Paula Abdul

salter-path

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice Paula abdul tonight, she seem to be acting kind of strange...hyper you might say. Anyone else notice the change in her demeanor. Just observing.

Jinx

I most definitely did notice Paula's stranger than usual behavor. In fact I commented that she appeared to definitely be under the influence. I also noticed that she was only "proud" of three contestants rather than six or seven. At one point, she said she was "speechless" and I found this a comical admission since she's often speechless and without her hands and quirky facial expressions, she'd be a mannequin (except for her fiesty and oftentimes innapropriate outburts at Simon or Randy). Guess I'm in a bad mood this morning, but that's how I feel.

actually Paula is on meds, she has serious back problems that require to be medicated (heavily) those were her words!, plus with that darn flesh-eating crap she got from having a manicure( that is what the hand brace was for) she may have to take meds for that also, but i do know that she is medicated alot for her back problems, she says its from all the choreography she has done thru the years plus a bad fall she took years ago while she was a Laker-Girl :wink:

Guest XandraSkye

Ok, I know this doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at hand but.....

Raise your hand if you think Paula and Simon have "knocked boots" at one time or another.

Guest GaYToR
Raise your hand if you think Paula and Simon have "knocked boots" at one time or another.

:roll: I would believe that only if Paula had a secret sex-change operation and then became a crossdresser. ALTHOUGH, I can't imagine anyone doing Simon but Simon. :twisted:

I read somewhere that Paula was involved in a hit-and-run (with a parked vehicle), don't know where I read it, probably on msn home page. She is supposedly facing felony charges.

Jem is usually pretty good at digging up info on this stuff. hint hint

But I know she is slammed with doo doo to do do right now, so I'll see if I can find the article again.

Maybe she's on extra meds trying to stay calm over this felony thing - and they're backfiring!

:wink:

Paula Cops to Smash Hit

By Marcus Errico

Lucky for Paula Abdul that she didn't have to face the legal equivalent of Simon Cowell in court Thursday. American Idol's queen of nice got off relatively easy after being charged with hit and run for trading paint with another car on a Los Angeles freeway last year.

She pleaded no contest to the charge and the judge proved to be as big a softie as Abdul. As a first-time offender, Abdul was put on two years' informal probation and ordered to pay about $900 in fines and fees, along with $775 in restitution to the other motorist. (The misdemeanor count carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.)

Abdul wasn't required to appear in the Van Nuys, California, court, and her attorney, Neil E. Meyer, entered the plea on her behalf. "She is pleased the matter could be resolved today in traffic court," Meyer said. "Unbeknownst to Paula, there was some minor contact between the tire of her car and another vehicle on the roadway," said Meyer.

"This week, after learning that it had been determined that her car was actually involved, Paula immediately took full responsibility and paid $775 to repair the minor property damage," continued Meyer, who described the damage as a "paint scrape."

Guest ranster627
I really like Paula

But she seemed out of it again last night

She even seemed lost at times when she was speaking

Actually, I understand where you are coming from ... I just thought it was the way she spoke ... like she thought out everything or was struggling to find words ... some people are like that ....

BUT I will defer to other people on this one, I never really considered that she might be "on" something ....

It always occurred to me that she seemed slower beside Simon?

Guest Angel

I think she had to be on something to give Anwar the rave review that she gave him!I really liked him in the beginning,but I've been disappointed in his performances the last 2 weeks.Especially last night!I didn't like it at all.But seriously,she didn't look quite right last night.Her eyes had a glassy look to them.

She seemed more with it on the results show.

Maybe she is on some type of meds that the only takes everyother day or something.

She seemed much more clear headed--yet on the results show they pretty much just sit there and clap.

Guest ranster627

Given Paula's strange behaviour and the recent charges, I would like to see her moral's clause in her contract.

I have a weird question ... I thought she was in a very serious accident way back when ... if that is the case, I wonder if she is on pain killers that affect her behaviour?

Guest ranster627

Seen that one Suds ... and thanks ...

BUT I meant she was "in" an accident a few years back, wasn't she?

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name