Legally Blonde Musical - Search For Elle Woods

thesmoggylady

I'm a sucker for the occasional guilty pleasure, and this new MTV show searching for the broadway replacement for Elle Woods fits that in spades. lol. Okay, so I watched Grease last year too. Maybe I just really like the concept of a reality show casting a big time broadway show. Grease actually took the risk of having America vote, but Legally Blonde basically puts the winner in the juge's hands, which I actually like. While the Grease casting ended up working out for the Broadway show, I think it is better for the participants vying for the part not to have to have the added worry of impressing the general public AND the judges. More time can be spent working on the intensive singing and dancing skills that are called for for Legally Blonde. Although some of the songs get annoying, the range required is so vast that it adds a heightened element to the necessity of casting the right Elle Woods. The current Elle is also very popular, so filling Laura's shoes is already a huge feat for whomever wins the title role.

I am curious who is watching and what you guys think so far? Who are your favorites? Although it is hard to get those finalists out of my head that look the most like Reese Witherspoon or have her mannerisms (Emma, Bailey), my favorites are Natalie and Celina. I can't wait for Monday night! It will be the third episode, and there are now 9 finalists vying for the role. Should be interesting.

I have been watching it, and enjoying it. I probably would have missed it, but they replay the episodes often on MTV, so I've been able to catch all of them.

I like Bailey a lot. She looks like Elle and has the right spirit, I think.

I got suckered into this show too. I don't go looking for it, but when it's on I'll watch. All the girls look the same to me, so I don't have a favorite, but I do look forward to the ending when some run off squeeling with delight and the others tell us how they "were made for this and you'll see me in lights one day anyway."

Archived