Non Elimination Legs (NEL)

blondies_fan

Guest bobflow

Special episode of the Amazing Race(March 29th) is two hours long and covers leg 5 and 6. I wondering if there will be a non-elimination leg eppy :?: :?:

Guest bobflow

I agree that would be nice if Deb/Bianca came back. Did they lose because the girls got lost or did it have something to do with the roadblock (eating 4lbs of meat) :?: :?:

Deb and Bianca are coming back??!!  I am up for that!!   :)

• 2 weeks later...

so whats everyone's thoughts on the "new" rule for the non-elimination leg??

The only thing I don't like is taken the little bag that they all get to hold their passports in and stuff. Thats one thing I wouldn't take from them. And not sure about not giving it back to them at all....guess it would make for a great game if last night was a non-elimination leg....OMG! I would love to see the boys racing in just what they had on!! Hee Hee!!

I just wanted to add I love this site!! ya keep the game really alive here!

Guest dk32657

Yes, the plastic bag is pretty unsecure...but it has to be a lot easier to carry than the heavy back packs they were carrying earlier.

I wonder what happens when or if they come to Vancouver, isn't this taped in October/November sometime? I hope they will be provided a jacket when and if they do come to BC.

Guest cappy

Not always flynwa.

In TAR6, teams traveled to Senegal, Ethiopia and Sri Lanka and still had non-elimination legs.

The timing is right for India to be a non-elim leg. Five teams left, they are going to be utterly exhausted when the last person slithers to the mat, not to mention mentally wore to a pulp. No one will be eliminated. The next leg will take them down to four, then three............then there will be one non elim during the race of the final three.

Guest cmteachermom

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure ya'll will ( :D )...but in past seasons hasn't it been 5 teams, elimination, 4 teams, non-elimination, elimination and then the final 3?

Like I said, I could be wrong, but that's what I remember -- although the closer to 40 I get, the worse my memory becomes! :shock:

Not always flynwa.

In TAR6, teams traveled to Senegal, Ethiopia and Sri Lanka and still had non-elimination legs.

i didnt say that every poor country they visit there is a non elim leg

if you re-read my post i said i am sure it will be a non elim leg becuase they always seem to hold them when they are in the poorest of countries

you never see them have a non elim leg in lets say Paris or London or Germany

Linda and Karen were last in an NEL in Egypt and were lucky that they hit the motherlode when a tourist bus pulled up and made it a lot easier for them to beg for money. If that had not happened, who knows how they would have got enough money to get a cab, etc.

Not to let my Paris bias show but I am betting that teams would find more generousity in India than the would in Paris. The French hate Americans -- they forget without us they would all be Germans!