Episodes 4.13 And 4.14: There's No Place Like Home (season Finale, Part 2)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.13: Title Unknown (Season finale, part 2)

Airdate: May 22, 2008

There are currently no spoilers for this episode. Please check back later.

Look For A Kiss In The Season Finale

Source: TV Guide, Michael Ausiello and LOST Magazine

In the season finale, we are in store for a "spectacular kiss"- using Damon Lindelof's words. In the new issue of Lost magazine, DL teased, "Romance is always blooming on and off the island. And I hereby promise you one of the most spectacular kisses you've ever seen on the show in this year's finale." Carlton Cuse added, "I can disclose no more details other than to say it's one of my favorite moments of the whole series so far. And contrary to some speculation, it is a male/female kiss."

• 2 weeks later...

Cuse and Lindelof Finale Reveals

Source: Oscar Dahl, BuddyTV

• Sawyer is not one of the Oceanic 6, and the finale will deal heavily with the Jack/Sawyer/Kate love triangle. Sawyer's fate will come about in accord with the love triangle, and it will be a big part of the finale.

• Cuse, on character deaths: "It's always a tricky thing when it comes to talking about death on the show. If we were to tease a death, like when Shannon died, it leads everybody to chase it down and spoil it. On the other hand, if we were to say that everybody is safe, that would ruin the dramatic impact of the finale.

Episodes 4.13 and 4.14: There's No Place Like Home, Parts 2 & 3 (Season finale, part 2)

Airdate: May 29, 2008 from 9 to 11 p.m.

• 04/24 - [...] It was the return of the Oceanic Si . The moment when Jack, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, Kate, and Aaron arrive back in the real world, a moment that the flash forwards seem to have been building backwards toward since the end of Season 3. Their rescue is as huge a media circus as you'd imagine, with a throng of reporters and photographers on hand as they step off the plane. A military transport plane. That brought them back to the United States. Via Honolulu. Actually, the dramatic disembarkation was to be filmed later. But today's filming focused on an elaborate Oceanic Airlines-coordinated press conference. Or, as my two sources put it, "a big press con." The world's media was there for answers, as well as several familiar faces: Veronica Hamel (Margo Shephard), Cheech Marin (David Reyes) and Lillian Hurst (Carmen Reyes). But as Lost fans know, the answers they got merely raised more questions. Ms. Austen, how old is Aaron? Ms. Kwon, what happened to your husband? Mr. Reyes, what of your fortune, and this hefty airline settlement? The answers they give, I dare not tell. But suffice it to say, the press is as skeptical of the official story as Lost toughest fans. (And Hurley's hackles are raised by a query that's been raised by viewers and comedians alike since Season 1.) Sayid toes the line, but isn't happy about it. And yes, the Oceanic Six make surprising mention of some long, lost friends. Three of them, at least, whose deaths occurred in each of the first three seasons. Source: The Transmission
  • 04/23 - The May [29] finale will complicate the Jack-Kate-Sawyer love triangle by featuring "a spectacular kiss" and elaborate on Jack's flash-forward ambition to journey back to the Island. "This year's finale will sum up exactly how difficult it may be to accomplish that," says Lindelof, who adds this cryptic response to speculation that flash-forwards will vanish once Island present meets off-Island future: "There could easily be a time when the word flash becomes irrelevant." Source: Entertainment Weekly

Sawyer Scoop

Source: EOnline, "Watch With Kristin"

Magali in Columbus, Ohio: What's coming up for Sawyer in these last remaining episodes of Lost?

Kristin: All I know is I'm hearing there's a supersecret Sawyer scene in the finale. I don't know anything about it, but I do suspect/believe it's the game changer that leads to the prophesized end of the time-jumpy flashes on Lost.

Season Finale Spoiler

Source: Yahoo TV

'This whole season has been focused on the Oceanic Six who got off the island and the growing rivalry between Charles Widmore and Ben. In the two-hour season finale on May 29th, we will find out just how the Oceanic Six (Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sun, Hurley and baby Aaron) escaped, the circumstances of why the others were left behind, and why they had to keep what happened to them a secret when they returned to the real world. The flash forwards have added a whole new element to the show this season (Jack and Kate engaged? Hurley is back in the loony bin! Is Claire dead? And if not, why would she let Aaron leave the island without her?) We'll also find out who was in the coffin on last season's finale (speculation has centered on either Michael or Ben) and don't be surprised if the Grim Reaper strikes again, targeting one of our favorite castaways...'

