Voting Do-Over?

nebartist

Some of the numbers were wrong below is an example..The 3s on the bottom are wrong. This happened to Mikalah, Jessica, and Anwar

ai_mistake-screen1.jpg

This is from an article...link to full article below

Results Show To Air Thursday, March 24

Due to an error with the graphics shown on-screen (incorrect voting numbers were displayed) during the performance recap at the end of tonight

American Idol 4 runs wrong numbers; episode will re-air tonight, results Thursday.

During Tuesday evening's American Idol 4 episode, the wrong phone numbers were displayed for three of the remaining semi-finalists. Phone numbers listed during the final recap -- of the episode that aired on the east coast only -- were incorrect for Mikalah Gordon, Anwar Robinson, and Jessica Sierra. Citing an "insider at the Fox network," TVgasm first reported that FOX will reair the episode tonight with the correct phone numbers, broadcasting the results show on Thursday evening instead of Wednesday. Reality TV Magazine first reported the details about the incorrect numbers:

The number for Mikalah was supposed to be 1-866-43657-09 but the text on the bottom of the screen showed 1-866-43657-01 (which is the number for Anthony Fedorov). For Anwar Robinson the screen text at the bottom showed 1-866-43657-02 (which is the number for Carrie Underwood). Anwar's correct number should have been 1-866-43657-10. Finally, for Jessica Sierra the screen text at the bottom showed 1-866-43657-03 (which is the number for Scott Savol). Jessica's correct number should have been 1-866-43657-11.

Guest RogueyStars2004

I don't know why people would wait until the final re-cap to write down the numbers. I already know every week that the number is gonna be 1-866-436-57 something. Each week, I write down all my remaining favorites and follow their name with the incomplete number. I then fill in the final two numbers as they perform. I already have all the numbers set to vote before the last person even sings. I had all the write numbers down and I voted a lot last night. I hope I don't have to vote again. I really hope that all my votes count from last night. I hate to think I spent two hours on the phone voting for no reason.

~RogueyStars2004

Guest Anonymous

They're just going to replay the show though aren't they? Or do they all get a second chance to sing the song after hearing the responses?

Guest Anonymous

Won't watch it either way. I can't vote anyway and I really don't want to hear Mikala hit MORE wrong notes.

Guest ranster627
It was still on my channel guide.

But I just popped over to FOX. Tomorrow's AI 1/2 hour results show will be on at 9:00 pm EST, followed by the new show "Life On A Stick" (which originally was supposed to debut tonight but got bumped because AI had to expand to 1 hour).

Thanks ... you are a life preserver in the wave of life!

OMG

I dont want to hear that Mikala sing again!!!

I was hoping to here her only sing one more time---where they make the losing contestant sing the song that got them voted off!!!

that girl she sound like she has cotton balls in her mouth when she sings she is just AWFUL!

Guest Anonymous

Yes I was thinking the same thing -- I'd be surprised to find out that she's had any training at all. A trained vocalist knows better than to sing out their nose. It reminds me of eloquition classes where they used to put marbles in people's mouths.

But.... other than Mikala -- I am finding myself wondering if any of the others will do better tonight. They've seen the crowd reaction the first time. They've heard the judges critiques. How many will play that to their advantage.

Ok -- I'll probably watch. lol

Oh.... but did anyone notice last night when Simon tore into Mikala -- and NO ONE in the audience made a sound?

Guest Anonymous

But... Fran knows how to read the audience. I'm not sure Mikala has even clued in that she's in a competition and that there are others a whole lot better than her. If she can't read the audience in a competition -- I can't see her acting either. Last night she just annoyed me. Like a spoiled little girl who thinks she can sing. I kinda feel sorry for her -- didn't expect to say that!!

Guest conniejoe
Well, for my part, I plan to chew on aluminum foil during Mikalah's performance. It will be a more enjoyable experience than listening to her yet again.

I agree Rox

'listening' to the show while I catch up on Morty's thread.....

as I said last nite.... 75% (posssibley more) were PITCHY ..... it didn't change overnite :roll:

The show-manship is improving each week tho.

Wonder if anyone changed how they voted last nite :?:

Guest Anonymous

Can't vote -- but watching as much of it as I could handle a second time....

during Anthony's performance, I channel hopped.

during Nikko's performance, I made a cup of tea

during Mikala's performance I read my book.

This bugs me in a way -- I like Anthony. But arrrgh -- boring!!

i cant believe Mikala just didnt say

well yeah i sucked but give me another chance! She was awful just awful and it must have been embarassing for her to sit there and watch that horror show of hers again.

She was no where near anyone else last night or tonight or is is memorex!

Guest conniejoe

I have to keep remembering that Mikalah is just a 17-year old girl. She is certainly a brave little soul to get up there and try to keep up with the competition. It is quite apparent that she is out-matched by the rest. Nonetheless, she gets up on stage and tries, and I give her props for that.

People who continue to vote for her are certainly doing her a disservice and being very cruel. She knows that she is out of her element. Every day she remains in the competition, is just prolonging her agony. For those of you who are fans of hers, please let her go.

She needs a voice coach if she really wants to perfect her instrument. In time she can realize her dream with hard work, practice and time.

Guest Anonymous

I agree -- she's not ready. She keeps trying to sing music far too old for her -- too cabaret. And she does need voice training. More -- she comes across as someone who just doesn't get it. Like a lot of the people who can't hear themselves who try out, she doesn't seem to "hear" herself. I think its going to be hard on her -- I don't think she'll be around next week.