'The Bachelor 7'

salter-path

ABC reveals additional 'The Bachelor 7' details, including identities of its bachelorettes.

With its premiere now only a week away, ABC has released more information about its upcoming Manhattan-based seventh edition of The Bachelor, including new details of the edition's "less formal" format and the identities of the twenty-five women who will be competing for bachelor Charlie O'Connell.

As previously reported, Charlie is a D-list sometime Hollywood actor who is best known for being the Baldwin-like brother of Jerry O'Connell, the one-time Stand By Me tubby boy, Sliders genius, and Jerry Maguire stud quarterback who currently appears in NBC's Crossing Jordan television series.

charlie0oz.jpg

Billed as "The Bachelor unplugged," ABC has revealed that, as it first teased during February's The Bachelorette 3 finale, The Bachelor 7 will feature "no rules" this season, with five women immediately eliminated, roses handed out randomly, and the women free to "speak their minds" during rose ceremonies. In addition, all three of Charlie's exotic overnight dates will take place at the same location, with The Bachelor's first ever "on the road" rose ceremony occurring onsite at the getaway location -- resulting in one of the women not returning from the out of town trip.

The Bachelor 7's two-hour premiere will begin with the twenty-five women arriving at their New York hotel expecting that the show won't begin until the following day, only to have the show's producers throw a Survivor-like twist at them and tell the women that they'll actually be meeting the then undisclosed bachelor in just five minutes.

Following a rapid dating session during which the women attempt to make their best first impressions and Charlie hands out two "first impression" roses, Bachelor host Chris Harrison will surprise Charlie with a twist of his own -- that he has to immediately eliminate five women from the group.

After the bachelorette group has been whittled to twenty and moved into their Tribeca loft, Charlie will contact the women to arrange three group dates, once again surprising the women when they discover that they themselves will determine who will accompany Charlie on each of the group dates. While the group dates will be normal enough -- a pool-playing visit to a neighborhood pub, dancing at a local nightclub, and a Chelsea Piers outing involving volleyball and rock climbing -- the results won't be, with one of the nightclub bachelorettes caving into the "pressure" and walking out and leaving.

With a few roses already handed out prior to the ceremony, some of the women will arrive at the first rose ceremony with nothing to worry about, setting the stage for catfights as the remaining women square off and dish dirt about each other in an attempt to land one of the final twelve roses that Charlie will be handing out.

Included among this season's cast of twenty-five bachelorettes will be Kara, a 26-year-old nanny who will be the first single mom to appear on The Bachelor. Other members of The Bachelor 7's feisty bachelorette pool include a runway model, a swimsuit model, a bikini model (anyone notice a pattern?), a professional basketball cheerleader, three Canadian residents, and ten women whose first names began with the letter "K" (Kara, Katie, Kerry, Kimberly, Kindle, Krisily, Kristen, Kristina, Kristine, and Kyshawn -- good luck Charlie!)

The twenty-five bachelorettes appearing on The Bachelor 7 are:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season Premiere of The Bachelor 7

The Bachelor Tip

(ABC)On the premiere of this newest edition of ABC's popular romance reality series, which will once again take place in New York City -- Charlie's hometown -- 25 women, including the series' first single mom, barely have a chance to get settled in their rooms at the Roosevelt Hotel.

Thinking they have a day to prepare for the start of the show, the girls are ambushed and told that they'll meet the then undisclosed Bachelor in just five minutes. A mad dash ensues - women not dressed, without makeup - as they congregate to learn Charlie's identity and immediately begin a rapid dating session with him, trying desperately to make a good first impression - some disarming and funny, some feisty.

During the rapid dating, Charlie hands out two roses to those women who have impressed him the most, only to have host Chris Harrison surprise him with the news that he will have to immediately eliminate five women.

After the 20 remaining women move to their loft in Tribeca, Charlie calls to make three group dates.

The stakes are raised and the competition gets fierce as the power is put in the ladies' hands to decide among themselves who will accompany Charlie on each of these group dates. The ladies know that there are now NO rules, and that at any moment roses could be won or lost.

On the first date, which is full of surprising behavior, some of the ladies accompany Charlie to a neighborhood pub to play pool and raise a glass of cheer. The next group date takes the women to a nightclub where they dance the night away. But the pressure is already too much for one woman, who walks out and leaves. On the final group date, the remaining women play a no-holds-barred game of volleyball and rock climb at Chelsea Piers.

