Phrases You'd Like To See Go Away....

Ivy

I'm not really sure where this topic belongs, but I'm throwing it in here because it does seem to affect most reality shows.

I'm talking about these phrases that keep getting repeated..... and sometimes misused.... through out most reality shows. They start on one show and seem to spread to others....

A few examples....

--- being thrown under the bus, or in front of.. whatever. I wish they'd just leave the poor buses out of it!

--- put myself out there.... or wishing someone would put themselves out there. Someone somewhere on this forum suggested that should be a drinking game. Chug-a-lug every time you hear it! Good idea! Might make 'The Bachelor / Bachelorette more fun to watch!

--- that being said..... used after every long stupid Big Brother speech, about who's the biggest threat or A- hole...

That being said, I hope I didn't throw anyone under, over, or on top of the bus as I put myself out there to vent a little bit! :P

I know there's more of these things...maybe if we get them all 'out there', where ever 'out there' is, eventually they will disappear!

Phrase: "I'm doing it for my family." I can't stand it because if your family needs money then stop wasting your time on game shows and go out and work for a living. Paycheck guaranteed-winning a game show is not. Who are these people kidding...they are doing it for themselves; a shot at an acting career or quite possibly just plain ole exhibitionist who want to show the world what they are made of (ha ha ha).

Also, the "single-mom" crap gets to me and crying for the kids who were left home. If you're so worried about your kids, then don't leave them. Ugggh!

Other than that, the phrases don't bother me much because they are phrases that are used in "real" everyday life but get "buzzed" when stated on reality shows.

... the ridiculously long pauses before they announce either whoever is going home, or the big winner. Sometimes, they're not even opening an envelope or anything, they just stand there, and stand there.... and stand there...

One I forgot to mention and that I thought might get a lot of buzz, but I haven't heard it too much.... 'hot mess'. They started out on the 'So You Think You Can Dance' auditions, saying that a lot. Maybe it didn't quite catch on, or they haven't found an appropriate place to use it....

Oh yeah ----'At the end of the day..." I've heard that everywhere. I didn't realize it was Dr. Will who started it.

Along with .."This is be the most dramatic rose ceremony ever...', you also have to mention "This is the hardest thing I've ever done." Yeah, until next week, when it will be even more dramatic and difficult..

When did joining an alliance become a rule

Only when a hg is disliked or perhaps envied for some reason or another. But many times they confuse the word "floater" (which I do believe takes strategy to go from side to side) and confuse it with the "do-nothings" who go day to day without taking a side and live in the house without a committment/plan to actually attempt to win the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Step it up!!

-- although the apprentice YouTube a few seasons ago was funny as all get out.

What drives me crazy is the use of a phrase by someone who has NO idea what it means. This past season of BB drove me nuts.

--However, I still love "I'm not your b*tch, b*tch" from Top Chef Dave. Just because he pretty much was, lol

Exactly! When they use these expressions, just because they've heard them over and over, and they have no idea what they mean or where they came from.

'I'm not your b!tch b!tch' is classic. Loved it.

Funniest, because I don't think she had a clue as to why it's so funny - That chick who liked to pray so much on BB a year or two ago.."God bless You God" :lol:

I think the worst is when they talk about being "back doored" (another one I'm tired of) and they don't know what backdooring means. I think Natalie and Shelia were discussing it and there wasn't one active braincell between the two.

IMO, NBC is the worst when it comes to the pregnant pause. Deal or No Deal can probably go an entire hour and only open one case.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived