Is it suppose to be like the Japanese Game show thats ON I forget the name but they seem to be the same. Did you see the one that followed, I survived a Japanese Game Show, WTF? Who doesn't have a reality show now think they've covered everything.

I might have spoke too soon, the reality show that followed Wipeout, "I survived a Japanese game show" is worse than wipeout.

This summer might become known as the summer of trash! :animated_bouncy:

I was think maybe there should a be reality show where divorced couples get remarried and compete against other to see who can conceive a baby. Grand Prize: $50,000

They could be forced to all live in a double wide trailer with a herd of goats.

Then we could have a celebrity version of divorced couples.

Johny Fairplay could be the host.

I would laugh, but then I did see part of Wipeout, and we still have 'moment of truth', 'tila tiquila', 'rock of love', 'Flavor of love, and it's spinoffs.

It's only a matter of time, my friend. :cry:

The show would be much better if they had the Japanese announcers. Just saying.

If I had to chose between watching someone fall into a pit of mud or Rock of Love...I say bring on the melted-faced trannies!!

hmmmm after watching just a snippet of this tragedy i invented my own game

pick up knitting needles and see how far i can stick them into my eye sockets and then into ears.

ahhhhh the suffering is over....good think i heal quickly!

I knew when they announced "Wipeout" that it was going to be a play on MXC. I happened to have liked watching MXC and wanted to see the Americanized version of it. Though some might protest the ripping off of an idea, this has happened throughout television history back and forth through various countries. So this does not really bother me. We get quite a few movie ideas from other countries too.

My husband and I actually watched both programs and while we laughed our tushies off on Wipeout, we also realize that it will probably get old very quick if they don't create new and daring stunts for people to try to pull off. As for the "I survived a Japanese game show", I imagine that there are many people in the United States who truly enjoy the crazy antics that they have on the Japanese game shows and so they would like this show. As far as being "reality TV", that part just really is lame. I am enjoying the crazy antics they have to do though. It shows that when $250,000 on the line, people will do anything.

I still prefer Big Brother though for my reality TV show.

Husband likes these sort of games. I watched I survived a Japanese Game Show and thought it was interesting. Not sure it will be after several episodes, but I plan on tuning in again! Wish there were more competitions like they do in Asian countries because they're usually hilarious ...although sometimes very dangerous.

A long time ago, you could rent Japanese gameshow tapes at Blockbuster. One show was called "Endurance" and I remember it was brutal. I guess it's what Fear Factor was based on, but I remember laughing my rear end off watching the original.

The hubby and I love MXC.....mainly because of the commentary....and what they dubbed over what the contestants say. We'd laugh our butts off. I was going to watch Wipeout but something else came up. I hate when they do a spin off of a show I like and watch it and its a dud! The original reality shows are great......these new reality shows that they're turning out are crap!

jmho :pixiedust:

I was think maybe there should a be reality show where divorced couples get remarried and compete against other to see who can conceive a baby. Grand Prize: $50,000

They could be forced to all live in a double wide trailer with a herd of goats.

Then we could have a celebrity version of divorced couples.

Johny Fairplay could be the host.

You had me interested and ready to watch.....til you mentioned Fairplay!!!! :inquisitive: lol

:pixiedust:

TCS Wrote:

You had me interested and ready to watch.....til you mentioned Fairplay!!!!
:inquisitive:
lol

Adding Fairplay was specifically for you TCS, because I know everytime his name comes up, you go crazy.. :animated_bouncy:

SCRebel scribbled:

This show is great! I love shows that aren't all fluffy and feel good :cough Kid Nation:. The way the announcers go at the contestants for their background was pretty funny. Kudos to this show.

Yeah right, the show is pond scum. Right up there with Temptation Island.

Adding Fairplay was specifically for you TCS, because I know everytime his name comes up, you go crazy.. :animated_bouncy:

You know me too well echo! :animated_shocking: lol

I guess I'll have to break down and watch an episode of Wipeout....and see for myself. The only commercial I saw for it was where they showed a Full Figured Lady bouncing around big balls and falling into some muddy water.

:pixiedust:

Catwoman wrote:

I guess I'll have to break down and watch an episode of Wipeout....and see for myself. The only commercial I saw for it was where they showed a Full Figured Lady bouncing around big balls and falling into some muddy water.

The show might not be too bad if not for the voice over; that is the part I hate the most. "There goes that fatso. HAHA Maybe he now he'll think twice about eating all those twinkies HAHA. How many do you he's eaten in his life time? 100,000? HAHA"

As I said before... I was laughing... my husband was laughing. I didn't hear any overtly horrific voiceovers in the show. Some of the comments were actually very funny. This show will probably only get lame if it doesn't change the courses that they have to go through.

I am actually happy that they are letting all people of all shapes, sizes, etc etc compete.

I am actually happy that they are letting all people of all shapes, sizes, etc etc compete.

I don't mind it as long as the objective is not show some of them as clowns or fools more than the others.

I really enjoy the biggest looser because larger people are treated with respect.

Dude, nothing said was that mean. Nobody was lambasted as being a fat tub of lard and openly mocked for their large frame. There were just some cheap little shots at everyone concerning little facts about them, such as being a Broadway Dancer "Jazz Hands" or working in a Candy Store "Candyman". I seriously doubt anybody was deeply offended at anything said last night. Sometimes you gotta be able to laugh at yourself.

As for the Biggest Loser... come on look at the title of the show and the double meaning of it.

LOL, thanks to that show, "Jazz Hands" is now hubby's favorite nick name for newbies in the kitchen.

The orginal show is pretty brutal to the contestants, so I guess if they want to Americanize it, all is fair game.