Animals Are Not Couples

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I think some people are saying is they waited until they saw who answered it what way before they decided to go with the guinea pig answer. Very stupid question with a stupid answer but it could fit how ever they wanted it to depending.....

(and no I did NOT want Sharon to win)

Listen to it again, she STARTED to answer and in mid sentence she stopped and THEN there was the pause, Almost as if she was changing her answer.
Ryan stepped on FALSE first if you look at it. She may have been getting ready to say "The answer is TRUE. Nobody got it right."

But I believe the HG's are on a couple second time delay, are they not? They have to in order to make sure the HG's don't cuss during the live show - otherwise how can they bleep or mute out when they are cussing? Julie was probably at first told that all of them were on FALSE and she was about to reveal the correct answer, then Ryan moved forward but the delay hadn't quite caught up with him so she stopped and was told the correct response, which was that Ryan got it right.

Let's face it, Julie is not good at the ad-libbing. HG's numerous times have caught her off-guard.

It was all a guessing game...it's not like it took any real skill.

It happened during a live taping...where stuff never runs 100% smoothly.

Julie usually blunders something during the live portion every season and I don't think this even qualifies for that.

Guniea pigs in the same cage are generally same sex so they don't multiply.

Their relationship is probably "siblings" from same litter (or batch, pack, pride, whatever it is for rodents).

They could be gay or were bought at same store, but their "relationship" preexisted before they entered the house.

Bottomline for me: It was just a stupid game, Ryan won the stupid game, get over it.

I think there was a long pause, giving contenstants time to change their minds or to really think about the question, because the question was tricky.

I don't think for one second that Ryan suspected another "pre existing relationship" especially since they were down to final 4 and he heard the "still in the house comment". He knew how Sharon was going to answer. He knew he was down by 1. His only chance of winning.....Sharon (and his personal opinion) wrong so he went the other way on the slim chance the answer would be fact. That was smart of Ryan.

I don't mind the question at all. They aren't allowed to touch the ginneas but they keep showing up in competitions, at least 2 POVs that I can recall. They show up on the TV screen letting the HGs know they visited the DR. Big Brother dropped enough clues. It's all good.

However, I do believe that the producer's will run a comp that favors one contestant over another, but mid game cheating, I'm not buying it.

Julie Chen may have paused for so long because she thought the cue card/tele-prompter was wrong!

(After all, I think she actually watches the show this year!)

So, like the rest of us, she thought it should be "Fiction", but she was being asked to say "Fact".

We couldn't see her, but she may have been gesturing to get someone to confirm it to her either on a written card, or through her earpiece.

The answer that it was "(The Guinea Pigs)" wasn't written on her cards / prompter, because the answer wasn't meant to be told to the houseguests, and it didn't come up on the screen until shortly afterward. (I can only assume that she wasn't supposed to tell the houseguests the answer, since she didn't. But it's possible something went wrong with the tele-prompter, and it froze.)

THE ABOVE IS ALL JUST MY CONJECTURE.

Could be totally wrong.

What a fiasco!

Whether it was truly rigged or not (and I believe it was) it was a problem. Big Brother should not and cannot have even the appearance of bias or impropriety and expect to keep a loyal viewership.

Could BB be playing with us by putting that on the screen and the real relationship maybe not couple but something else be Adam and Sheila and that's why they hated each other from the start so no one would ever think they were together.

Isn't it expect the unexpected with BB.

What if expect the unexpected was in the F2 the jury votes. Julie says we have a winner. Wait there's one final twist in this game.

When America voted Alex back in the house what you didn't know is the mystery box had Americas player and the $500 grand for the winner in F2. If James was in the box Americas player would then become the first place winner and F2 winner becomes the second place winner.

It would be insane they signed their lives and who knows what else away to BB for a year. I'm sure BB can do almost anything they want to in this game. It would be so funny to see the WOW factor on their faces then.

The existing relationship wasn't the GP. Each of them had a pre-existing relationship with God and Jesus Christ. After all. this is BB where God is playing the game too. I am just kidding of course but that would actually make more sense than the GPs.

I didn't watch all of this season to quit now but I won't be watching next season.

I have this in another thread as well.

Just playing devils advocate here.

What if the reason that Julie paused for so long was that BB didn't expect anyone to answer fact. If all three would have answered fiction, then Julie would have told them about the GP. Since Ryan answered fact BB decided that it would be better to have the 4 of them trying to decide who the 3rd relationship is.

