• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there goes my summer

i have to dvr it

:2thumbsup:

i never care for house design

but last few bb the hg i thought would leave house first won dick and adam :lol:

You won't regret it Ginger. You'll love DVR it's awesome!!!!

We never miss anything now. We love watching at our own leisure and the best part is, we get to FF all the zillion commercials, YAY :animated_bouncy:

Ahem. With regards to DVR. If you have AT&T, get U-Verse. I have it and I love it. I can record up to 4 shows at the same time (Unless if they are in HD. With HD, I can only record 2 HD shows at a time). But still... it comes in handy. It will come in even more handily this fall when Heroes comes back on. LOL

You won't regret it Ginger. You'll love DVR it's awesome!!!!

We never miss anything now. We love watching at our own leisure and the best part is, we get to FF all the zillion commercials, YAY

I just checked the price, $10.00 to rent box and $10.00 per month...not sure if it's worth it for me with the 3 shows that I watch. lol I have to give it serious thought before I commit. :)

Do it Ginger! I think once you get it, you will start finding shows to record. I record BBAD that way if I fall asleep while watching it, I can get up in the morning and get caught up. The other reason I love it is just for the fact that I can pause any show I am watching and let it catch up (while cleaning, cooking dinner, doing dishes, taking the puppy out, etc..) and then I can fast forward through commercials. I HATE commercials!!

Misha, I'm jealous! We can only record 2 shows at a time, and we don't have HD. Although we have the channels for it...and you have to have the DVR box to have HD...I guess that is why. Our cable company sucks here!!

Ginger they failed to mention the best part of having a DVR.....pausing when you get a phone call, kids yell, dogs bark or you just plain didn't hear what was said. Another great feature is that you can check out something frame by frame. Like the BB commercials, when they flash by so fast, I rewind them and go frame by frame to check out exactly what was shown.

If you miss the Early Show on the 8th and 11th ... maybe some kind soul will post a video clip of them here.

Or, at least pics and highlights will pop up .... I'd bet money on that.

:clap: it's getting soooo close :excl:

Ginger - I highly recommend you fork out the $20 a month - it's worth every cent. and who knows, you may find other shows you would want to record (say an old rerun of I Love Lucy) I don't know how we survived without it - I know, I'm Homeboy and I'm a TV Addict! :popcorn2:

Thanks for the input all (as I was reading the posts it's like having my own cheering section for DVR.) :)

Here's the thing, I watch approx 6 shows on a regular basis and two were just recently added. The two on Bravo can always be caught on marathons or the week after before the new episodes. ANTM runs repeats on VH1 or MTV, I forget and I manage to catch up on those. Swingtime can now be seen on the website. One show I buy the videos for and all my cable shows are on "On Demand." That leaves just BB.

As for phone calls, I have an answering machine and caller ID, so if it's not someone I need to speak to at that time of the call, I will just call them back.

When the August comes around I go back to school and I rarely have time to watch tv with classes, full time job, family and social life.

So, unless I start watching more shows, I don't really think it's worth it for me at this time. I really thought this out, unlike everything else I do on impulse. :)

Archived