Episodes 4.13 and 4.14: There's No Place Like Home, Parts 2 & 3 (Season finale, part 2)

• 05/05 - Lost headed way out to Wai'anae, the arid, rural west coast of O'ahu. They established a base camp at Wai'anae Regional Park, and enlisted a handful of boats to carry equipment and crew across Pokai Bay... Action is called, and the stars get wet. Jorge Garcia, Yunjun Kim, Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Naveen Andrews and Henry Ian Cusick swim toward a large, octagonal raft through some debris. In several takes, Hurley - clutching a doll that's most likely playing Aaron - helps pull Kate, Sun, and Sayid aboard. But Jack and Desmond take a little longer to reach them. And Desmond is holding someone who's not moving. Source: The Transmission
  • 05/05 - I'm hearing there's a supersecret Sawyer scene in the finale. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 05/05 - Scaling down somewhat from the huge shoot at Kalaeloa on Wednesday, the Lost crew headed out to upscale East Honolulu today to film at a mansion in Kahala. Specifically, they returned to Hurley's mansion as last seen in "Tricia Tanaka is Dead," a $5.5 million property that's actually on the market. There wasn't much to see from the street, but when a group of extras made a run for craft services they were impossible to miss. Party hats, loud shirts, a couple of cheesy plastic lei. it certainly looked as if Hurley has something to celebrate. Word is it was a surprise party for Hurley's birthday, and in attendance were Sayid and Nadia, and Kate and Aaron. Source: The Transmission

Source: TV Guide, Michael Ausiello

Question:Ausiello, last year you rode in on a white steed and gave us crucial info about the Lost finale. Can you be our hero again this season and give us more on the "spectacular kiss"?

LOST Season Finale Spoilers

Source: EOnline's "Watch With Kristin"

Malik in Bangkok: I love Lost! Is anyone going to die in the season finale?

Kristin: I can tell you that a series regular who has been on the series since the first season will not be back next season (season five). According to inside sources, this person's contract has been put into a holding deal and the plan at this point is to have him or her return for season six. Guesses? (OK, I'll spare you the frantic emails: It is not Jack or Sawyer. It's a she.)

Wendell in Santa Fe, N.M.: Lost, girl! Spill! What can you tell me about the very end of this season?

Kristin: Remember how I told you that time traveling and teleporting is most definitely happening?(Duh) Well, let's just say that it's going to be happening on a much larger scale in the coming seasons.

Great spoilers!!! I can't wait for the episode! I hope it's not a let down (not that any of the season finales have been), but I haven't been impressed w/the last two episodes leading up, so I want this season to end w/goosebumps and excitement!!

Whoa! I think I found out a HUGE spoiler - if it's indeed true. I won't post it yet until I see if I can verify it further but it has something to do with WHO is in the coffin...and it's a bit of a mindblower! If I do find out that it is accurate information, I'm still not sure if I should post it as it definitely might be too much of a spoiler for some...let me know your thoughts,ok?

I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cartoon_tinkerbell:

They don't have to scroll over the spoiler part if they don't want to know. I heard a video clip of the last episode w/major spoilers is floating around via email.

Interview With Michael Emerson Regarding the 2 hr Season Finale

Source: NewsJournal Online

Q. What lengths do producers go to to prevent spoilers on a show like "Lost"?

Sometimes they go to crazy lengths. The script in the finale had blank pages. There was a secret scene. There usually is at the end of the season. But they went a step better this year. When they filmed the secret scene, they filmed three different versions of a moment in it so that even the people that were on the set will not know how the season ends.

(This is exactly the reason I'm not totally sure about the "who's in the coffin" spoiler. Even Jorge Garcia has said that they filmed the coffin reveal with at least three different people in the coffin just to throw people off. So, even though most of the spoiler sites are pointing to- don't highlight this if you really don't want to know-

John Locke

being in the coffin, I wouldn't bet my life on it just yet! -kayo)

Q. I read a rumor that you were actually in the secret scene this season.

I might be.

Q. Finally, can you give us any ideas on what we might expect in next Thursday's finale?

Well, violence. Casualties. Retribution for past crimes. It's so violent and so full of machinery. That's all I better say.

Main Points from Damon and Carlton's last Official LOST Podcast for Season 4:

- Special repeat of Part of Finale before Parts 2 and 3 which will show deleted scenes from the Press Conference of the O6.