A few of the women come to the first rose ceremony with nothing to worry about, since they already have roses in hand. But for the others, emotions run high in this stripped down ceremony, and cat fights break out as the women face off and dish the dirt on each other to Charlie as he hands out his remaining roses.

Guest XandraSkye
Ok, I'm not positive about this but I think I remember reading at some point that Charlie briefly dated Kelly Wigglesworth from Survivor 1. They met when him and Jerry were on her (short-lived) show on E! It was some sort of adventure show.

Newest 'Bachelor' Keeps Things Casual

By Rick Porter

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - When ABC touts the forthcoming edition of "The Bachelor" as an "unplugged" version of the show, with less structure and a more casual atmosphere, it's not hard to be skeptical. After all, viewers have been promised changes in the past, but whatever tweaks were made didn't really affect the proceedings -- including the fact that the show is notoriously bad at its stated goal of creating a lasting love match.

After listening to the latest Bachelor, Charlie O'Connell, however, ABC's hype becomes a little easier to believe. A self-described "jeans guy," the actor ("Sliders," "Cruel Intentions") and brother of "Crossing Jordan" star Jerry O'Connell says he didn't want his time on the show to be too formal. "I thought it would definitely be a better way to portray myself," the 29-year-old says. "I'm not trying to fake who I am -- I'm more of a jeans guy. So I think that's the best way for the girls to get an idea, because we have to like each other. I'm definitely not Mr. Right. I'm just a guy that likes to laugh and have a good time."

The tone for the new season, which opens at 9 p.m. ET Monday ( March 28 ), is set rather quickly as the 25 women arrive in New York to meet the Bachelor, whom they haven't been told about yet. After settling in to their hotel, the women are told that the usual limos-and-cocktail dresses first meeting is out, and they have only a few minutes to make themselves presentable for him. "That was very mean to do to the girls," O'Connell says with a laugh. "I definitely felt for them. I think if I could have done it over again, I maybe would've put on my pajamas to make them feel more comfortable."

The pressure shifts to O'Connell rather quickly, though, as he basically goes through a speed-dating session from which he must hand out two roses -- and send five of the women packing. "That day, I thought I was meeting 25 girls and I'd be able to take it in and have some time," he says. "What I found out was, I didn't have any time. Everything was done in this rush-rush way ... I was extremely nervous."

He eventually got over his nerves and says he's "very proud" of how things progressed from there. In a first for the show, the producers are letting O'Connell spend time with his final two choices between now and the May finale. In the past, the Bachelor/ette and his her chosen mate had to endure several months of forced separation between the taping and airing of the show. Still, O'Connell says the fact that he's now seeing two women he presumably has strong feelings for isn't exactly a stroll in the park. "It's something that's just become tougher," he says. "We'll see what happens." :roll:

Still not watching!

I know that I should probably give up on the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise but I just can't seem to stop watching this trainwreck - it's too darn fascinating! So bring it on! (Although I won't be holding my breath for any wedding proposals or anything this time...:roll:)

Guest XandraSkye

Update about a previous Bachelor show. I was reading my March 7th edition of US Weekly and there was a small little article about Mary and Byron and it seems like things are still going very well for them.

And I didn't watch last night's show. I was tempted but I resisted.

I clicked over to the show during commercials from what I was watching. It doesn't look like it'll be any good. Charlie is annoying, I hate his voice, and he is ugly. The girls probly just want to get closer to his brother and other celebrities. And one girl stripped down into her bikini then when she got dresses, she gave him her top, she had no class at all.

mrs.p he got rid of her, by the end of the show last night she told him she loved him :shock:

I thought that it was very entertaining, but to steal a quote from moody....shiny things distact me 8)

Okay, I know I wasn't the only one watching!! Fess up, who else watched?

Ok, I watched it..... :roll:

I watched it at a friend's place and I must say that I was ready to walk out of there less than halfway through! Charlie is an arrogant sleazy, slimey, pervy guy!! He definitely seems to be in it to "score" and to further his fame (well, he's not famous but his brother is so maybe Charlie is also trying to become well known in the movie biz). The girls were catty, pathetic and had no class. This has so far been the worst Bachelor in my opinion..... :x

I thought that it was funny, Charlie's behavior. I guess that is because I don't take the show seriosly anymore. I don't believe for one second that he is there to find his true love. I enjoyed that they let the girls talk to each other during the rose ceremony. As far as reality goes it is annoying the way they all behaved but for entertainment value, I enjoyed it!

