Limited Votes?

Baron

I think they should limit the voting to one vote per phone or ip connection. (I am sure they can do it somehow.) Every year we see a superior performer get axed from the show because of the popularity people getting all the votes. Perhaps I am biased against the teen and pre-teen girls with cellphones who make 20 votes for the "cute" guy instead of the best singer, but the integrity of the show is comprimised buy this whacked vote. Even BB killed the home viewer voting after the first season. I'm not saying get rid of the voting, but limit it to make it fair.

i can barely get through one vote :animated_bouncy:

but i agree voting needs to be capped

I agree! But I dont think it could ever happen...they LOVE being able to say that "36 million votes" or what ever the number was that week. They can't say that there were that many people who voted but they try to imply it...and it just sound better for them

I have gone from watching most weeks, 'till waiting until the last few weeks.........I think most of the "teen idols" usually get beat out at the end but it certainly is frustrating.............I also do not believe they still have the numbers they claim..........no one I know who used to watch EVERY week still does..............I'd love to know if others have heard that?

• 4 weeks later...

I agree about the limited voting...........with unlimited voting American Idol is just a popularity contest.

20 votes???? I'm sure many more. I'm middle-aged and have voted many more times than that in a couple of Canadian Idol seasons. Can't imagine how many times a truly devoted young girl might vote! LImited votes makes sense to me.

i can never get in

so my question is how hell does 20 million votes get in each week

i smell ......

I vote with a text message. It never seems to be a problem. That would explain 20 million votes.

I had another idea. I think the show would be better if each week we voted someone off the show. We'd vote for who we wanted to leave. Then the judges all secretly voted as well. America's vote would count for 2 and each judge would get a single vote. The person who goes home would be the best of the 5 votes. This way, favoritism could not be a factor and though America has the most power, the 3 judges combined could overide any stupidity like "vote for the worst"

Just my opinion. I know it won't be changed because the producers don't want to piss off the core audience.

I like that idea Baron. To change now would be to admit that there are problems with the current system, so of course they won't. But if they did it your way I think we'd be less likely to lose strong talents early and the ones that stay too long because they are cute should get the boot earlier.

That said, at least we did get a strong final 2!

Archived