Farmer Wants A Wife

Joah

Is there already a thread?

Anyway, good golly...could they have picked an uglier guy? Going past the fact that the show just isn't that good (but I'm incredibly bored) ...every episode, my SO and I can't help but mention his looks or lack thereof.

I spend the hour wondering who really likes this guy ...and how long they can pretend they do? I think a few do (like the dark brunette that looks like a mouse) and maybe one of the "virgins." He doesn't even have a nice bod and he's cheesy as hell.

On the flip side, I do think he's a good guy and a girl would be in good hands with him, but he just doesn't deserve his own show. Maybe that's why it's on CW?

He's not without his charm. Although I do agree, not really hot enough for his own show. I wondered if anyone was as bored as I that they actually watch this show. lol I'm glad I'm not the only one. Do you have a fave girl yet? I think I'm rootin' for Brooke (I think she's the one you describe as looking like a mouse). Or maybe Amanda, she seems alright. I can't see any of the others lasting very long on a farm.

I hated Josie but kinda miss her cause at least she kept things comical. lol

So Joah, looks like it's just me and you on this one. lol What did you think of last night's show. Think Ashley (potty mouth) goes next? Will Brooke (girl from TX) ever get a date? How catty will these girls get next week? lol I can't believe how clique-y those three on the porch are each week!

I'm so sorry!! For some reason that channel wasn't working for us last night!!! In fact, I just looked and it's still not working. :(

I'll have to check it out and hopefully can catch up next week. Any more of a recap for me? :)

oh, shoot, you mised a good one. He surprised the girls and came over one night unexpectedly. The sorority girls (that's what I call them, the ones from the couch) were having their usual drink fest. Ashley, the usual quietest of the three, was really getting her drink on! When he got there, all six of them decided to blame some drinking game where you ask a question but insteaad of answering you have to answer in a form of the question. Anyway, she kept asking questions like "Matt, do you want to f* Christa?" "Do you want to f* me?" lol of course we didn't answer just finally asked her if she thought she was being inappropriate. Later, he choose her for the date and they were both so uncomfortable! I think she's going next week.

He sent Lisa packin this week. She's the blond bible-beater with the stripper shoes. lol

Oh, you can watch online, btw, at cwtv.com. I'll wipe out my spoiler stuff so you can read if you want or not. I probably should have started with the link. lol

Thanks for the update!!! I hate missing the good episodes. I'll see if I can get around to downloading it. I'm sure I'll be bored enough. I was wondering when Lisa was going to go!!!!!!!! I'll be sure to catch it this week w/ya! :D

I did!!

I don't like Christa. She's jealous, vengeful, and has a bit of a security complex.

Amanda still seems like a good fit for the country life and for him. Both seem sincere, sweet, and average in looks.

Kanisha is a good person AND likable, but unfortunately I cannot for the life of me see them together. In fact, in the previews I specifically looked to see if he kissed her next week. I want to guess she goes next although it could be Christa's time as well!

Brooke and him have a connection, but she really pushes for it. I want to like her b/c she was my pick from the start, but she's no Amanda.

What did you think of last night's episode? I loved watching them feel for a baby at the eviction ceremony (or whatever they call it). Too funny ....................and gross!!!

What a way to get eliminated! Double humiliation. Loved it.

I have always liked Brooke. She may be annoying to the other girls because they see her as being the best fit for Matt. Christa is just too jealous. She rags on anything Brooke says or does. It's getting old. I was especially pissed when Christa criticized Brooke's faith. And then last night she accused Brooke of kissing up to the townspeople. What's the matter Christa? Are you getting the feeling that the town likes Brooke over you and that they might have some influence on his choice? Gosh. . . whatever she can find to pick on, she jumps right into it. I wish Matt would see how catty she is.

I want to say I feel he can or will read through her. I would peg her for one of those trashy loose girls who did anything just to get approval from the guys (can we say the s--- word? ...thought it may have been removed before on the BB forum) in college.

You guys pegged my feelings exactly about Christa. I just don't like her. Catty and mean and just plain icky. lol I really like Brooke. She's definitely my favorite. I liked Amanda and still think she might be ok, but she's kinda a Christa follower. I wish she'd stand more on her own. And I agree with you about KJ. She seems very nice and genuine but I just don't see them together.

I LOVED the elimination task too (or whatever it's called). Did you notice that when Ashley hugged the others goodbye she kept the arm that went in the cow straight in the air even though she didn't do that when hugging Matt or the other farmers. I guess she figures they're used to the goop. lol

I don't know why, but I'm really enjoying this show. lol

I've seen so many previews for this from that last month or so of my guilty pleasure CW shows -- well, Reaper is a guilty pleasure, Supernatural and Smallville are just wicked. Anyway, I haven't seen it, but it seemed like the way the promos played that the show was sorta intended to be off-brow humor, which would explain the guy not being all that great looking. Also, if the show was doing a stereotypical farmer thing, would we really expect him to be hot? hahahaha. The promos were so funny though that I wouldn't mind checking out an episode for kicks. I'll do that and get back to you guys........

So, what did you guys think?

I was surprised by the double elimination. I knew KJ had to be leaving this week but did not expect Amanda to be joining her. I thought he liked Amanda more than Christa so that he kept the evil one was surprising. lol

I'm hoping they keep showing him being all cutesy (in a yucky way) with Christa cause she's NOT the one he picks. That was so low of her to bring up that old crap with Brooke in front of him. Grow up Christa! She annoys me.

I was very surprised as well by the double elimination BUT not surprised by the end of the show that Amanda was eliminated. It was clear imo that "in this episode" ...she has very little personality and the farmer saw that. Although I still think they would have been a good match!!! I'm glad the other chick left ...her true colors kind of came through when she was eliminated (how trifling she got).

I hate Christa, but you can tell he wants to knock it to her real good. I see nothing wrong with piercings, BUT I just don't see his parents or even him being the type to like a girl like her.

I liked Brooke but she's too dang giddy for me now. I still think she's the better woman though.

Gee, the 2 adversaries end up as the last 2 standing. That doesn't seem scripted at all.

Sadly, I think Christa will be his choice. It would just seem too much for him to choose Brooke, the one girl who most closely fits his lifestyle and has been most supported by the town. What kind of a surprise ending would that be? But choosing the sassy NYC girl with piercings but who has had an epiphany about the cold, cruel, selfish city men (as told so dramatically by her best friend) is a reality show dream ending.

When my prediction comes true, I will be in my bathroom vomiting.

I had seen commercials for this this but it didn't seem worth worth watching. Well there wasn't much on last night and I came across it flipping channels and decided to check it out.

Not great but I did get a kick out of the girls. I really liked KJ and her "diva" friend but knew she wouldn't be the one. Amanda didn't stand out at all except that she had no idea what he farmed.

That brings us to Brooke and Christa. Now I only have one episode to go on but I liked Christa and not Brooke.

Brooke seemed to be trying too hard and the way she ran out to Matt everytime he showed up kind of bugged me.

I felt like she was the catty, jealous one But I did see Christa's mean streak when she tossed the flipflop back into the pond.

I don't know if I care enough to watch the finale but maybe if they advertise a cat fight between these 2 , it would be worth it. :box:

I love this show!! Can't tell ya why though. Does anyone else think that Brooke looks like a long lost Spears sister? I have always liked her and I do think she has the best fit with Matt.

In the latest show, I agree, Brooke was annoying. They showed all the worst parts of her. She's really taken alot from the other girls, especially Christa. They've been catty and mean to her since day 3 it seems. And she only just started doing that "run to Matt" thing this week. I think she's still on cloud 9 from finally having a one on one date with the episode just before this one. lol

There was an article in our Sunday paper about the show. It turns out that Christa is from here-Cincinnati, OH. She does live in New York now. She said they have cut out all of her references to her hometown. She told Matt all about it on their date. They also never mention that Brooke may be from Texas but she now lives in Los Angeles and Brooke never talked about it. She also used that old reality show standby-she was edited to look mean. She says she's still in contact with Matt, Amanda and Ashley and that Matt's farm was affected by the recent flooding and had lost all his crops.

Here is a link to the article

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../ENT/806220319/

My 16 year old niece and her friend stayed the night with me. Finally someone to watch this silly show with, and the finale at that!

Thank you, scifichick for sharing that article. I read it after the show ended.

I'm so happy with the outcome. I hope they stay together, though I know the chances of that were slim.

Btw, what the heck was with taking her atv riding as their last date???? Poor girl lol

I totally couldn't see why any of those girls liked him. I just can't get over it. His personality sucked. How he responded to simple things in a conversation annoyed me. Plus, I thought it was funny they never showed him dancing [except for one or two quick shots where you don't actually see him dance, just that his body might have been moving] in the episodes they had it. I'm pretty sure he sucked so bad they didn't want to take away from him being an appealing guy.

The ending was just weird to me. What a way to make one of the girls feel terrible as she stands there in front of the town getting rejected .....and after a good night of making out with him!

Archived