Dan - Week 5

CeCiMom

Best alliance right now would be Michelle, Memphis, Dan, then Keesha & Renny, with maybe Libra as the clueless sacrificial lamb.

Or even just Memphis, Dan, Keesha & Renny after Michelle gets Libra out and follows her right out the door the next week. A potential two weeks of safety for everyone else with a solid alliance leftover to pick off A&O and Jerry.

Jerry's time is coming to an end though. I wouldn't put it past Michelle to check her pride and just muscle him out the door for an easy truce-driven week.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with Dan right now (I just read the feed updates and i've been working the evenings the past several days). Did he really give his word seriously to both sides? I know he swore on the bible for evicting Jessie (which he did)- did he committ as hard to the other side as well (from what I read with that side he wasn't making strong promises). Seems like they're most likely overreacting given the fact that he was the swing vote they were hoping to have to keep Jessie in.

Still a Dan fan though, he made his bed with AP, and for $20,000 in one week I can't really blame him. He needed to play osme things down, but with the heat on him right now it is an important time for him to stop throwing comps and play.

I think it's weak and dumb of the HG (especially Jessie- wait till you realize America voted you out) to attack Dan for his religon, but i guess being open about your religon, then you automatically open yourself up to being attacked for the "OMG your a christian and you lied!!!!" It's not a pretty situation, but you have to prepare yourself to face taht going in. I still think Dan is one of the more upstanding HG, he doesn't sit around and badmouth people, and regardless of sides he's trying to be sociable and respectful to everyone. I think it's one thing to be playign the game and another to be sitting around bashign people.

I'd love a Dan-Renny-Memphis alliance core, but right now I don't think Michelle would be willing to align with them (unless Memphis can work some serious magic on her and spin things back on to April).

Lol, now they're all convinced Dan is America's Player and Jerry is defending him now and blaming it on Big Brother.

EDIT: Scratch that, now Jerry's back to trashing Dan for taking his cross off before voting for Jessie. The same asshole that forgets he took off his Marines hat to make screwing over Brian okay to do.

I think it's weak and dumb of the HG (especially Jessie- wait till you realize America voted you out) to attack Dan for his religon, but i guess being open about your religon, then you automatically open yourself up to being attacked for the "OMG your a christian and you lied!!!!"

I missed the feeds if he actually did swear on the Bible or swore in God's name, but if he did then it should be open criticism on bringing religion into the game in the first place, even a dumber decision when you have no say in the final eviction. Granted, Jessie's little comment on Julie's couch was vindictive and came off looking petty (since he was out of the house) but I can understand his anger and frustration. Honestly, I could care less what or who he swears on, he came off looking like a fool when he was trying to play both sides.

Dan has no one to blame but himself. His mother was right, taking the AP task is the dumbest thing you could have done when youre trying to a play a game of laying low (IMO its right up there with Marcellus not using the veto). Before the AP option, Dan had the best position in the house and I was pretty certain he could have made it to final 3 for sure. He had 2 sides willing to go at each other and do all his dirty work for him in taking out the big guns...why screw that up? After all that work in getting the target off him during the "Get Brian and his friends out" days I have no sympathy for him.

Anybody dumb enough to believe a solemn promise on the Bible, children, dead relatives, etc. in this particular game deserves the betrayal the comes later on down the road. This show has been on 10 seasons and people still value the "pinky swear" kind of shit. Acting like it really matters that you gave your word in a game where the very foundation is self preservation. That you have to hang yourself in this game to honor a promise to relative strangers and go home and tell your loved ones "Sorry, I had to keep my word with the batshit crazy 70 year old Marine. I'll try out for Amazing Race and then maybe we can afford Little Bobby's heart transplant."

We all know by now how self-destructive AP can be. Too many idiots vote for their favorite so they can laugh at "cute" shit like hugging Jessie. Not realizing the power they would have as viewers if they pulled their head out of their ass and picked a villain as AP.

neuro -- Dan put his hand on the bible with the K/L/R group to evict Jesse. With Ape/HOllie, when they would ask if they had his word, he would say things like, "Why would things change?" or "I didn't realize their was dissension among the ranks." I don't know what he specifically said to tHeMan/Manchelle.

Dan is my fave.

i continue to be SHOCKED with myself that i like dan so much. i hate when he's trashed. and i don't think he hid behind his religion...i think other people sought him out. i really think it's ok even for catholics to lie in a game about LYING! he can go to confession when he gets out; he'll maybe get 2 hail marys and an our father! he's a good kid.

