Episode 5.01: Because You Left

kayo

The season five LOST opening episode has been officially announced - "Because You Left".

Source: Entertainment Weekly

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.01: Because You left (Season premiere)

Airdate: Winter 2009

• 08/24 - Foreman: 40s to 50s, any ethnicity. A blue-collar construction worker. He's worked hard to get where he is and provide for his family. He cares deeply for his crew, hates it when management is condescending and arrogant but ultimately knows his place in the pecking order. Co-star. Martha:35 to 40, Asian, attractive. A smart, capable scientist with a strong personality who has taken a break to raise her baby but plans to work again. Completely believes in the work she is doing but sometimes questions the decisions of those in charge. Co-star, recurring. Dan: 40s, any ethnicity. A high-priced attorney, someone really sharp who can be friendly. However, there's a real menace lurking below the surface. Recurring guest star. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
  • 08/24 - Hurley and Sayid drive into the apartment complex parking lot in a late-model blue SUV. (It and the other cars have California plates.) They exit, Sayid looking sharp in a black shirt and dark khaki pants, Hurley wearing a thick, long, grey bathrobe over a blue T-shirt. Hurley's also holding a big burger and paper cup. They make their way stealthily up the stairs, and walk the length of the building, past several apartments. They work their way up to the top floor, Hurley eating the whole way. Finally they reach the apartment they're looking for. They confer for a moment. Sayid seems to reach for the top of the door, looking for a key, perhaps, when something startles them. Sayid pushes Hurley aside, and draws his gun, pointing it at the door. It opens, and there's a struggle inside. The next moment, Sayid throws a man over the railing to the asphalt four stories below. There's a second man inside. Shots ring out. Hurley emerges from the apartment, gun in his hand, and looks over the railing in disbelief. Looks like Sayid is introducing Hurley to his new career. Source: The Transmission

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 5.01: Because You left (Season premiere)

Airdate: Winter 2009

• 09/28 - We will come to learn that one of the following is true in Lost's fifth season premiere. A. The Island moved forward in time. B. The Island moved backward in time. C. The Island did not move in time, but it did move in space -- to another location on the planet. D. The Island did not move in time or space -- it's still there, but Dharma tech renders it invisible to the naked eye. Source: The Ausiello Files
  • 09/18 - First scene we saw had Sawyer, Bernard, Rose, and Juliet. They appeared to be having a conversation in the jungle. Second scene had Charlotte and Miles, going back to camp. We watched for about 90 minutes. According to one of the crew, it was for Episode 5.01. Source: The Transmission

• 2 months later...

Notice Airdate....

Episode 5.01: Because You Left (Season premiere)

Airdate: January 21, 2009 at 9 p.m.

Thanks, Dade! :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Source: TV Guide

The first hour is the stronger of the two, as it sends the mind reeling and uncorks infinite possibilities. Picking up soon after the events of the season finale, "Because You Left" reiterates Ben's claim that Jack et al must return to the island to make things "right", then lets slip a bit of insight

Sneak Peek clip for season 5 premiere:

Episode 5.01: Because You Left (Season premiere)

Airdate: January 21, 2009 at 9 p.m.

• 12/25 - The remaining island survivors start to feel the effects of the aftermath of moving the island, and Jack and Ben begin their quest to reunite the Oceanic 6 in order to return to the island with Locke's body in an attempt to save their former fellow castaways. Guest cast: L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, William Mapother as Ethan Rom, Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle,Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, William Blanchett as Aaron, Sean Whalen as Neil Frogurt, Tom Irwin as Dan Norton, Michael Dempsey as foreman, Stephanie Smart as ticket agent, Leslie Ishii as woman, Cindy Paliracio as TV anchor, Brad Berryhill as anxious guy, Sven Lindstrom as crew member, Chantal Boomla as counter girl, Jeremy Colvin as security guard. Source: ABC

Here's a big :shocking: moment from the season premiere:

According to someone who saw a viewing of the season premiere,

In the season 5 preview trailer, the person seen in the hazmat suit pointing a gun at Daniel Faraday is

DESMOND!