- The Orchid will be seen in the Finale

- They don't say who Abaddon works for but he is not "top of the chain"

- They discuss their favorite characters - CC is Sawyer, Damon's is Jack (He prefers Jack with chest hair).

- We will see Walt again

- the Island will not let Widmore, Ben and Jack die until it's finished with them

- They confirmed that the Island stopped Jack from committing suicide.

- They will be going into radio silence until Comic Con in July.

- A few more podcasts after Comic-Con will follow before Season 5 starts

- ABC advisory panel have nominated an episode for Emmy consideration

• 05/15 - Not only is the kiss spectacular, but according to a very solid source, it's the kind of liplock that "stops f---ing time" and "makes the entire world vanish in the moment." There's a fair amount of blood shed in next week's two-hour capper. And there's at least one significant death. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 05/15 - Summary of the preview shown during the Upfronts: Two pilots are at the helm of a transport plane, maybe a C-17. One chastises the other for clinging to his lucky charm; the one holding the rabbit's foot says he has to be extra vigilant considering the cargo they are carrying. These two are piloting a Coast Guard transport that's bringing the Oceanic Six back to the mainland. Michelle Forbes is an Oceanic Airlines rep, strapped into the jump seat immediately behind the pilots. The pilots tell Forbes they're approaching the Tarmac. She goes back into the cargo hold where Jack, Hurley, Sayid, Sun and Kate are strapped in to passenger seats. Kate is holding Aaron. Michelle Forbes tells the Six the press wants to talk to them, but she can get them out of it. Jack speaks for the group and says that's fine, they're prepared to answer any questions. Michelle Forbes leaves, tottering back to the cockpit in her stilettos. Jack says they all know the story, but if they get any questions they can't answer, the press will just assume they're in shock. Sun: "Jack, we are in shock." Sun and Sayid do look like they're in shock, whereas Kate just looks generally devastated. Aaron is wearing an insanely adorable little overall jumper. The plane lands, and the gangplank is lowered. The Six exit the back of the transport. Mama Reyes, Papa and Mama Paik and Mama Shephard are all waiting. All three clans are overjoyed to see each other. Sayid and Kate have no families greeting them. Hugo jumps back after hugging his mom hello and introduces Sayid, who gets the full family hug treatment. Kate, who looks especially freckly for some reason, holds on tight to baby Aaron and looks around, all alone. I know that Sam Austen is probably supposed to be in Iraq or something (the background soldiers in "Something Nice Back Home"), and I know her mom is perpetually dying, but she's all alone, and it shows. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 05/15 - The face-off between the survivors and the freighter people continues, and the Oceanic Six find themselves closer to rescue. Guest starring are Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Ken Leung as Miles Straume, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Alex Petrovitch as Henrik and Starletta DuPois as Michael's mom. Source: ABC

'Lost' season finale should answer questions

Source: LA Times, By Maria Elena Fernandez

May 24, 2008

When the "Lost" two-hour season finale airs Thursday, it will end not just another chapter in ABC's island saga. It also will close a season of ground-breaking storytelling that has carried viewers from present and past narratives, the signature of the show, to the future -- to be colored further with flashbacks of the flash forwards -- that is, glimpses of the future that predate other future events the audience has already seen. This season, the writers filled in the blanks by showing us another snippet of the future that occurred before that moment to let viewers know that "he" is Claire's baby, Aaron.

Using the flashback technique to develop character has become so popular across the TV landscape since "Lost" premiered in 2004 that it seems likely that flashing forward in increments to drive plot will follow suit. "Lost" producers have used this device to push the story forward and to answer some of the many island mysteries that fans both love and hate.

"It's an interesting development in the story that suddenly we deal with the post-island world, but it's imperfect," said Michael Emerson, who plays Ben Linus, the master-manipulator leader of the Others, whom viewers have seen off the island as well. "It's as imperfect as the island world and the only way it can be inhabited by the Oceanic 6 is by way of the big lie. So it's a compromised world.

"And the island may be more important to the survivors when they leave it than when they stood upon it," he continued. "The island of the mind, if you will. But it's a place that has a hold over them. The island never loses its power."

Looking forward

EVIDENTLY, that's also the case for "Lost" viewers. The flash-forward device has energized many fans who had become disenchanted during last year, as more characters and mysteries were introduced and favorite castaways were sidelined. Averaging 14.6 million viewers, "Lost" ranks ninth among all TV series in the desirable 18- to 49-year-old demographic and has been the top-rated show in both of its time slots all season, despite being on a new night.

