Sign in to follow this  
Sheri

Swingtown

Has anybody caught this yet, I really like the show.............I love the music. It comes on Thursday Nights at 9 central time. I just hope that CBS doesn't cut the show and their are enough viewers to keep it on air.

I've been watching it. Very controversial show so I'm not sure how long it will last. It's enjoyable enough for me to keep watching it... it's a soap opera...knot's landingish (but of course, not nearly as good). I think the sex part of it is being very tastefully done. Love the music too! and the uptight neighbor/bff. lol

Yea that uptight neighbor from the other block is something else.

Hope my Mom and Dad didn't "Swing" :animated_rotfl:

I'm going to watch this show tonight. I knew it was coming on because I remember the commercials when BB was on. I hope I know what is going on (not sure when it started), if I've missed alot.

You've only missed two episodes.

Basically...very basically...think 3 couples...one 'curious' couple moved to a neighboring community next to a couple of 'swingers' (lol), away from her best friend who is uptight as all get out (however, her husband is quiet about it all, so it makes you think he's curious too). Anyway, the 'swinging' couple seem very interested in the new 'curious' couple; and they throw a wild shindig to which the uptight neighbors go also. The uptight wife finds out about the uhh..interesting sex going on in the back room and leaves in a huff with her husband. Later on, the 'curious' couple have an 'encounter' with the swingers (even though now they say they won't do that anymore...yeah, right). Needless to say, the uptight best friend has given the 'curious' wife the cold shoulder for not leaving the party. They tried to make up in the 2nd episode, but uptight wife got mad when she caught 'curious' couple with 'swinging' couple coming home late one night (from the playboy club of all places, although, she didn't know where they were coming from). So, she's back to being uptight.

There are some kid storylines too, but you'll catch up with those no problem.

Oh, and one more thing, 'curious' wife found another woman's phone number somewhere in her husband's stuff after that night at the Playboy club. I think the 2nd episode ended there.

Hope that made sense, grammatical/punctuation errors and all. LOL. enjoy.

Wow, thanks so much Serenity. What you wrote seems interesting and I am now looking forward to watching it tonight. I miss watching these soap opera type shows. The last ones I watched on network tv was - oh geez, can't remember the name, the one with Mischa Barton and then there was the one set in Hawaii about the women who's dad owned the hotel.

I enjoyed both of those shows and again thanks so much for the update.

Ginger

Guest Moxie

When I first heard about this show I expected it to be on the air maybe 3 episodes before a portion of the masses screamed to have it removed from television due to the storyline. Heaven forbid anybody know that sort of thing went on in this country and still does to this day just not at the same level. :P The scare of AIDS really put a damper on that lifestyle.

I've watched the show and thought they've done a pretty good job with it so far. It'll be interesting to see how long it stays on the air.

I've watched both episodes and like the show so far... The uptight friend really bugs me, but every show has to have one I guess... And, on another note, my parents WERE swingers, back in the day... Needless to say I grew up with a few different Aunts/Uncles, lol... So, with that said, I have a different point of view when I watch it, but it is very well done, so far... As far as the kid plots, I'm curious how the girl hiding out in the woods and the son of the curious cpl plays out...

I think the uptight friend needs to try swinging, she reminds me Beaver's Mom and her husband definitely needs to loosen up, poor thing looks like he's scared to death everytime she looks his way.

I have a feeling Susan is gonna try and flip the uptight husband.

Janet actually reminds me more of Bree. . . . always striving to be the perfect housewife. She has an image of what she ought to be like in society's eyes so all her efforts go into that, but somewhere deep inside she really wants to break out of that mold.

Grant Show who plays Tom. . . wasn't he on Melrose Place?

Yeah he sure was Serenity, I think thats why I like his character so much.

I watched it, was able to follow it and will continue to watch. I liked it. I do think the uptight mom will eventually come around, at the end of the show she loosened up a bit, so maybe she'll wind up swinging (on the baby swing.)

Uptight dad looks like he might only be uptight because uptight mom rules the roost. Of course, their kid is headed for hell with his evil ways. Ha Ha Ha!

Of course if everyone starts swinging in town they'll be no story line, so I guess there will always be an uptight mom or dad around somewhere.

I have a question: how old is the school teacher and is it high school? Because, that story line may end up being inappropriate as the one on Desperate Housewives with the older woman and the young guy was.

hmm..not sure how old he is. He looks young, but none the less he IS the teacher. (He's 27 IRL) It's high school summer school. It'll be interesting to see how this storyline develops. (oh, and he has a girlfriend that we saw at the play he invited the girl to)

Serenity, the teacher stated last night that he wasn't dating her anymore, that he had in the past, but they are just friends now... I'm thinking that they are portraying him as early 20's IMO...

Even in his early 20's he has a while to wait for her before it's legal.

But, it does happen because school teachers are getting younger and younger these days. Yes, he did say he broke up with his girlfriend, but I'm suspicious about that; he may have made that statement because he just wanted the girl to hang around with him and count books for the night.

I read a comment about a girl hiding in the woods, I guessed I missed that. Are we talking about the young girl who left the bedroom...the one with the "loose" mom who chose the ugliest guy at the party to go home with?

I'm looking forward to the next episode and what "fun" uptight mom and dad might be planning.

After I watched Woodstock last night, I thought about Swingtown.

"One, two, three what are we fighting for? Don't answer I don't give a damn, next stop is Vietnam?" A little outdated but there is always a "next stop."

I was trying to remember if my parents owned a fondue pot, I don't think so, but it doesn't totally rule out swinging either.

:animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl: At Both of You..........I laughed so hard tears came to my eyes.

Come to think about it, I always wondered where my brother got red hair. :jawdrop:

Just watched the first two episodes...am saving the 3rd for tomorrow night. It took a little bit to get into it but then I started to enjoy the show. So far, so good! And, since I was 12 yo in 1976, I am totally enjoying the music--singing along, recognizing items from the 70's.

I always wondered where my brother got red hair.

Silly, that has nothing to do with a fondue pot, but everything to do with the mailman. :)

*gasp* I have different hair than the rest of the family....WE had a mailman AND a milkman. *faints all over again*

We had a Milkman too...........I think Im related to Serenity.