I too thought it was very entertaining. He seems to be there just to gain more fame and to have fun, so I'm not watching for a romantic connection this time around.

I didn't watch the Bachelorette this last time, and I wasn't going to watch this, but I had to check it out since I like Jerry O'Connell.

I like the changes where they are fighting for group dates and get to call each other out at the rose ceremony. I think some (most) of the women are appalling, but still entertaining to watch. This guy is not attractive to me either.

I think it's also about time that they gave him picture cards with the names of each girl so he can have an easier time remembering who is who.

Reality TV: Trashy girls/guy say 'I Do' to anything on new 'Bachelor'

By Kara A. Medalis, The Stamford Advocate

"The Bachelor" is back, and sinking to new lows. The ABC show, which was once lovely and romantic, now looks like a primetime version of "Girls Gone Wild."

Charlie O'Connell (yes, actor Jerry O'Connell's brother) is a Bachelor who seems like he's out for a good time, not out to find a future Mrs. O'Connell. In Monday's two-hour premiere, he narrows the field of bachelorettes from 25 to 12, but it isn't a pretty sight.

These girls aren't the sweet Estellas, Merediths, Kelly Jos and Jessicas of "Bachelor's" past. But then again, Charlie acts pretty dopey, too. What's the draw here -- that he's Jerry O'Connell's little brother?

• The girls are not all that attractive. I'm not saying looks are everything, but on "The Bachelor," they usually play a big role. These girls look like they've been around the block, and several stopped off at the plastic surgeon along the way.

[*]The lack of clothes on these women is shocking. Swimsuit model Kristine strips down to a string bikini on her two-minute date with Charlie, then takes off the top and gives it to him after putting her dress back on. That's just trashy!

[*]There's too much spit-swapping for the first episode. Katie kisses Charlie on their two-minute date (he sends her home quick), and Sarah W. makes out with him on the group date. It's too bad, Sarah is one of the cuter girls, but her behavior isn't.

The majority of these women come off as desperate, slutty and pushy. Geitan -- who claims she's 30 (right) -- leaves after her group date at the club because she doesn't want to dance sleazy like the others. I almost named her Crybaby of the Week for quitting, but I give her credit for shamelessly returning for the Rose Ceremony. Her arrival kicks the final scene into high gear as the women start verbally attacking each other and Charlie. Danushka (sunglasses girl) loses all chances for getting a rose when she calls Krisily (body shot girl) a slut. I'm glad Charlie doesn't give Geitan a rose -- she doesn't belong with these girls. "Some of these girls are so nasty, I would be scared to sit on their toilet seat," she says. You go, girl.

The show has lost its predictability -- its usual cutesy scenarios are gone. What happened to the Bachelor asking "Will you accept this rose?" Sure, predictability can be boring, but the show's new formula of "no gowns, limos or rules" isn't improving "The Bachelor." I'm all for a little trash in reality TV, but this show makes me feel dirty. Of course I want to see what kind of reality TV disaster couple will come of season seven, so I'll probably end up tuned in to ABC on Monday nights at 9 when I probably should be watching something of quality, like the last few episodes of "Everybody Loves Raymond" on CBS.

OMG, the article hit the nail on the head! That is exactly what I thought of The Bachelor (I talked about it in an earlier post). One thing I had always enjoyed about The Bachelor is that it was relatively more tasteful than the other dating shows (such as Joe Millionaire, For Love or Money, Average Joe etc). Unfortunately, The Bachelor has sunk to new lows. Charlie has absolutely no charisma, class or any endearing qualities and the women are definitely a departure from "sweet"! If this is a way for the producers to vamp up the flailing show and create a renewed interest in it, then they have failed miserably!

Thank you Jem, for posting that article...I am glad to see that I am not alone in my disgust.

'Bachelor' Women Search for One Shining Moment

By Rick Porter

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) So it's Monday night (April 4), and we go from the sublime -- an extremely well-played championship game in the greatest sporting event in this country, the NCAA tournament -- to "The Bachelor."

