Vent Here If You Hate This Season

unknown08

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wicked-I dont know if that comment was directed at me, but if it was im sorry for having a different opinion than yours.

This thread is called "vent here if you hate this season" not "Call everyone who hates this season a crybaby''.

For me Romber and Ray and the departure of Deb/Bianca ruined this season. 

Someone should make a love thread since it seem like many disagree with me, and thats fine, but you dont see me calling them names.

Im not a Red Sox fan, but I do hate the Yankees.

I don't give a flip about the Red Sox or the Yankees but I stand and applaud Spooky and unknown!!!!!!!!!! Romber are capitalizing on their 15 minutes, to win another undeserved million. Amber is the biggest pushover. Rob's karma is building up on him for a real doozy. Maybe it will be after he and Amber are married for a while and she comes to her senses and kicks him to the curb. At any rate, I would rather see fresh faces on TAR, not someone who has already lied and cheated on another show. I still believe this was a ratings boost move on the Producers' part and an unnecessary one at that.

:!:

Guest Anonymous
This thread is called "vent here if you hate this season" not "Call everyone who hates this season a crybaby''.

For me Romber and Ray and the departure of Deb/Bianca ruined this season.  

Someone should make a love thread since it seem like many disagree with me, and thats fine, but you dont see me calling them names.

Im not a Red Sox fan, but I do hate the Yankees.

Again I double that. I stopped speaking out in the Romber fan club -- when I saw this thread I could only think -- thank goodness I'm not the only one. I'm certainly not crying over it. The show has just lost a fan this season -- I'm bored stiff with it -- those who really are there to race are put down because they aren't pushing people around. I've already agreed that Rob did not do anything but get lucky in last night's episode, but a jerk is a jerk whether we see it or not. I agree. For me, though, the departure from "RACE" has ruined the season. If Romber came on the show with the idea of racing through it, that would be one thing, but it really appears that Rob is simply seeking his own show.

This is a discussion board not a "let me make my opion and everyone agree with me board" What would be the point? So you hate Romber.... so now listen to why people don't. No foul.

Guest Anonymous

I have. I did say I don't post in the Romber group anymore. I did at first and I do read it. But I have yet to hear one thing that changes my mind. So I came in here to vent.

I agree with Spooky..I am finding this season fairly boring. I actually have turned the channel a few times or answer the phone. I don't like Romber..or Ray. Romber annoyed me on survivor, and they annoy me now. I don't like to see reality tv people on other shows unless it is an all-star or challenge (I admit it, I just like to see Theo). This show used to be about integrity, but now like all other shows, it's about who is the most manipulative.

Don't get on my case....it makes it more interesting.

Guest Anonymous

I think you hit the nail on the head nicole. Rob got tossed the first time on Survivor -- he didn't win the All-Star. He did propose to Amber -- the one who DID win and thereby claimed a share in her million. As I recall, Amber, then, in her transparent attempt to gain more fame, appeared on another reality show -- Fear Factor -- and now they both show up on AR? What's next -- Rob tries to take over on the Apprentice? No thanks -- as Nicole says -- didn't like either one in Survivor (all three episodes they were on), don't like them now. But the difference is that Survivor is a game of 'outwit, outplay, outlast' AR -- is a race. If it was a downhill ski race the rules would be similar. So would diefying the jerk who locks someone else's ski's up make sense? Not to me.

Technically its not a race in the fact that racers are allowed to catch up at pit stops. So there's nothing wrong with using your brain to manipulate the race in your favor. No one made the other teams not eat the meat.. if the other teams were stupid to follow Rob and Amber and take the 4 hr penalty than why be mad at Rob and Amber? Same with giving them money. Teams have fallen in their traps knowing what type a players they are. So if you want to be mad than be mad at the other teams for being stupid. Lastly just because people you dislike are doing well why do people always say "this season sucks" "i'm not going to watch" "really boring". Those comments suck and are annoying to read and are boring. No offense to you guys just my opinion, but I read 'em anyway.

Ok... I just don't see reality TV as real life but just entertainment like you watch a sitcom or something like that. I think "unscripted TV" would be a better term that reality TV. I did hate Rob and Amber on Survivor but there is just no one that really stands out to like this season so I guess they stand out the most that isn't obnoxious like Lyn and whats his face. Nothing against you Spooky I just like to be the antagonist. So vent away.