Viewers have responded favorably to the show's hastened narrative pace, but some have griped that, at times, piecing the timeline has been challenging. "By doing the flash-forwards, we made the audience deeply suspicious and they don't know what to believe when you want them to believe something," executive producer Carlton Cuse said, aware of the Internet chatter among Losties.

With only two hours left, the producers have much ground to cover. In the future, fans have seen Jack (Matthew Fox) and Kate (Evangeline Lilly) as a couple raising Aaron without mention of what happened to Claire (Emilie de Ravin). Hurley (Jorge Garcia) winds up in a mental hospital again; Sayid (Naveen Andrews) is working as an assassin for Ben around the globe; and Sun (Yunjin Kim) gives birth and mourns the loss of her husband, Jin (Daniel Dae Kim), even though viewers have not witnessed his death.

What fans have yet to see is what happened after last season's time-busting revelation that Jack and Kate leave the island in the future but something makes Jack want to return. On Thursday, "Lost" will take viewers to that very moment of Jack's pained "We have to go back!" and move beyond it. It also will disclose "one of the island's greatest secrets," according to Emerson.

"The finale is about the culmination of this idea that a group of people who desperately wanted to get off the island find themselves in the position of defending the island that they've been trying to leave," Cuse said.

But producers won't disclose what fans are dying to know. Many viewers, as evidenced on message boards, are convinced that next season post-island life becomes the present and the past is life on the island.

"All we can say is that it's going to be very hard to get back to the island for those guys," co-creator and executive producer Damon Lindelof said. "But life will continue for the people who are not with them. How are we going to tell that story? We're not going to tell that." In fact, Lindelof vowed during an interview that after the finale airs he and Cuse "are going into radio silence until next season."

But Emerson, talking from the Hawaii set by telephone, has a theory. "Every season, in the telling of 'Lost,' the lens pulls back another notch so that the picture gets bigger, includes more stuff, more people, more places," he said. "So I'll be curious to see what is now included when the lens jumps back another step. I think it will be more fragmented. The geography of the show as we've known it will be upset. Everybody will be in a new place."

Kim, who said there "will be casualties," took it one step further: "The finale will change the way you watch the show. It will introduce new variables that would never even be considered previously."

When viewers last saw the Oceanic 6, Jack and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) dodged the helicopter that could have rescued them to try to protect Hurley.

Hurley was hiding from the freighter folks who want to kill Ben. The Others came down the mountain and captured Kate and Sayid. Sun, Jin and Aaron were onboard the bomb-carrying freighter.

"Aw, man, the finale is crazy," Garcia said. "You will definitely see how we all end up together and back on civilization. But it's as if there is one obstacle after another in front of us and the fact that we make it off is definitely a miracle."

Choosing survivors

JUST HOW did these half a dozen plane crash survivors -- and not their counterparts -- come to be the Oceanic 6?

The producers began to make their selections in the second season but did not pick all six until after they had negotiated 2010 as an end date for the series and could plan out the rest of the stories. The first requirement was that they had to be passengers on flight Oceanic 815, which crashed on the island on Sept. 22, 2004, and not any of the other island inhabitants.

"Jack has been saying from the word go, 'I'm gonna get everybody off the island.' So we thought, 'What happens if the hero accomplishes his goal but realizes he's made a horrible mistake?' " Lindelof said. "And he would only qualify it a success if Kate were off the island as well. We also knew the baby had to be a part of it. Then we asked ourselves, 'Who are the other people who have something to go back to and what might their lives be like off the island?' "

The answer was Sayid, Sun and Hurley, but Lindelof and Cuse won't say exactly why, noting that some of their reasons are based on events in upcoming seasons that even the cast ignores at this point.

"Those choices are representations of the dramatic poles of the characters," Cuse said. "Jack is the ultimate empiricist. He's never believed in the mystery and the mythology of the island. He just wants to get the hell off this place whereas Locke has embraced the mysteries of the island. His goal is to understand what the island is about."

Nobody was more surprised to learn he was in the exclusive club than Garcia. Often, the emotional center of the show, Hurley, isn't in the middle of the action.

"I knew some people were getting off and some weren't and I assumed at the time that it was all going to be people close to the [satellite] phone," Garcia said. "But it turned out to be a bunch of us from all over the place and I thought it was cool because it became a puzzle to unravel as to how we all end up together off the island."

