Dan - Week 6

CeCiMom

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Carmen - tell us how you really feel about Dan. I don't think we have it yet. Do you think he's a weasel? :animated_scratchchin:

Seriously, I like Dan. He's no better/no worse than any of the rest of them. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I personally don't like tatoos or piercings either but that means little to an individual that does. Everyone has a right to an opinion and Dan has his right to play the game the way he wants. How he plays will determine how far he will get in the game. If he thinks this weak, "weasel" strategy works for him, then who is to say it's wrong? There's been quite a few eggs stolen out of the chicken coop by weasels. And besides, they kill snakes. :smoke:

Go Dan!! :cheshire:

I wouldn't call Dan a weasel..a wimp maybe but not a weasel...lets see if he can pull off the crucial PoV win.. to get April out...because if he lets Ollie beat him and save April.. then he deserves what might come his way....

He's not being anymore "weasel"-like than any of the others in the game. So if Dan is a weasel... so is everybody else. I don't see it. They're all playing the game. All of them are sneaking around. All of them are lying. All of them are backstabbing. All of them are after the prize "egg". How about we leave politics out of the game play? I was (though slightly disappointed to not hear a great political debate) impressed with how Libra and Dan never had a drag out brawl due to their polar opposite beliefs and opinions. CBS might have wanted it to happen... but they resisted. How about we follow their lead?

I'm what most would call a liberal politically, and I thought I would HATE Dan, but I don't. I like the way he has conducted himself in the house, and he has turned out to be one of my faves. So yeah, he hasn't brought his politics into the game, so I won't either. I think his statements at the outset to CBS were for shock value or whatever. I don't think he really believes that stuff.

Dan's wearing the veto

Way to go Dan!!!!!!!!!! Now don't be an idiot and use it - just practice saying "I choose to NOT use the veto. This veto meeting is over, baby!!". :smilielol: Oh oh, even better - he should say "Jerry, this is NOT your lucky day, you old fool".

He's not being anymore "weasel"-like than any of the others in the game. So if Dan is a weasel... so is everybody else. I don't see it. They're all playing the game. All of them are sneaking around. All of them are lying. All of them are backstabbing. All of them are after the prize "egg". How about we leave politics out of the game play?

Well if posters can bash Libra and her values on motherhood or Ollie boning April and how it reflects badly on his Christian upbringing, then Dan shouldnt be any exception if he brings politics and/or religion into gameplay..whats good for one should be good for all. I just dont get the love affair with the guy, he's boring as hell to watch and far from an intelligent player (how smart can you be when you immed. join a huge alliance, decide to lay low, and then blow that by taking on AP). Doesnt mean he's a nice guy, Ill give him that..but nice people dont win BB.

You can bash all you want, but he hasn't brought politics into the game at all, and really, not so much religion either. Not like he is praying out loud like Jameka and Amber did, or preaching the gospel to everyone. He is pretty private about it, from what I have seen, and mainly only mentions his teaching job and not wanting to endanger that, and I think that's pretty understandable.

Disclaimer: I am a non practicing Catholic but was born and raised in the faith, even Catholic school educated for K thru 12. The only thing that bothers me about Dan is the way he keeps saying that he is cool with anything that he does in the house, cause when he leaves, he can just go to confession. The sacrament of confession is really involved and I don't really want to go into all that, but suffice it to say that it does not work that way. Sure, we believe that through confession God will forgive our sins if we ask and are truly sorry...but you can't do something that is a sin with the intention of just confessing later. That doesn't meet the qualification of being truly sorry, that would be beating the system and when it comes to God, I find it hard to believe you can best the system. Bottom line, Dan needs to realize this is not the 1500s and whatever plenary indulgences he purchased before entering the house are bunk.

I remember when he first made that statement when the game first began and I thought to myself that he seemed like quite the jerk... but really, he's been far from the @ss I thought he would be. I think he's held it together well within the house. I think now that he probably says that for image sake...trying to look "badder" than what he really is. I think we need to remember that "actions speak louder than words" and frankly, his actions have been nothing but something his parents could be proud about.

As a HG, I like dan. It probably wasn't the smartest choice to accept AP, but he lived through it. I really like the way he hasn't really lied or broken his word as much as he has just danced around the truth and let people think what they want to. I Am hoping its Dan Renny F2. I just hope when Dan gets out he takes some catechism lessons.

I'm a practicing Catholic, also Catholic schools K-12............I think Dan is joking about "confession".............. th church has come a long way since I was in school, my kids (around Dan's age) were not raised with venial sins and mortal sins and having to confess every one............now it's more general, how you're living your life and some churches even have open, group confession, where everyone is "absolved" of being imperfect.

IMO-Dan hasn't done anything that would need him to seek some great, personal absolution..........he's being sarcastic, because some others in the house are trying to make him look like some "big sinner", so he responds with the "confession" thing.

Archived