I know the phrase usually goes "from the sublime to the ridiculous," but same difference.

We open the show (which, mercifully, doesn't start on the West Coast till after CBS brings the tourney curtain down with "One Shining Moment") with 12 women remaining after last week's rose-a-rama, which saw Charlie O'Connell handing out flowers on five separate occasions and the women ramping up their competitiveness (read: cattiness) while the cameras looked on gleefully. Episode two offers more of the same, as Chris Harrison drops the next changeup on the women. Two of them will get individual dates based on their supposed compatibility with Charlie, but if he doesn't give that woman a rose on the date she (cue ominous music and quickly edited looks of shock) will. Go. Home.

Megan, the Floridian who fancies herself a sweet Southern belle, gets the first one and decides that what's really going to hold her back on this date is her hair. Charlie, it seems, has a thing for blondes, having booted a bevy of brunettes last time. So she goes lighter, and though the other women tell her how great it looks, after she leaves they immediately launch into a debate about whether her new hair is actually blonde or just frosted.

Megan also has to pack before leaving, in case Charlie doesn't give her a rose and sends. Her. Home. Her bags look an awful lot like the ones getting hauled away in the show-opening teaser, which probably isn't a good sign, either for Megan or for the fact that the producers even care about suspense this time.

The teaser turns out not to lie, and after a somewhat awkward dinner, Charlie apologizes and sends a tearful Megan away to consider whether a dye job was the right way to go. Back at the house, the other women gawk as the Valet of Doom removes Megan's things.

Tall Sarah, who showed some considerable spark with our boy last week, gets the other solo date. They go to a brewery, and everything's nice. Sarah doesn't care about the rose, and Charlie is genuinely taken with the lanky blonde (whose job has been upgraded to "assistant fashion designer"). It's kind of sweet, even. Sarah seems like she just might rise above the extra-catty fray.

Until, that is, she goes on a little rant later about how hard her life has been because she's so pretty, and all the girls have always hated her back to first grade because boys pay her so much attention. Yeesh.

The group date is a study in mixed signals, as Charlie and the other 10 women hit a rooftop pool and the editors have ample excuse to show off a bunch of bikini shots. At first, Charlie seems to be cozying up to house pot-stirrer Krisily, who seems to be gunning for Jesse Palmer castoff Trish's title as the all-time love-to-hate-her "Bachelor" gal. But then he has a rather genuine-seeming talk with quiet single mom Kara and gives her a rose. The shot of them making out is tastefully long-focused, perhaps so as not to traumatize Kara's child.

Of course, after returning from the pool, Charlie once again is mesmerized by swimsuit model Kimberley's chest, and she gets the second group-date rose. Her plan, she confides to the camera, is to be as sexy as possible. As a strategist, she probably won't be remembered alongside Patton or Napoleon. But sometimes the simple stuff is what works.

The rose ceremony is somewhat more reserved than last week, although the women still get to speak their minds. Krisily beats her competitors to the punch by telling Charlie not to believe it when everyone else calls her a bitch, making Kerry's and tall Sarah's protestations to the contrary fall a little flat.

It works, I guess, as Krisily gets her rose, along with Jenny, Kindle, not-tall Sarah and Kindle. Kerry, Gina Marie and Carrie go home, and despite Harrison's voice-over, not one of them seems broken-hearted. Kerry is at least vindictive, calling Krisily "white trash" in her exit interview.

Charlie closes the show by marveling at how happy each of the remaining women is to be one of eight still dating him. Thank goodness for the big lug; he seems to be the only one on the show taking it just as seriously as it needs to be.

Thanks for the info, Suds. I can't believe he would choose her...she's so slutty...all the things she has done so far to get his attention... :roll: Well, I guess Charlie just wants to have a "good" time!

LOL :D

I think the Bachelor formula may have changed...I don't think the end point is meant to be a proposal any longer....I think they've now left it as a "let's see what happens" kind of thing. The one he chooses in the end is probably meant to be the one he's going to date, not marry, which is probably more realistic but also takes away from the fairytale ending....

Guest Anonymous

Hey Suds -- I only watched the last 5 minutes of the last episode. The whole concept of a group of women fighting over some guy doesn't entertain me much -- but mango -- I did notice that you thought the Edmontonian girl was "slutty". I grew up there. Its in the water. :wink: :lol: