Episode 3.02: The Butterfly Effect

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.02: Dreamtime

Airdate: September 15, 2008 from 9 to 11 p.m.

• 04/23 - African Aborigine: Any age, Male, thin. Seeking an African actor who could portray a member of the Maasai, Samburu or another similar nomadic pastoral tribe. A storyteller with great wisdom. Guest Star / Multiple Episode Arc. Source: SpoilerTV

• 4 months later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.02: The Butterfly Effect (fka "Dreamtime") (Edit: notice title change)

Airdate: September 22, 2008 at 10 p.m.

• 08/13 - [in the 2nd hour of the season 3 premiere], Angela clashes with her much-changed son, Peter, over how best to avert a seemingly inevitable worldwide catastrophe. First, Sylar declares war on the Company by attacking their main facility, and finds even more than he bargained for on Level 5. During a devastating battle with Elle (guest star Kristen Bell), a dozen savage criminals -- all with terrible abilities -- escape. Meanwhile, Claire discovers something new and unexpected about her abilities. Determined to reclaim his family

• 4 weeks later...

A few random thoughts after watching the season premiere back-to-back episodes:

• I wasn't as impressed as I was hoping to be but I was probably anticipating the return of the show far too much.
  • As usual, I love all the segments that feature Hiro and Matt Parkman. And the unexpected comic relief with Matt and the turtle was PRICELESS!
  • My general thought is that they threw almost TOO much stuff at the viewers to try and make up for last season. Was your brain a little fried after watching too?
  • Maya is waaayy too easy and pathetic. I wanted to reach into the tv and slap that girl.
  • Speaking of...I absolute hate where they are going with Suresh. What the...? It just doesn't fit with his character at all and I'm saddened that the writers chose to make this change. I find it hard to believe that he would inject himself with the serum. It reminded me of the movie "The Fly" with Jeff Goldblum, what with his newfound sexual appetite and goopy skin. lol.
  • As much as I dislike Niki/Jessica, and now this new character, I did find this storyline mildly interesting and wonder where they'll go with it. Definitely a pretty cool power. Mr. Freeeeze!...or should I say Ms...
  • Are Peter, Nathan, Claire AND Sylar really all related? :animated_scratchchin: Nice little plot twist.
  • Mr. Linderman is back...or is he? Or is he but he now has invisible powers? poof! My brain just hemorraghed. Seriously though, what are your thoughts on this? I'm not really crazy about his return actually. I'd rather have them move on to new characters.
  • Which leads me to Speedy Woman...or should I call her The Roadrunner? Anyway, I think she's a nice addition to the show.
  • I watched the hour preview/premiere before the actual episodes began and felt like they were trying WAY too hard...it almost seemed a bit desperate to me. It was nice to have a recap of the central characters but I would have preferred it if they had just rerun last season's final episode.

I was mildly impressed. Somethings were predictable (future Peter) and others I still don't quite get (Parkman in Africa). I hope the Africa storyline turns into something good.

I think we could have waited to learn about Nikki's new power. Her being alive is pretty big news as is it. They didn't explain how this freezing ability came about. Just speculating... (I don't read the spoilers) but I'm sure she always had the power and when she was burning to death her adrenaline kicked in *POOF* now she can freeze things. oorrrr maybe it's not Nikki at all!

I think Suresh's character change was to force the "Villians" theme this year. All summer we heard that we would see everyone's "other" side. It does seem forced, but that could be due to editing and time restraints.

Peter and Nathan have been fairly disappointing when it comes to holding up family values. They never listen to what mom has to say. Correct me if I am wrong, but this was the first we heard that her power came in her dreams? I had no idea. Also, I wonder if Sylar is really her son. Or is she using him? Saying that she is he is her son is a good way to get manipulative power.

I don't think Linderman is back. I think Nathan is nuts. He needs guidance so Linderman is the form that the guidance is taking in his mind. Linderman had all the answer before, he should have them now.

I for one loved the shows.

After two, well, one and a half seasons of being in such proximity of all the "special" people with powers, I can easily understand Suresh wanting to see for himself what it would be like! I thought it could have been handled with a little more conflict within Suresh, but I understood his desire to try it!

I never really got the Nikki character. She just never worked for me. So maybe this Tracy personality will be more interesting. It seems that perhaps each of her personalities will have a unique power!

The one thing the show did . . . . it left a lot of unanswered questions that will keep me waiting for more of the shows to answer the questions!

Do I think this is the greatest sci-fi genre series of all time? Absolutely not! But it has engaged me. I'm now waiting for the next episode every week! Will they have story arcs that I find boring or inappropriate, yep, but I'll still stay tuned in waiting for the next twist! :)

I think we could have waited to learn about Nikki's new power. Her being alive is pretty big news as is it. They didn't explain how this freezing ability came about. Just speculating... (I don't read the spoilers) but I'm sure she always had the power and when she was burning to death her adrenaline kicked in *POOF* now she can freeze things. oorrrr maybe it's not Nikki at all!

Now that's something I hadn't thought of but you may be on to something...that would be just about the only thing that would explain her being able to survive the explosion...if it is indeed Niki/Jessica.

So maybe this Tracy personality will be more interesting. It seems that perhaps each of her personalities will have a unique power!

hmm, that's a very good possibility too- in fact, what you both said could actually work together. Maybe within her person, she's actually made up of several different personalities and when one runs into trouble/dies/whatever, another personality with a different power kicks in and takes over to help her survive. I like it!! I wonder if Jessica will make a reappearance though if Micah comes back on the scene...

Archived