John Adams Series (hbo)

Slowpoke

I only get basic cable... so I missed this one.

Can't wait for it to come out on DVD.... or re-run on the regular channels...

The reviews have been glowing and there's talk of multiple awards .

Anyone watch the whole thing ????

here's part of a review for the show -

"The mini-series "John Adams" wrapped up Sunday night. It was one of the most stunning autobiographical depictions ever applied to filmmaking. From the righteousness and optimism of a new country to the painful coping of bad teeth and barbaric breast cancer surgery, the seven-part series is a must for the home DVD library."

• 1 month later...
Guest Moxie

I thought this series was brilliant. David McCullough does such a good job with his books on American History. He became very good friends with Tom Hanks during the making of John Adams. They did an excellent job following his book almost to the letter. That's almost unheard of these days.

I would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone! It gives a very good portrayal of our forefathers.

• 1 month later...

Just in case anybody is interested in purchasing this DVD, it's now available at Amazon for thirty nine bucks.

I watched the entire series and I loved it! I believe it's worth every cent.

Obviously the Emmy committee believed in the series too considering how many Emmy nominations it got. I hope it does well because they deserve it! If Paul Giamatti doesn't win the Emmy I'll be shocked, lol

• 1 month later...

Archived