Guest bobflow

Only my opinion. Your saying the other teams are stupid because there not as manipulative as :evil: /Amber. Is that how the game shoud be played :?: :?: Also what type of player fits in your philosophy to play these games. I would say they don't have the experience and evilness as :twisted: /Amber,but i surely wouldn't call them stupid!! to some its turns them off. Please do not take this personal this is only my opinion or you can say its a friendly rebutal. I always vote for the underdog"s. LOL

Technically its not a race in the fact that racers are allowed to catch up at pit stops. So there's nothing wrong with using your brain to manipulate the race in your favor. No one made the other teams not eat the meat.. if the other teams were stupid to follow Rob and Amber and take the 4 hr penalty than why be mad at Rob and Amber? Same with giving them money. Teams have fallen in their traps knowing what type a players they are. So if you want to be mad than be mad at the other teams for being stupid. Lastly just because people you dislike are doing well why do people always say "this season sucks" "i'm not going to watch" "really boring". Those comments suck and are annoying to read and are boring. No offense to you guys just my opinion, but I read 'em anyway.

I don't take too many things personally so don't worry about it bobflow. My point was that the people who gave them money to bribe the bus driver and Rob didn't use his and the teams he talked out of eating the meat were stupid to listen to Rob. Because those were IMO "stupid moves". The teams that fall for his trickery are the ones I'm talking about. Hope that clears it up.

Guest Anonymous

Bottom line is this : I cannot in my life, be it entertainment or be it "real life" as its put, tolerate the diefication of wrong-doers. Amazing Race has had really good seasons. What I've loved about it was the challenge people were put to. Rob is not there for any other reason than to give himself more time on the tube. What annoys me most is that he is getting exactly what he's asking for -- but I do believe in Karma.

Robber and Ambush DID do their thing with the Meat Eating challenge.... but Susan and Patrick tried it too.

I bet that if anyone else happens to think of a way to get ahead of the rest... they wouldn't hesitate to try it. IMHO.

(but, has anyone else seen the impression of a horse-shoe in the back of Rob's pants :?: )

I agree the idiots who followed their very enemy were stupid to do so. How odd that they would allow themselves to be manipulated by the very team they are trying so desperately to beat? Ray seems, now anyway, to be the only one who is intent on playing hardball against everyone. Even Gretchen and hubby. If he wasn't such an ass to Deana, I'd be rooting for him. But, like Rob, I'm not fond of arrogant outholes and find it very hard to root for one.

I have no favorites. Actually, the same thing has happened to me as someone mentioned earlier, life stepped in. My Tuesdays are hectic and I have a hard time keeping up with the show in the first place. I tape it and try not to forget to watch it before it gets crazy after Wed and Thurs come around. It's a lot easier not to watch this season. I actually wasn't a huge fan of the show in the first place. I mainly watch to see what the contestants have to do for challenges and where they get to go. I probably shouldn't even give a flip who wins.

That's it. I take that stand. I don't give a flip who wins. Period.

:wink:

It's Robs confidence & arrogance that make him even more HOT to me..

I guess you'd have to be taking him pretty seriously to be offended by his behavior or maybe it's being from Boston and I share his sense of humor. He cracks me up.

Guest Anonymous

Doesn't have anything to do with it for me Cappy. I don't mind his arrogance either -- its his treatment of others that bugs me.

I think Rob has been one of if not the best AR player I have seen. He bribes scams, uses his street smarts and is cocky and arrogant to the other players. There is a million bucks up for grabs here and the other contestants are standing between him and the money!! The way I see it, this means all out war!! Whatever it takes to win!! It's all about the money!!

I also see Rob and Amber showing respect for the different cultures they are experiencing. They are courteous to the locals, always shaking hands and thankful for the help they get. I would say the guy is a pretty good ambassador for his country!!

GO ROMBER!!

Doesn't have anything to do with it for me Cappy.  I don't mind his arrogance either -- its his treatment of others that bugs me.

How is he treating others? Is he going around comparing other teams to an STD? He might be playing agame but he's not making it personal