The only exception to the only-passengers rule is Aaron, who wasn't on the manifest because he was born on the island. That Kate is his mother off-island is one of the components of the intricate lie the Oceanic 6 weave when they reach civilization. From the beginning, viewers have wondered if Aaron is somehow at the center of the show's mythology. The producers have repeatedly said the island is not purgatory, but whether Aaron (or Locke or Ben or who knows?) is pivotal to a healing island with smoke monsters and electro-magnetic properties remains to be seen.

"It could go either way," said De Ravin, who plays Claire, who in the present could be dead or undead, depending on how you look at it. "Seeing as they've already revealed him to be with Kate, there's got to be some other twist there. He's just a little baby, so it's hard to tell if he has some crazy powers. Maybe he can see the future too."

The future doesn't look so promising for Jin, whose wife grieved by his grave in Korea. But many fans, taking a cue from his tombstone, which listed the day of the crash as the day he died, don't believe Jin is dead.

"I do like the fact that his fate is unresolved and that his life is in jeopardy," Kim said. "Now, believing that he might be dead, I'm getting a lot of people saying, 'Wow, please, don't be dead.' It's a nice sign of appreciation for a character that I haven't necessarily felt in the past."

The finale, Cuse said, will have "some spectacular romantic moments along with spectacular action moments."

"The story of the Oceanic 6 is the ultimate break-up story," Lindelof added. "That's what the finale is about -- everybody breaking up. And the show is going to have to proceed from here as to whether or not we're going to get everybody together. Who is still around to get together?"

I'm about to completely lose it b/c I'm so excited about tonight.

Thank you to the powers that be for giving me no sleep last night so it will be extremely hard to stay up considering I'm already an old pooper who usually is asleep by 9.

Get Six Sneak Peeks of Lost's Season Finale

excellent episode......answered some good questions, but raised some new ones!

glad to know locke is in the coffin, but what happened to him, and how did (and why) he leave the island

what bad things happened after the 6 left?!

why doesn't claire want aaron back on the island?

is claire really dead (i think so)

how old is walt now?!

worst season finale of all the seasons imo!

Wasn't as suspenseful or shocking. Their big climaxes were predictable and let downs :(

1. The big kiss - sucked however for the first time I felt sorry for Sawyer always having to play second to Kate despite his deep love for her. This is coming from a Jack only fan, but it does look like him and Juliet may be doing it in the future?? How did he get back to the island w/o barely breaking a sweat (didn't seem overly tired)

2. I've always liked the penny and desmond story but there was no build up to their reunion. Usually I have goosebumps when they have their big moments, but I just didn't "feel it" this time. Not sure how they would have improved that, but big let down.

3. I did like the Asian guy who can see ghosts revealing that the red head girl had previously been on the island.

4. How Ben went about moving the island was a bit "much" and laughable.

5. Felt bad for Jin. Should have been Sun. :outfitted_pirate: Not that it's not possible Jin survived and everyone on Faraday's boat.

6. Locke didn't look the same as he normally does but I assume it was from makeup. Will he miraculously come back to life when brought back to the island?

Being a mommy, I couldn't help but wonder how the hell is Aaron being fed? Not like they keep Similac on hand and Kate ain't bf'ing. ...and while we're on the subject, jeez Claire looked like she packed on the pounds.

From ew http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20203291,00.html

a couple words about Jeremy Bentham, another classic loaded Lost name. Bentham was a 19th-century philosopher associated with utilitarianism and liberalism. He also designed the ''panopticon,'' a cylindrical-shaped prison that requires minimal security and facilitates intense paranoia. He was also buried in a bizarre box designed for public display called an ''auto-icon.'' Bizarre. Clearly, one must consider comparing and contrasting philosopher John Locke to philosopher Jeremy Bentham, but one should consider those things when one is not falling asleep at his computer at midnight.

More interesting to casual Lost fans is this: The name Jeremy Bentham all but confirms as legit the obit text that has circulated throughout fandom since last year. There are many more curious details in this notice

LOST Alternate Endings...or Who Else Is In The Coffin?

LOST alternate endings

Source: ABC and NY Entertainment Magazine

Also: Did anyone else notice the "commercial" at the end for Octagon Global Recruiting (has a DHARMA/Widmore/Mittelos connection written all over it)? If you visit the site you find that they, indeed, are sponsored by the DHARMA Initiative and are looking for "volunteers" to assist their objectives. A national "recruitment drive" will commence in San Diego, July 24-27...hmm, the same date as the Comic-Con Convention there. Coincidence? Naw.

Archived