My first post (I think)- so hello to Morty's. I've lurked for a long time (I LOVE this place).

Anyway, as a Dan fan, I hate to see them trashing him. To go after his religion is mighty low, considering this is a GAME, and none of them carry the title of "Innocent Saint". I think he regrets taking the America's Player role, but I think he voted the correct way. Aligned with April, Ollie, Jessie & Michelle, he was the 5th person of a 2 couple alliance. Not the best for his game. I won't count Jerry in that alliance because he aligns himself with the HOH of the week, not to be trusted. Dan was viewed as a floater, so they'd get him out as soon as Libra & Keesha were gone. I think if Jessie stayed, that 4 person couple alliance wouldn't have needed Dan for the game. They could have used Memphis as their 5th person, not Dan or Jerry. Memphis would have worked his way back, even if he was mad at Jessie for abandoning him when they were on the block.

I think Dan is in major trouble, unless he can lay low and get out of the way of everyone going after Libra. I predict Keesha or Renny get HOH next week, so April, Ollie & Jerry end up in the line of fire. Michelle & Dan will hopefully see that they fall outside both alliances and make one of their own. Michelle is angry now, but I think Libra will ultimately be the target, not so much Dan.

The show needed a major shake-up, and we got one. Dan needs to play the game now, but I'm all for him seeking redemption from Michelle and laying low till she needs him. The only players I like are Dan & Renny, so I don't care if the rest of them fight to the death. :)

(Edit to add, definitely NOT my first post! I missed last season, it's been a whikle)

BkylnKel very good post.

Wow I was really shocked at all the hate flying at Dan from some of the houseguests. For Jerry to spew such hate for him for breaking his word is just ridicules. There has been so much lies and deceit in the BB house and they zero in on Dan who had lied the least just because he is religious. I don't think he has thrown religion in their faces or hid behind it as far as I can see. I think he is a pretty decent stand up guy. Why so much hate for Dan?

Another thing if they really do think he might be America's Player they would be smart to be nice to him as to not piss off America. You would think these stupid people would figure out that it might be good to stay on America's side.

I hope that they focus on the bigger targets and leave Dan out of it for now.

I like Dan a lot. I think he hendled the situation as best he could. He did swear on the Bible for Renny, which I didn't agree with, but he did no such thing for the others. The fact that April's pawn was evicted should come back to bite her hard.

The houseguests are a bunch of spoiled brats this season. The HOH's expect everyone to vote as directed, while America rolls it's eyes and switches the channel. If any of them are fans of the show (Hi Jerry), then they know how irritating & boring the show gets when it's so predictable. I think the AP was brought back just to shake the house up. I think Dan was the perfect choice for AP, because even though he's hated by some people now, as a previously good guy, he has a real chance to bounce back from this. Bigger Fish to fry in that house of horror. Maybe Keesha will go soon so Renny & Dan can have a solid alliance.

It's so clear many of them have never watched the show - especially when they showed the "wake up" calls - Keesha for one was running around asking what is this? HELLO - if you'd ever watch the show you'd recognize these recycled twists, hun!

Well Renny did blindside him with the Bible. She had it in hand waiting for Dan to come in the room then she pulled it out and ordered him to swear. He was kind of blindsided with the Bible swear. I think with the others he just said words like OK or I am going with the group. (not saying what group)

I am feeling sorry for Dan.America bit him in the ass.

America didn't bite Dan in the ass....he's the one who accepted AP in the first place knowing full well it could have gone either way.

Also, if it were Libra, not Michelle who won hoh, then we wouldn't be talking about any of this.

I'm really not worried about Dan this week. I think he's the type of player who can pull this off and still come out with a good group of people on his side. The only one who doesn't like him is Jerry... big whoop!

He earned every penney of that money, imo. Seeing Jessie on the show this morning with Julie made me quite ill. He is so full of himself. Hope he grows up a bit soon.

I was worried about Dan last night, but I think he'll be fine.

He did just the right thing, took himself out of the mix until things cooled down and then tried to ease back in with the people important in this game.

Jerry & Ollie are the most hostile toward him, because they thought they could work him. Jerry made me sick, every time he told Dan, 'I/we saved you, you owe us"........they thought they were so smart and could play Dan and now they have to face that they're losers, in every aspect of the game.

Dan and Libra are my favorites. They are running this house IMO.(well they were) April has got some nerve saying she's embarassed that he is the same religion as her(something like that). But she's the one having sex with Ollie(the so called preacher's son) every night. I can't stand the way jerry and ollie trash dan.

Archived