves. To me, it looked like Matt was getting out of control again. Could be wrong -- it wasn't a full body shot. Maybe he has just found the place where he is comfortable, feels good, and feels confidant that he can maintain. You have to find that balance. I just hope he doesn't just say to heck with it, and put all that weight back on. That wouldn't be good for either of them.

Agreed. A little relapse is okay, but you gotta get it under control, before it controls you.

Is it wrong for me to fantasize about Bob throwing me to the ground and just ravishing the heck out of me?!?! omg, he's so friggen hott I can't even stand it. It's like I can't hear what he's saying now, I just think, "man, I can see us making out on that floor right there"...alas I think he's gay...idk... but I don't mind sharing him with another man :rolleyes:

Well, if it's wrong, who wants to be right anyway?

Yes, he's gay. So what. That's only an issue if you ever really get the chance to be with him, and he say, 'no thanks, I'm gay'. I have a bit of a crush on another gay guy to-- Clinton from What Not to Wear.

Not sure where this comes from -- but maybe because part of both these guys' jobs is to make women ( yeah, and men) feel good about themselves. Build confidence, feel pretty, whatever. They are encouraging, understanding, and HOT! Love them!

http://tv.yahoo.com/falltv/photos/where-are-they-now/352

This is nice -- it shows all the past winners. I feel bad for the winner of season 1. He mentioned how he probably beats himself up more than anyone else for every pound gained... I can't imagine what it must be like for him, or any of the 'losers'. There's nothing worse than losing weight, ( you feel so great) and then gaining it back ( you feel worse than ever). But to have so many people watching your every move, and every pound gained would be a lot of added pressure.

I wish them all the best, and hope they can continue with their success.

Yeah, that was a really bad choice, and they are damn lucky they didn't go home. I was really proud of how well the brown team has done at home. That has to be tough to continue weight loss after only being at the ranch for two weeks. They have made the most of it, and seeing how much weight they had lost at home, I was almost in tears. They did great, and I hope they continue and kick ass at the finale.

The Biggest Loser Families And A Shocking Betrayal

September 23, 2008 07:21:29 by DA Southern

bl-logo2.jpg

The Biggest Loser: Families second week promised more extreme pain than most of the contestants could possibly imagine along with a few surprises along the way. Bob and Jillian were seen having no compassion early on as we had a quick recap of what has transpired in the beginning episode when we lost Stacey and Adam. Two more will leave tonight and more weight will be lost as The Biggest Loser: Families inspires American

Okay, either this is going to be an incredibly short season of Biggest Loser, or there is a secret set of teams that we haven't been introduced to yet, who are being busily trained by somebody else and will enter the competition later.

It's either that, or somewhere down the line some previously eliminated losers will come back into the game. Here's how it will go-- the remaining losers will moan and groan about how unfair it is--- because those who have been eliminated haven't had to be in the house and have been able to see their families. They haven't had it nearly as rough as those who have been at TBL ranch the entire time...

It annoys me that they get so upset about it. It is a game -- it's happened before-- and there's no way anyone of them would turn down the chance to come back.