Gillian Larson

Dade

gillian.jpg

Biography

Gillian Larson (61)

Hometown: Temecula, California

Retired after working as a registered nurse for 41 years, Gillian Larson has never satisfied her appetite for adventure and travel despite her wide array of experiences throughout her 61 years. She has traveled through 46 countries and all but a few U.S. states, much of it backpacking. This adventurous "granny" can climb and rappel 4,000 foot mountains and swim with the Great Whites. Not only is she versatile, but she is competitive by nature and feels as though she is an perfect fit for the game of SURVIVOR, having applied 15 times, always believing she would one day be selected.

Married 37 years to her husband, Ron, Gillian has three married daughters and four grandchildren. Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa, she was awarded several academic and athletic honors. Gillian met her husband in Germany and moved to the United States. The couple has relocated 18 times and currently resides in Temecula, Calif. since 2001. Her proudest achievement is her awesome family.

When she isn't scuba diving or hiking through the mountains, Gillian enjoys travel, writing, photography, gardening, spending time with her family and her eclectic group of friends who range from 2 to 92.

For her 60th birthday, she got a purple butterfly tattoo on her left hip. A very good swimmer, this SURVIVOR-addict feels that she has what is takes to be the oldest winner yet.

After SURVIVOR, Larson's new goal is to be a motivational speaker, focusing on "believe in yourself and you can achieve anything"

Gillian's birthday is February 24, 1947.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope she's given a fair chance by the rest of the cast aways and not excluded from the get go for being older. I'm looking forward to seeing what her body can do. It's one thing to do those activities at your own leisure, but can she perform under pressure with the speed and agility that is often required?

In any case, I'm looking at her to tell the bully dude off and to stick up for those who may be considered weaker. I see her getting along well with that yuonger girl whose parents were missionaries. They seem very similar.

Ink for her 60th birthday??

She goes immediately to the head of the pack. I just hope she isn't a Scout revisited.

I swear she's gotta be Scout's sister! Anyway, I like her and think she could make it far if she doesn't blow challenges for her team.

I think the seasons are gone when teams immediately voted off the older contestants if they lost. For the past few seasons, the alphas usually use the early loss as an opportunity to get rid of "future competition". Which, IMO, is comletely insane, but it does let me favs slide through.

For a little background Ginger. They will start off competing as "tribes". When they are down to 10 contestants remaining, they will merge them into a single "tribe". That's when they start competing on an individual basis. They'll be competing for rewards as well as another immunity challenge.

If Granny here makes it to the merge, some of the individual immunity challenges are physically and/or psychologically brutal. Much more demanding of her than climbing some 4K' mountain or scuba diving with sharks!

She'll be lucky to survive! You should love it! :devilish:

BTW - No Soap! No Shampoo! No TP! Usually there's a water source that requires boiling before it's drinkable, so if they haven't managed to get a fire started, there's not even water to drink!

Deprivation is the typical order of the day . . . . . at least initially!

Well, Ginger it's usually when they get down to F10 that they merge the tribes and everyone plays for themselves, but as with BB you never know what they are going to do, so don't count on it being the F10 always, even though it might be...

I thought of rewording that Yana! I've loved the fact that they've even tried to fake the tribes out as well! But the proper word I should have inserted was certainly 'Usually'!

I think Ginger will get a kick out of Survivor! I know how excited I am for it to get going again! :party_smilie:

I understand sonoerin and I wasn't trying to contradict you in anyway... I was just saying that they are saying this season they are playing around with things, and you never know what that's going to be...

Don't mind me Yana! Sometimes, my tongue gets in the way of my eye teeth and I can't see what I'm saying! :animated_rotfl:

Every single year since the show's first, I've watched the ratings hoping that they stay strong. I know the end is inevitable, so I'm just excited to get another viewer for the show . . . . even if it is that stinker Ginger :devilish:

I have been hooked on this show since it began. I was still travelling in 2000, and I used to call my wife from my hotel room and compare notes every show. It used to kill me if I was in a time zone that allowed my wife to see it an hour or two before me! During the season 1 vote, I was in Europe, and my wife was alternately giving me live commentary or holding the phone near the TV so I could hear! OMG - Susan's rant and snake/rat speech hooked me forever :)

See ya around the boards! :cheers: Slainte

Last Survivor was excellent. I love it. I have watched every one of them.

I like that the girls are not as dysfunctional (usually) then the girls on BB. Last year the woman ruled the game.

The booted my love Ozzy but it was still a good show.

Archived