America's Next Top Model 11

Dade

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Meet Your 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 11 Hopefuls

Two-hour premiere airs Wednesday, Sept. 3 on The CW

By Hanh Nguyen

August 12, 2008

Sheena, 'America's Next Top Model 11' It's been, oh, only a few months since Whitney Thompson became the first-ever full-figured winner of "America's Next Top Model," so now it's time for a new crop of girls to vie for the title.

A go-go dancer, a young lady named Clark and an assistant in a non-profit organization are just some of the 14 lucky women competing on the 11th cycle of the hit reality show, which premieres with a special two-hour episode on Wednesday, Sept. 3 at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.

Tyra Banks will be back as the show's host and head judge, along with supermodel Paulina Porizkova, noted fashion photographer Nigel Barker, runway expert Miss J. Alexander and the art director of the photo shoots, Jay Manuel.

The winner of "Top Model" will be managed by Elite Model Management, receive a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl and appear on the cover and in a six-page fashion spread in Seventeen magazine.

The "America's Next Top Model" Cycle 11 Participants:

Name: Analeigh

Hometown: Sacramento, CA (currently Los Angeles, California)

Name: Brittany

Hometown: Henderson, Nevada

Name: Clark

Hometown: Pawleys Island, South Carolina (currently Columbia, South Carolina)

Name: Elina

Hometown: Berdichieve, Ukraine (currently Seattle, Washington)

Name: Hannah

Hometown: Fairbanks, Alaska

Name: Isis

Hometown: Prince George's County, Maryland (currently New York, New York)

Name: Joslyn

Hometown: Lucky, Louisiana (currently Shreveport, Louisiana)

Name: Lauren Brie

Hometown: Charlottesville, Virginia (currently Radford, Virginia)

Name: Marjorie

Hometown: Marseilles, France (currently San Francisco, California)

Name: McKey

Hometown: Lake Forest, Illinois

Name: Nikeysha

Hometown: Bronx, New York

Name: Samantha

Hometown: Woodland Hills, California

Name: ShaRaun

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Name: Sheena

Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii (currently Harlem, New York)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy of; REALITYBLURRED

Transgendered contestant will compete on Top Model 11

A transgendered contestant is among the 14 girls who will compete on America

So young to be a transgender because it takes a couple of years to take the hormones then they usually wait a year to be sure the person is emotionally capable to handle the change and in some cases may change their minds.

Good luck to her!

I just hope that when she gets the boot these "groups" don't cry foul and I also hope she will only advance based on that.

I don't really think it's particularly noble for Tyra and company to include a trans-gender model. I think it's a ratings grabber, and that it their motivation.

On another note -- is it just me, or are those f...ugly shoes she's wearing?

I don't watch Tyra's talk show...but I get the sense she's a caring type person...and is doing this mainly for the right reasons. And, sure, I do think it's a ratings grabber and CW network will capatalize on it...(not that ANTM has any problems with ratings, as far as I know)...but it also could be a means to bring positive attention to the transgenderd community. There's a huge negative stigma about the transgendered...labled as freaks and shunnned by many, difficulty in gaining employment and leading a "normal" life, etc. Positive exposure could be a tiny step in breaking down a barrier...if only even for a few.

It's the next logical step...gays and lesbians have become so much more commonplace and accepted in life and in part has to do with their exposure on tv. It could work to both their advantage as long as ANTM doesn't overly exploit her and the girl maintains some dignity as well ...afterall, she will be an example and under scrutiny by the mainstream public and media...whether she likes it or not.

I wish her luck...but also hope she doesn't get special treatment. It seems right now she may have an unfair advantage to stay in the competition because of the publicity and her sexuality. They won't want to eliminate her within the first few weeks I'm sure....so she better be good to deserve the right to stay.

jmho...:)

It's going to be completely interesting to see how she interacts with the other girls in the house. Sleeping and showering and what not, especially since she is pre-op.

I am definitely excited to watch this cycle now!

Me too. Can't wait to compare first impression favorites tomorrow! Let's all take notes.

I am going to try not to focus on the hermaphrodite too much. And I will try and keep an open mind, but I'm not liking this new gimmick of Tyra's.

I am going to try not to focus on the hermaphrodite too much. And I will try and keep an open mind, but I'm not liking this new gimmick of Tyra's.

I agree. I don't think he/she belongs in the model house. Could be a bad pic, but there's nothing special about her at all and that makes me think she/he was put in as a gimmick. Shame on you Tyra.

This is the first time I've seen the first show of each cycle. If they have all been as corny and dramatic as this one then I haven't missed out on anything.

Geesh...Tyra has some really thick thighs!

Mr Jay on Isis: "You know she really wants to be a model, she doesn't have an agenda like the others." Ummmmm...hello...she is a he and wants to be America's next top model---isn't that an agenda?

Anyways, I have to think long and hard about continuing to watch this show. To see Isis make it over someone like Kacey who I thought actually looked like a model is sad. He/Isis shouldn't even be in the competition. I have nothing against transgenders but the show is about female models and he is not one...plus he's pretty darn ugly.

Sheena looks like she's better suited to model clothes on the home shopping network not on a runway.

I'm tired of the pixie look too and how "they're all that" to the judges.

And all I can say is wow, just wow. Better think twice about sending your kids to an IV league school.

Most of them look like recycles of models from other cycles. Don't remember her name but she was a twin for that little spanish girl who won a few cyles back. And the "plus" size model looked like last years winner.

I think Isis could be a contender because she seems to know her stuff. Nigel was impressed with her and it seems the others are too. Whether or not she will get far, who knows. I think they will probably keep her around for awhile because like someone else said, it's a ratings grabber, much like Heather and her Asperger's last cycle. I think as it goes along, the same girls that are kind of friendly with her now, will be hating on Isis because she is going to be an attention getter.

Yeah, that black dress Tyra had on was not working for her. At least she's not afraid to flaunt that she put on a few pounds...oh wait, she threw a hissy last year with the whole bathing suit fiasco.

And what was up with the futuristic crap at the beginning? That was soooo cheesy! I was about to get p*ssed at Jay Manuel because he had long hair. I'm so glad that was a wig or extensions or whatever. He is too pretty for that!

Archived