I'm not saying I believe this or not. Personally I don't care if it's fixed or not, I will keep watching.

Guest nerorowan

I agree gingersnaps and what about "march of the penguins" and also many animals mate for life. Animals do form attachments independent of human intervention. Animals are not people obviously but they do have feelings and they sometimes do care for one another I believe.

Nero, absolutely. Mothers care for their young and males go to hunt and bring back food. Without a relationship (bond) they would all be acting independently and not caring for others.

How about when one species of animal nurtures another species of animal?

1) It could have been just as easily favored for sharon because she is the one who always deals with the guinea pigs. I am sure if she had got that question right and nobody else, then everyone would have said it was rigged for sharon and be mad, and wanted to have ryan or adam as HOH.

2) Second...the pause was likely for dramatics to make the houseguests on edge about the possibility of another twist. Or the long pause could have been a technical glitch that came at a really bad time. You can't know these things for sure.

This is like the mystery box with James. That could have been their plan all along, but it just looked bad with it being James. We can never really know for sure. Look at both sides.

Well, I certianly do not beleive in the theories about the show riggings. A season doesn't end without someone claiming the show was rigged. Hell, UVP claimes the show is rigged before it even airs.

I do think the question was stoopid though. I am no Sharon fan, but she got screwed. This isn't the first time BB has had a trick question though. I remember the tea cup question about how many gallons the tea cup would hold. Most answered high not taking into account the door in the side.

Well for me the problem comes with the examples in the question. Had they not used human beings; Jen/Ryan, Sharon/Jacob then the answer could have been ambiguous. But, WITH the examples BB pointed out what they were "meaning" and therefore the answer can only be FICTION.

I remember in another HoH comp. there was a question about the number of lamps... BB made sure they understood what lamps were and that they included the lava lamps.

BB narrowed the scheme of "relationship" by their own examples. Sharon was screwed.

people are speculating that BB wanted Ryan to win and switched the answer to the question to suit Ryan's answer. if you go back and watch the competition, you can hear someone writing on a cue card and Julie's bracelet's rattling during her pause to answer the question. Sharon was clearly robbed by BB. spread the word and express your disgust.

I still say Sharon was screwed. Animals should not have been counted. As for the teacup thing... I remember when the question was asked, I turned to my husband and said... well there is a door in the teacup... so it wouldn't hold much. It was tricky, but it definitely made sense and it was correct. This guinea pig thing was just stupid. You know Sharon was thinking about the lie that Josh had told Sheila about him and Neil and so Sharon answered fiction because she knew that story was a lie.

BB really needs to at least tell the houseguests about it being the guinea pigs.

Sorry, but technically BB isn't a game show, it's a reality show, and the rules about game shows doesn't apply... That's what past guests have told me when I talked to them about the unfairness in past season's...

Ok, so I am a complete dork, but in my defense I am trying to avoid studying for finals.

I tried to search for FCC rules on reality TV shows and whether they are game shows.

This is what I found:

Thanks for contacting the FCC via the online inquiry form, with your inquiry (designated IC Number: 07-W13271938), regarding the

'reality' show 'Big Brother.' We will close your inquiry IC Number: 07-W13271938 with this response:

Section 73.1216 of the Commission's rules governs the broadcast of licensee-conducted contests, Le., a contest conducted by an

FCC-licensed station in which a prize is offered 'to members of the public.' Since the show 'Big Brother' is conducted by a network

programmer (vs. an FCC-licensed station) and does not offer a prize to members of the public, it is not regulated by the FCC.

A "game show" in which 'selected contestants' (vs. 'members of the public') participate is governed by Section 509 of Title 47 of the

United States Code (USC), and regulated by the Department of Justice. However 'Big Brother' does not appear to meet the

definition of a "game show." Rather, it is a 'for entertainment only' program, somewhat similar to professional wrestling in that it is a

pseudo-contest in which the outcome is fully, or in some measure, predetermined.

Can be seen here http://www.governmentattic.org/docs/FCC_Co...Use_2003-07.pdf on page 19.

I 2nd, 3rd, 4th.....that the GP question is BS

but

for a real estate agent...I thought that Sharon would be able to add up some numbers quite better than that....hmmmm makes me wanna get a new appraisal...

Archived