Source: DarkUFO

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOWS RECAPS

Lost Episode Recap: "Because You Left"/"The Lie"

Jan 21, 2009 08:59 PM ET by Mickey O'Connor

On Wednesday's two-hour premiere of Lost, we learned what happened when Ben "moved" the island, what that meant to those left behind and why he's suddenly so keen on getting the Oceanic 6 to return to that wacky funhouse of terror. Somebody dies, lots of people cry, and Sawyer went topless... for the entire first hour.

Namaste, y'all! I'm Mickey O'Connor, and I'll be writing the Lost recaps for this season. Every now and then they take me out of the underground hatch they keep me in and have me write things. For example, I popped in here last season to fill in for the lovely Trish Wethman to write about "The Constant" and "Meet Kevin Johnson", and writing the recap blogs of Desperate Housewives and Dancing with the Stars, has clearly more than qualified me for this job! So let's crack open a bottle of Dharma Initiative rum and get to it!

First off, I have to apologize for not recapping the recap episode, but I was on another (particularly tricky) deadline, so I wasn't able to watch it live. But rest assured that if there is any particular insight to be gleaned from it, I'll add it later. Once I saw both episodes, it seemed to make more sense to recap them separately, even though they aired together. Hopefully I'm right. So here goes...

"Because You Left"

In a characteristic season opener, we see a man rise (at 8:15 am), greet his Asian wife, and prepare a bottle for his newborn baby. As Willie Nelson's "Shotgun Willie" plays on the turntable (Aside: Google tells me that Shotgun Willie's is also the name of a strip club in Denver

(Thanks, Dade, for the reminder to move this topic from the spoiler section! :lookaround: )

Holy ghost of Christmas future...LOST is back with a vengeance!! This episode was almost perfect- it had answers, action, Sawyer's hilarious sarcasm with a "no shirt" bonus, Neil Froghurt the "frozen yogurt guy" (or Arzt 2.0, as we were calling him), and more questions. I absolutely loved it!

Here is a theory I'm mulling over after watching the first two episodes and it involves Charlotte, Daniel and Miles. No spoilers here- this is totally just a theory. I'm thinking that all three of them may very well be offspring of members of the Others. Daniel's mom has got to be Mrs. Hawking (Desmond's ring seller and the lady at the end of episode two). And we know there also is a connection with Daniel, Mrs. Hawking, AND Desmond, and that may be the reason Desmond is Daniel's constant.

I also have a wild theory that Miles will turn out to be... Dr. Chang's son (Dr Halliwax, Dr Candle)- the baby shown at the beginning of premiere. I mean, Miles definitely has some gifts (and does Hurley have the same gifts?? but that's another theory)that are very mysterious and I wonder if they originate from him being on the island when he was young.

Charlotte is the toughest one - her parents may be yet to be revealed- but we do know that she wanted to find out about her roots on the island and it sounded like she was possibly born there. My son suggested that maybe Charlotte and Daniel could be brother and sister and not romantic as we are being led to believe (we've never seen them kiss, hold hands or anything...just talk to each other lovingly). If that were the case, then Mrs. Hawking could be mother to both of them! I'm doubting that this is the case because it seems a little more like puppy love to me but, who knows?

I loved the Richard/Locke scenes too- pretty mind-boggling. Now we know which item Locke should have picked. Remember when Richard came to visit him when he (Locke) was a little boy and asked him to pick the item that already belonged to him? Locke first picked up the compass and put it to the side, then a vial of sand/ash, then he looked the rest of the items over and finally picked up the knife. Richard was disappointed and left. Do you think that was the event Richard was talking about when he told Locke that next time they saw each other he wouldn't remember him and for Locke to show him the compass?? God, I love this show. :smitten:

Archived