Jerry - Week 4

CeCiMom

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Jerry is following people around because he's the odd man out with the major alliances. He's always been an easy eviction for an HoH that didn't want to rock the boat.

Maybe Libra's paranoid because people reallly are gunning to get rid of her. She's come very close by being backdoored when her own alliance is HoH.

HOLY CRAP...people may actually be playing the game of Big Brother...and doing well despite the odds...will wonders never cease...

Some at Morty's already know for 6 yrs I have been a caregiver to my 95 yr old MIL, moving from California to Ohio, leaving my children, grandchildren, job, friends and even husband behind. (He retired the 4th year and now is here in Ohio helping). At first I went for a months vacation to be with kids/friends, but noticed 10 to 12 days into trip, I'd be calling more and more times a day to check on her. On the 2nd year, I only managed 3 weeks, by the 3rd yr 2 weeks, and now I don't go at all. I can plan on the phone ... "Oh sounds good, will come out in..." but that thought last about a day and I start to worry "what if?" As her age, and health deteriorates, I can barely leave the house for a couple hours a day without a worry or concern of some sort.

Believe I have some who say, "Oh, come on Sue, Its not your mother". Sorry no matter what her real relationship to me is ... I love this lady like she WAS my mother and just wish I could relax for a 4 day respite. When she is in respite the next time, hospice tells me they are stealing my cell and changing their number!! How Jerry can take 3 months is beyond my comprehension...it must be awful important to him and his wife for him to do this either for himself or the money (as they will need it with her health issues)....just know I couldn't!

just notice i'm in Libra thread... :animated_scratchchin:

Wow, Suezeque, I really admire your dedication. Family is family and we all need to stick together. Nursing homes/assisted living facilities employees are hard working and under paid and under staffed. If you care about your loved one but don't have $150,000 per year (or more) for round the clock one on one attendant care, it's best if you can at least have them nearby and be there day in day out. Honey, your husband lucked out the day he met you!!!

wow, suez. You're one in a million, or maybe your MIL is (probably both of you). You're blessed to have a MIL you love so much. I didn't realize I loved my 'ex' MIL until after I divorced her son. I used to think she was a nosy witch. Now I love her and we get along great when we see each other, only a couple of times a year though. I apologized to her years ago, telling her that I never appreciated her the way I should have. I now get along wonderfully with all my ex in-laws. (They now understand why I left since they have to deal with my crazy ex. lol.)

Jerry could make a fortune if her were to record a cd ....the cure for insomnia! :sleepy:

he is putting me right out with his droning on and on... :sleep1:

I just wanted to say that I have heard over and over again that people are wanting to know why people aren't mad at Jerry about leaving his wife while sick, and they want to say she can't speak for herself, but that's not true... She has parkinson's, it makes you tremor, or shake, it has NOTHING to do with her memory or dementia... I should know, my husband father had the same and so does my mom... Both of whom lived lives with wonderful minds... My husband father was a research scientist and lived to be 79 and VERY much in his right mind until the day he passed, and my mom also is very much in her right mind at 71... For Jerry's wife to be having dementia due to Parkinson's it would have to be very late stage, and then it might not happen... It's only something that COULD happen...

People with idiopathic Parkinson's disease may develop several symptoms over time, but they typically develop the primary symptoms bradykinesia, tremor, rigidity, and parkinsonian gait. Most people with Parkinson's do not develop all of the symptoms associated with the disease.

The disease may progress quickly or gradually over years. Many people become profoundly disabled and others function relatively well.

Symptoms may vary from day to day or even moment to moment. There is no clear reason for the fluctuation of symptoms. Variance may be attributable to the disease process or to antiparkinson medications.

Primary Symptoms

Bradykinesia is slowness in voluntary movement. It produces difficulty initiating movement as well as difficulty completing movement once it is in progress. The delayed transmission of signals from the brain to the skeletal muscles, due to diminished dopamine, produces bradykinesia.

Tremors in the hands, fingers, forearm, or foot tend to occur when the limb is at rest but not when performing tasks. Tremor may occur in the mouth and chin as well.

Rigidity, or stiff muscles, may produce muscle pain and an expressionless, mask-like face. Rigidity tends to increase during movement.

Poor balance is due to the impairment or loss of the reflexes that adjust posture in order to maintain balance. Falls are common in people with Parkinson's.

Parkinsonian gait is the distinctive unsteady walk associated with Parkinson's disease. There is a tendency to lean unnaturally backward or forward, and to develop a stooped, head-down, shoulders-drooped stance. Arm swing is diminished or absent and people with Parkinson's tend to take small shuffling steps (called festination). Someone with Parkinson's may have trouble starting to walk, appear to be falling forward as they walk, freeze in mid-stride, and have difficulty making a turn.

Archived