Shear Genius

FLYNWA

so are so good.

i knew that the do's were going to be cartoon characters.

Oshun ...what a jerk i am glad he was the first to get the boot.

he really was the only one in the group i really detested right off the bat.

Ms J Smith looks F A B!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm enjoying the season so far. Not sure about all their names yet. Charlie is a good hair stylist but, he's arrogant as hell. I'm pulling for ... not sure about her name... Danielle, the cute, blonde with really short hair cut.

OMG the blond guy who left

If i had to hear about his wife one more time i was going to hurl.....i think he is probably gay and in denial and that is why he wanted everyone to know he was straight..not!

the do's this year are not all that great. NOT at all.

I am sure many of their clients are happy they didnt have to pay for their styles.

The only one i have liked so far is the one that won the RWof OC . the young girl with dark hair.

they wont get rid of Charlie ---------------just yet. He has won too many of the comps.

it would look too contrived. Yet as they said before he played it too safe. He needs to step it up or he will get cut...no pun intended.

Also i thought all the wig looks were terrible. the one that won looked terrible. i thought the short blond do was the best.

it totally cracked me up to see that one of the "surfer dudes" getting a haircut makeover was "gaston" from "america's most smartest model". he was the one who got eliminated from that show shortly after astonishing both ben stein & myself by coming up with the word "p*nis" for the list of things he was supposed to call out for his category of "dirty things" (ie: dirty laundry, etc.) while strutting his stuff on the runway. miserably failing what i guess was that show's version of walking & chewing gum, at least he was given an alias and a non-speaking role for shear genius! :animated_rotfl:

I was shocked that they sent Glenda home before Nekisa. But, I'm really glad they did... she rubbed me the wrong way. I think they knew she wasn't going to win this thing and they made her the sacrifice to spark a light under the other stylists arses for not bringing their top game every single comp.

Nicole is still my favorite :) and I thought her new Kate was the one and only cut that was new and fresh. I'm surprised they dogged it cause I loved it.

I agreed with Dee... Charlie's die job didn't deserve the win. I wouldn't of even had him in the top two. Dee was totally robbed of that win. Imo, because her name wasn't Charlie ;)

I agree about Dee too. Although, I really don't like hair like that. But hers looked the best, and turned out the way she planned, so I think she should have won.

I didn't like any of the Charlie's Angels' new do's. The only ones that didn't look old fashioned and over-sprayed were the Kate Jackson ones.

They said they wanted Jaclyn's character to have more of a do like Jaclyn herself had that night, but I have to wonder if someone would have done that, if they would have been criticized for copying. Also, I wasn't that crazy about her do either.

Whatever -- I'm glad they didn't pick a winner.

I haven't watched all these shows, but I know I can't stand Nekisia, or whatever her name is. What a baby!

• 4 weeks later...

This show is ok, but I find parts frustrating. I'm not a hair dresser, but to have them do 4 ladies, in three hours seems a little ridiculous. If it was just cutting and styling, it would be fine, but they always have to color. As with a lot of the previous challenges, they don't seem to allow an even close to reasonable amount of time to do a decent job. I understand that's a big part of it, and people need to be able to think on their feet and be efficient.

I just would have liked to see what they could really do, if they weren't so rushed all the time.

Stupidest challenge ? the one where they had to use food, like honey, molasses, flour, and a variety of other things in the hair. That was just gross.

Also, the models who don't want their hair cut. Why do they agree to be on a show like this if they are completely anal about getting a few inches cut off? Just say no girls!

I was a hairdresser (in my way younger years :)...............before marriage, divorce and having to find more secure employment to raise my kids. The time constraints were ridiculous but one thing I'm happy about is that Charlie didn't win..............I thought they were going to give it to him.

2 seasons in a row that it's been a bs ending.

Charlie won almost 1/2 the "allure" shear genius awards. For him not to win is just ridiculous. With that said, I'm glad he didn't :animated_rotfl: Seriously though he didn't need or want the prizes (except the money.)

So, Dee was the obvious choice put, for me they're not casting the show correctly or a person like Charlie wouldn't even be on it.

Nicole could have used the yr. long internship with Nexxus the most but, she's young and has a really bright future imo. She was my favorite all season.

Charlie grew on me at the end but, really there wasn't anyone else to like except Nicole, imo. :lol:

I guess that was my problem with Charlie too. He was already so successful, by what they said, so why was he even on the show? They might as well have that guy from 'Blow Out' on next season as a contestant. Jonathan something...he was so hilarious on his show, and he wasn't trying to be. Shear Genius needs some totally 'bangin' hair. He would make a pretty good guest judge though...

Jonathan Antin is his name...He was an arrogant SOB. He would have made great TV.

I think he had a falling out with Bravo so i dont think he will be a guest judge anytime soon.

I loved Nicole and wanted to see her win. Glad Charlie didnt win. He is very talented but glad he got knocked off his high horse. He was just a bit too full of himself too.

Dee was a good choice to win. She was okay but for me she did the same haircut over and over.

I liked the texas guy too.

• 1 year later...

Anyone else watching this season?

I can't stand the new host... I find it very difficult to listen to her speak. It seems like they wanted someone along the lines of Padma from Top Chef but, they failed miserably, imo.

Also, for the life of me I can't understand why anyone (let alone a hairdresser) would color their hair that hideous color and expect to be taken seriously.

I'm watching it but I haven't seem last night's episode yet. I totally agree about Camila. Her accent is almost too thick to be clearly understood and she's a model who doesn't cut hair so what does she bring to the show? She's really pretty and looks enough like Padma to make us think she has Padma's class. Even the opening credits have her standing just like Padma. But she's really boring. The show is boring also. Jonathan Antin loves himself too much to be a good judge. The replacement who acts like the Tim Gunn of the show is boring- I can't remember his name. The freaky looking redhead is also boringinly predictable. No standouts. But I'll watch it to the end.

I agree totally that this season is a snoozefest. (I'll watch to the end too :lol:) The two that are called "the twins" are sooo arrogant it makes me want to root for the ugly hair-dye girl but, then she's again no one seems really "stand-out" talented this year. Yes, the guy/girl twins win just about every challenge and are probably the best of the group but, imo... that's not saying much. :D

I agree, i do not like the host either. She almost sounds like a deaf person talking and her accent is very heavy. i have never been a fan of Jonathan Antin since his own show blow out aired. kim vo is jus weird looking. it looks like he has had a lot of work done to his face. i miss Jacquiline Smith as the host. I am routing for either the tattood guy or the hideious redhead to win. I dont like the wonder twins either!

Archived